Is the forum pro dany or anti dany

Daenerysthegreat

'The forum' is not a homogeneous entity, but consists of many different users with different views. Some of them love Daenerys, some of them hate her, some look more favourably on her, others more critically, and there are also the ones who consider some of her actions right and some of them wrong. If you start a thread claiming she is the best, you will usually attract users who strongly disagree, if you start a thread claiming she is the worst, it's the same. So if you look for a community that's got nothing but praise for Daenerys, you have come to the wrong place. ;-)

1 hour ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

I went through some past years topics. The dany hate was most prominent in 2011 after that it gradually started decreasing. 

Can anyone tell me what is the condition now? Is dany still loved by the forum or hated? 

The show opened the series to a wider audience.  Pre-2011, you had a small, but very loud few who made their opinions known.  The popularity of the show brought more people to read the books.  Increase the size of the fan base and more normal, mature, mainstream people start joining the discussions.  As for me, I am very Pro-Dany.  She's my favorite character.

2 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

The show opened the series to a wider audience.  Pre-2011, you had a small, but very loud few who made their opinions known.  The popularity of the show brought more people to read the books.  Increase the size of the fan base and more normal, mature, mainstream people start joining the discussions.  As for me, I am very Pro-Dany.  She's my favorite character.

I agree. When I read the 2011 threads I saw that majority of people were devout over zealot fans. Nowadays you can find normal relaxed people here. 

Dunno about the forum.  My own view is that the Dany haters have a point.  She is at least a very flawed character.  I don't consider myself a hater, though.  I expect things to ultimately work out for her, though it will require for her a change of heart and a change of direction,  One of those "heart at war with itself" things.  I am opposed to at least the  the more zealous of the Dany lovers.  They justify the unjustifiable for the sake of buying into a power fantasy.

Forums such as this are not one big blob of people with the same opinions. If they had the same opinions, I wouldn't be here. As for, me, I like Dany but I wouldn't go so far as to use a tag such as @Daenerysthegreat. However it's your tag, so my opinion doesn't really matter much.  

Pro-Daenerys. I have been a member for years and have seen all kinds of silly stunts by some members to push the Pro-Daenerys and the Anti-Jon people out of the forums and it doesn’t work.  We who love Daenerys have very good reasons for feeling the way we do. Those who hate Jon have very good, very valid reasons for not liking Mr. Horseface.  

I think most people like her, after all, she's one of the protagonists of the series, she's good hearted and good intentioned and at the very least an interesting character, but there's also people who dislike her for personal reasons, because they don't like her chapters that much, they think she's entitled or they think her complicit in Drogo's violence (also, the fact that she's trying to restore a colonial eugenist government doesn't help her chances).

Then there are the irrationals in both sides, there are the ones who irrationally hate her, saying such weird shit like she's as  bad as the slavers because she ended slavery violently (an argument that still angers me when I think about it) and call her a psycho, a fascist and a long etcetera. Nowadays it's more common to find people who irrationally love her tho, calling her the most beautiful woman in the world, thinking her perfect and claiming she can do no wrong, and irrationally hating anyone who opposes her, this is also usually accompanied by claiming the valiryan 'race' to be superior to any other 'race' and calling everyone that's non-valiryan (First Men specially) 'savages'.

Tho I disagree with what @The Wandering Wolf said, yes, praising Dany is the easiest way to get Irrational Dany Haters commenting on your post, but from my experience, Irrational Dany Lovers don't usually comment in posts hating on her, and don't usually acknowledge comments they perceive to be 'hating on Dany' (rational or not) but they do love reviving Dany praise posts by commenting some variation of 'I agree'.

Personally, I really like her, my favorite characters right now are probably Theon, Jaime, Sam and Brianne (yeah, I like broken men and sadsacks) but of the main five, Dany is definitely my favorite and I think she would make the best ruler, tho I don't think she'll be the one by the end.

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

Then there are the irrationals in both sides, there are the ones who irrationally hate her, saying such weird shit like she's as  bad as the slavers because she ended slavery violently (an argument that still angers me when I think about it) and call her a psycho, a fascist and a long etcetera.

While I believe and hope things will ultimately work out for Dany, nonetheless I stand with the anti-Dani crowd when they criticize Dany for her war crimes and murders.  Just say no to war crimes and murders, children.  If someone calling Dany a "fascist" makes you angry, but Dany's murders do not make you angry, you have got your priorities wrong.

Dany committed the torture-murder of 169 people (I forget the exact number) for no other crime than belonging to the wrong social class.  It is evident that no real culprit for the child-murders was ever identified, and that the number of her victims was purely symbolic.   It may have been vengeance, but it certainly was not justice.

I believe and hope that this will come back to haunt her and she will come to repent her actions.

(The identity of the actual culprit for the child murders remains unsolved, but is not hard to guess).

4 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

While I believe and hope things will ultimately work out for Dany, nonetheless I stand with the anti-Dani crowd when they criticize Dany for her war crimes and murders.  Just say no to war crimes and murders, children.  If someone calling Dany a "fascist" makes you angry, but Dany's murders do not make you angry, you have got your priorities wrong.

Dany committed the torture-murder of 169 people (I forget the exact number) for no other crime than belonging to the wrong social class.  It is evident that no real culprit for the child-murders was ever identified, and that the number of her victims was purely symbolic.   It may have been vengeance, but it certainly was not justice.

I believe and hope that this will come back to haunt her and she will come to repent her actions.

(The identity of the actual culprit for the child murders remains unsolved, but is not hard to guess).

If you’re trying to hold the characters in this tale to the Geneva Convention, every one of them is a war criminal.

I don’t believe that the Great Masters can be considered innocent of a very public and deliberate atrocity. That was a ruling class making a statement, like the Romans crucifying 6,000 along the Appian Way.   Killing them is justice by the lights of a world where modern standards of jurisprudence don’t exist.  Vengeance would be killing their children in retaliation for the slave children.

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I don’t believe that the Great Masters can be considered innocent of a very public and deliberate atrocity.  

I don't believe SeanF can be considered innocent of a very public and deliberate atrocity.  SeanF openly advocates and approves of public and deliberate attrocities and the murder of random people.  Perhaps SeanF should be strung up and left to die slowly with his bowels hanging out.  Fortunately for SeanF, I don't think he should be executed without actual evidence he committed murder.  Which is also lacking with every single one of the 169 people Dany murdered.

Killing them is just by the lights of this world.  

No.  Killing random people would be just by the lights of SeanF.  But by the lights of SeanF, it would be even more just to kill SeanF.  SeanF approves of the murder of random people, which is a far greater sin than has been shown for any of Dany's 169 victims.  Fortunately for SeanF, some of us are better than that.

Vengeance would be killing their children.

Vengeance, and justice, would probably be killing Daario, whose Stormcrows rode ahead of Dany's army.  You know, the guy who was caught at the scene, and covered his ass by saying he was cutting them down, rather than stringing them up.

20 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

I don't believe SeanF can be considered innocent of a very public and deliberate atrocity.  SeanF openly advocates and approves of public and deliberate attrocities and the murder of random people.  Perhaps SeanF should be strung up and left to die slowly with his bowels hanging out.  Fortunately for SeanF, I don't think he should be executed without actual evidence he committed murder.  Which is also lacking with every single one of the 169 people Dany murdered.

No.  Killing random people would be just by the lights of SeanF.  But by the lights of SeanF, it would be even more just to kill SeanF.  SeanF approves of the murder of random people, which is a far greater sin than has been shown for any of Dany's 169 victims.  Fortunately for SeanF, some of us are better than that.

Vengeance, and justice, would probably be killing Daario, whose Stormcrows rode ahead of Dany's army.  You know, the guy who was caught at the scene, and covered his ass by saying he was cutting them down, rather than stringing them up.

What atrocities are you suggesting I have committed, abetted, authorised? 

Saying that the crucifixion of children was carried by Daario is something you've pulled out of your arse. Provide chapter and verse for that assertion.

There was no random killing.  Random killing means executing men, women, children, freedmen, the lower classes, rather than, you know, the leaders of Meereen.

6 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

I think most people like her, after all, she's one of the protagonists of the series, she's good hearted and good intentioned and at the very least an interesting character, but there's also people who dislike her for personal reasons, because they don't like her chapters that much, they think she's entitled or they think her complicit in Drogo's violence (also, the fact that she's trying to restore a colonial eugenist government doesn't help her chances).

Then there are the irrationals in both sides, there are the ones who irrationally hate her, saying such weird shit like she's as  bad as the slavers because she ended slavery violently (an argument that still angers me when I think about it) and call her a psycho, a fascist and a long etcetera. Nowadays it's more common to find people who irrationally love her tho, calling her the most beautiful woman in the world, thinking her perfect and claiming she can do no wrong, and irrationally hating anyone who opposes her, this is also usually accompanied by claiming the valiryan 'race' to be superior to any other 'race' and calling everyone that's non-valiryan (First Men specially) 'savages'.

Tho I disagree with what @The Wandering Wolf said, yes, praising Dany is the easiest way to get Irrational Dany Haters commenting on your post, but from my experience, Irrational Dany Lovers don't usually comment in posts hating on her, and don't usually acknowledge comments they perceive to be 'hating on Dany' (rational or not) but they do love reviving Dany praise posts by commenting some variation of 'I agree'.

Personally, I really like her, my favorite characters right now are probably Theon, Jaime, Sam and Brianne (yeah, I like broken men and sadsacks) but of the main five, Dany is definitely my favorite and I think she would make the best ruler, tho I don't think she'll be the one by the end.

I agree with all of this. 

She's sympathetic, but flawed, like Ned, Catelyn, Sansa, Arya, Jon and Robb.   Tyrion, I think, is less sympathetic.

38 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

Ok

1) She killed 163 masters not 169, These masters were guilty of having slaves. I would have done much worse with them. 

2) Daario killing the slave children seems high level tinfoil, very high level. How did no one tell dany about it then. 

3) SeanF has got nothing to do with it. 

25 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I agree with all of this. 

She's sympathetic, but flawed, like Ned, Catelyn, Sansa, Arya, Jon and Robb.   Tyrion, I think, is less sympathetic.

I agree, they are sympathetic because we see them through favorable pov. I love catelyn because she has her pov. If not I would detest her

37 minutes ago, SeanF said:

What atrocities are you suggesting I have committed, abetted, authorised? 

None at all.  Hence, if I were to string you up and slit your bowels, it would be murder, not justice.  Just like Dany's 163 victims

You are merely guilty of saying evil things on the internet.

Saying that the crucifixion of children was carried by Daario is something you've pulled out of your arse.

I concede there is not enough evidence to convict Daario.  He was merely found at the scene.  Which isn't enough to convict.  But it is still more evidence than exists against any of the 163 men Dany murdered.

If lack of evidence does not matter in the case of the 163 masters, why should it matter for Daario?  Sellswords are as bad as slavers, if not worse.  Or maybe he should just be killed because nobody likes him.

Provide chapter and verse for that assertion.

Provide evidence that all 163 men were guilty of the child murder.  Hell, provide evidence that a single one of them of guilty of the child murders.

There was no random killing.  Random killing means executing men, women, children, freedmen, the lower classes, rather than, you know, the leaders of Meereen.

Ah, I see.  Their crime was not murder, but being members of the ruling class.  

5 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

None at all.  Hence, if I were to string you up and slit your bowels, it would be murder, not justice.  Just like Dany's 163 victims

You are merely guilty of saying evil things on the internet.

I concede there is not enough evidence to convict Daario.  He was merely found at the scene.  Which isn't enough to convict.  But it is still more evidence than exists against any of the 163 men Dany murdered.

If lack of evidence does not matter in the case of the 163 masters, why should it matter for Daario?  Sellswords are as bad as slavers, if not worse.  Or maybe he should just be killed because nobody likes him.

Provide evidence that all 163 men were guilty of the child murder.  Hell, provide evidence that a single one of them of guilty of the child murders.

Ah, I see.  Their crime was not murder, but being members of the ruling class.  

Now, you're getting it.  A ruling class, rules.  It is responsible for its crimes.

I'm not the one who is trying to exonerate a ruling class who murdered children, and who rape, torture, and enslave people for their own profit and amusment.   Look to your sins before you start calling other posters "evil."

19 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

1) She killed 163 masters not 169, These masters were guilty of having slaves. I would have done much worse with them. 

See?  You cannot even begin to defend the proposition that the 163 men were guilty of the child murders.  You want them murdered for merely being slavers.   But is Dany any better?  For all you know, some of these masters treat their underlings better than Dany treats her underlings.  The legal status of the underlings has no necessary bearing on how they are treated or how much power is held over them.

19 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

2) Daario killing the slave children seems high level tinfoil, very high level. How did no one tell dany about it then. 

The did tell her.  She knew that Daario had taken his Stormcrows and rode ahead of her army.  She knows he was found with the children, allegedly cutting them down, an explanation she accepts.  

The Stormcrows are loyal to Daario.  I don't see why they would betray her to Dany, by telling her what they were up to as they rode ahead.

GRRM says there is more to Daario than meets the eye.

Archived