US Politics: Nine Days in January

Fragile Bird

So, how many Republicans came out in favour of impeachment thus far in the debate?

I found watching football to be preferable to Jim Jordan explaining the Trump supporters went to the capitol to defend it against BLM protesters, who were obviously the guilty part.

I was just about to post about Meijer. He comes from the Meijer family that owns supermarkets here in Michigan (and where I shop quite frequently), I dont feel so bad for going there anymore and giving them my money in exchange for goods.

Also, may be in keeping with how corporate America is taking a stand to not associate with anyone disputing the election results etc.

Jesus Christ Steny Hoyer needs to stop citing Liz Cheney as some sort of bastion of moral leadership. She is just as much of a psycho as the rest of these hogs, she just another rat leaving the sinking ship she boarded by choice.

STOP HELPING TO REHABILITATE THESE SCUMBAGS.

1 minute ago, GrimTuesday said:

Jesus Christ Steny Hoyer needs to stop citing Liz Cheney as some sort of bastion of moral leadership. She is just as much of a psycho as the rest of these hogs, she just another rat leaving the sinking ship she boarded by choice.

STOP HELPING TO REHABILITATE THESE SCUMBAGS.

While I agree he was repeating her words so much I had to eventually turn it off, if you don't get that he's using her support of impeachment to juxtapose and highlight the cowardice of the rest of the GOP conference, you simply do not understand politics.

6 minutes ago, Fez said:

Fun fact about Meijer, he is the Republican who replaced Justin Amash (didn't run against him; Amash retired last term). Something about that district makes principled Republicans I guess.

And, as he mentions in his memo, it was also previously held by Gerald Ford several decades ago.  The only Republican president of the past 50 years I have any respect for. 

Just now, DMC said:

While I agree he was repeating her words so much I had to eventually turn it off, if you don't get that he's using her support of impeachment to juxtapose and highlight the cowardice of the rest of the GOP conference, you simply do not understand politics.

I get that, but pointing out the hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy of Republicans has never been effective. They do not have have a sense of shame, and the only thing that it does is give swing voters who vote for Republicans because they cut taxes someone to hug to keep soothing their guilt for the other much larger and impactful horrors that Republicans unleash.

1 minute ago, GrimTuesday said:

I get that, but pointing out the hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy of Republicans has never been effective.

First of all, let's be clear, nothing anyone said today is going to be "effective."  Second, if we're gonna pretend it is, then yes, pointing out there are even Republicans - particularly the #3 Republican of the conference - that support impeachment is the best way to appeal to anyone that is still somehow in the middle.  It's absurd to suggest otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Thank you.

Supposedly Rice's vote was a mistake and he switched (and early on I did see the count go down from 5 to 4). But we're at 10 Republicans ayes so far, and I haven't seen a 9th or 10th announcement from anyone else.

Archived