NBA 2021 - 2022 BENched Simmons

Relic

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

I mean, the counting stats aren't why his PER is so low.  It's that he's 7 for 39 from the field - 1 for 21 from 3.

They flashed a graphic at halftime that said he was having the worst shooting start of any top pick ever. The PER number is just insane though. Idk if I've ever seen one that low.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

How do you think the top five plays out if we redrafted?  

It's way too early for that and Cade will turn it around. I just don't think he's an NBA PG and should be learning how to play the traditional three spot. 

I am laughing a bit though at the experts who said four guys in this draft would have gone first overall in last year's draft when Edwards and Ball are both balling out to start the season.

1 minute ago, Slurktan said:

1. Scotty 2. Mobley 3. Guy on OKC

The Cavs got insanely lucky that Mobley fell to three.  He's the glue that makes their team work, and he and Allen are putting on a defensive clinic.

On 11/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, Relic said:

well, that's awesome if it works. im in europe but ill try to test it out today. cheers!

In case you haven't tested it out yet, you'd need a US IP address. It's region locked. Works fine through VPN to US, doesn't work through UK or Czech.

Those Cunningham stats don't include tonight's game where he was 6 for 17 and 3 for 7 from 3.  Which...still sucks but will boost his percentages significantly.  Anyway I think "redrafting" after a handful of games is very silly.

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Harden is going to have to learn to play real basketball again.  Without the weird officiating, he is not a top 75 player.

You're going to hard at this. I think it's pretty clear something is physically limiting him. He has no explosion whatsoever. 

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You're going to hard at this. I think it's pretty clear something is physically limiting him. He has no explosion whatsoever. 

It may also partially be that he needs to relearn how to play, as all the bullshit tactics he used to be successful in the past no longer get a whistle, and in fact sometimes get a whistle on him.  

Trae Young has been pretty bad so far this year too and I suspect it may be for similar reasons.  He’s not getting to the line nearly as much as he used to and his three point percentage is way down, possibly because he can’t jump into people and get a bailout whistle anymore.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

It may also partially be that he needs to relearn how to play, as all the bullshit tactics he used to be successful in the past no longer get a whistle, and in fact sometimes get a whistle on him.  

Trae Young has been pretty bad so far this year too and I suspect it may be for similar reasons.  He’s not getting to the line nearly as much as he used to and his three point percentage is way down, possibly because he can’t jump into people and get a bailout whistle anymore.

I don't think Trae Young has been fantastic ever. 

And while Harden did pioneer and maximise those and does probably need to adapt to the new rules, I think people are making too much of it. Harden also heavily utilised a step back to gain separation and get a clean shot. Or that he was also lauded for his ability to completely stop and reach max acceleration. The way some people are reacting, it's as if free throws was everything he had.

Besides, players like KD hasn't been shy with using those same tactics but are not struggling. Don't know enough about Lillard, but he hasn't gotten the same treatment despite also struggling.

20 minutes ago, briantw said:

That's also true, that he needs to adjust to the new rules, but again, just look at him. He's unusually slow and he's lumbering around the court. Something is off.

Count me as another who didn't think much of Young. The rule changes in the long run will hurt him more than Harden.

47 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That's also true, that he needs to adjust to the new rules, but again, just look at him. He's unusually slow and he's lumbering around the court. Something is off.

Count me as another who didn't think much of Young. The rule changes in the long run will hurt him more than Harden.

Yeah, the rule changes definitely hurt Young a lot more, as jumping into guys to draw three shots was such a huge part of his game.

56 minutes ago, briantw said:

Yeah, the rule changes definitely hurt Young a lot more, as jumping into guys to draw three shots was such a huge part of his game.

We'll also have to wait and see if the way they're calling things in the paint continues. Smaller players appear to be having a really hard time attacking the rim because the refs are allowing so much contact down there.

15 hours ago, DMC said:

Those Cunningham stats don't include tonight's game where he was 6 for 17 and 3 for 7 from 3.  Which...still sucks but will boost his percentages significantly.  Anyway I think "redrafting" after a handful of games is very silly.

Lmfao, agreed it's beyond silly. 

Trust me no-one in Motown is panicked at Cade's anemic shooting stats out of the gate.

As Durant mentioned he's coming off injury and little known fact, as of last night's Nets game, Cade had not even been able to go through a single practice with his Piston teammates.

The shots will start falling and script will flip.

Durant knows-

Zero buyers remorse on drafting Cade first, let's look at these stat lines around midseason.

Pistons next game is in 4 days against the Rockets and for the first time Cade will have had the chance to have practiced with his new teammates and there will be no ankle, rust, or familiarity excuses to brush aside poor stats.

It will be Cades 5 game and his first after practices with the first unit.

I suspect Cades stat line will be much improved and the youngsters will notch a much needed W.

On 11/6/2021 at 2:45 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

I suspect Cades stat line will be much improved and the youngsters will notch a much needed W.

Well yeah but that's cuz they're playing the Rockets.  :P

On 11/6/2021 at 5:59 PM, DMC said:

Well yeah but that's cuz they're playing the Rockets.  :P

Avoiding the serious topics until the forum is back up and running fully, the Rockets are taking the Nugs to the wire despite Green also looking pedestrian to start off the season. 

Archived