WandaVision 2: Sitcoms and Superheroes and Spoilers too

mormont

I don't think the reticence Disney would have turning Wanda full heel is as much about being "off-brand" or whatever this new dude Karl is talking about, it's more that they've obviously invested a lot in Olsen as a lead character moving forward - and in that way she can't be the "big bad" like Thanos or even Loki.  And Karl's right, if this really is just all her, that is pretty fucking bad.

56 minutes ago, Karlbear said:

It's not about being hidebound; it's about what kind of stories they are going to tell and how they're going to tell them. This is the brand, basically. And they're not going to go too off-brand for a while.

Hmm, do you mean the MCU brand isn't having heroes fail? Or have differing moral compasses? Certainly the arc of Tony Stark was away from justice towards fascism for the movies from Civil War onwards. He died a total hero but there's a lot of gray area there. I agree they aren't going to Snyder or anything but c'mon multiple heroes have been bad guys due to mind control in this universe already.

1 hour ago, Karlbear said:

It's different, but 'TV sitcom' is hardly off the Disney brand, and more importantly I don't think they're willing to do heel turns or change the universe in a dark way quite yet. 

I just don't think the 'universe' is as clear cut as you I guess. Black Widow getting sacrificed was pretty dark for example.

3 hours ago, ithanos said:

Anyone have any idea how Darcy will appear in Westview, handcuffed to the vehicle? When the other SWORD vehicles & personnel appeared as a circus my mind could only come up with a bear tied up to the side of a trailer - which is totally absurd, but I'm at a blank for anything else. Someone put me out of my misery and come up with something more likely, I can't have that first thought haunting me 'til the next episode.

Bearded lady.

Love the comic book accurate costumes!

The multiverse is still going to play significantly, but I am starting to think that the XVerse version of Pietro we've gotten isn't the real big bad...that some suggested that Mephisto could be Dottie, or Agnes, or Hayward...but if he's in any way part of this, I think he's Pietro...

Agnes, I believe, is still actually Agatha Harkness, and that she's actually independently caught up in Wanda's delusion.  That she's been trying to help, but not as an avatar of the bad guy. I think she's trying to help Wanda get control of what's actually happening to her.

How Hayward plays into all of this though...? Not sure.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

Whoever it is that Monica was meeting, he was waiting ‘just over the ridge’, so we can assume he’s inside Westview now. And if he comes back out again, that’ll be twice through as well.

I dunno about that.  "Just over the ridge" is entirely vague, and we didn't actually see anybody.  I'm not assuming anything - although I am quite curious who that may be.  Wouldn't be surprised if that's some reinforcements for Monica and Woo in the next ep.

35 minutes ago, DMC said:

I dunno about that.  "Just over the ridge" is entirely vague, and we didn't actually see anybody.  I'm not assuming anything - although I am quite curious who that may be.  Wouldn't be surprised if that's some reinforcements for Monica and Woo in the next ep.

It seems quite a specific statement if it’s not relevant, and if it was many miles out of town then the other people there wouldn’t have known what ‘the ridge’ was. Strikes me as a line that purposefully puts him in the immediate vicinity.

7 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

It seems quite a specific statement if it’s not relevant, and if it was many miles out of town then the other people there wouldn’t have known what ‘the ridge’ was. Strikes me as a line that purposefully puts him in the immediate vicinity.

I'm not saying it's irrelevant, I'm saying it's vague.  All she says is she's "just gotta meet my guy over the ridge."  That could mean anything, and I don't know what "other people" you're referring to that wouldn't have known what the ridge was - it's just Monica that mentions it to Woo and Darcy.  Next time we see her, she's still driving with Woo - presumably they haven't met her guy yet. 

Then Wanda..flexes (that's my preferred term) and they floor it, but we have no reason to assume they went passed whatever "ridge" she was supposed to meet her guy at.  Again, I suspect whomever this guy is, we and Monica and Woo will meet up with him (or them?) next week.

I see what Kalbear is saying here. If Wanda is responsible for all this, then it is incredibly evil, at a level no other MCU hero has come close to (aside from someone like Loki, who starts as a villain and then becomes more of an anti-hero). Even though this show is experimental for the MCU, which is one of the reasons I really like it and watched it, Feige and co. are not going to be interested in telling that kind of story.

Even though Fox has gotten lots of shit for their X Men movies, and god knows they could be inconsistent, this is why I've always really appreciated that X-Men universe- they allowed their characters to be a lot more interesting and their properties to be a lot more unique. Which reminds me, I need to find out where I can stream Legion so I can finally finish it...

I'm getting more and more convinced by all y'all that "Peter" is either the villain or working for them.

Weren't Woo and Monica driving to meet the aerospace engineer over the ridge when the hex expanded? My read is that they got away, and the ridge guy (who may or may not be Reed Richards) is even further away from the expanded hex. 

I do know for sure based on the trailers: 

that Monica gets the fancy vehicle and attempts to enter the barrier with it. There's a shot from inside the cockpit as it tries to get through in one of the trailers.

43 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Weren't Woo and Monica driving to meet the aerospace engineer over the ridge when the hex expanded? My read is that they got away, and the ridge guy (who may or may not be Reed Richards) is even further away from the expanded hex. 

I do know for sure based on the trailers: 

Hide contents

that Monica gets the fancy vehicle and attempts to enter the barrier with it. There's a shot from inside the cockpit as it tries to get through in one of the trailers.

Seemed to me that they got away only because they were still driving away to get to the meet up.

I actually do not want it to be Reed Richards.  I prefer the theory that Reed and the rest of the FF is on one of the ships that was referenced in episode 4 that hadn't been located yet post Blip return...

1 hour ago, Caligula_K3 said:

Which reminds me, I need to find out where I can stream Legion so I can finally finish it...

If you find it, let me know!  I watched the first couple of episodes of season two and then lost track of it.

I see what Kalbear is saying here. If Wanda is responsible for all this, then it is incredibly evil, at a level no other MCU hero has come close to (aside from someone like Loki, who starts as a villain and then becomes more of an anti-hero). Even though this show is experimental for the MCU, which is one of the reasons I really like it and watched it, Feige and co. are not going to be interested in telling that kind of story.

Even though Fox has gotten lots of shit for their X Men movies, and god knows they could be inconsistent, this is why I've always really appreciated that X-Men universe- they allowed their characters to be a lot more interesting and their properties to be a lot more unique. Which reminds me, I need to find out where I can stream Legion so I can finally finish it...

I'm getting more and more convinced by all y'all that "Peter" is either the villain or working for them.

Someone having a complete mental breakdown due to a huge life trauma coupled with universe bending powers isn't evil. Red Skull fomenting war to achieve control of humanity, that's evil. Alexander Pierce deciding to assassinate non-compliant people to achieve the same end, that's evil. This is a person with suffering a psychotic episode after losing the love of her life and then getting wiped out of existence. It's just that she's a superhuman so the consequences are far more dire than a mere mortal jumping off a bridge or taking a hostage.

27 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Seemed to me that they got away only because they were still driving away to get to the meet up.

Yeah, exactly. 

I need to find out where I can stream Legion so I can finally finish it...

It's on Hulu in the US.

Archived