Small, Worthy, Unworthy -- You Call It!

Zorral

35 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

made

picture 

perfect 

pie

:commie: 

(of course we have yet to see if it’s edible too, but I’m unspeakably happy with how it turned out in terms of appearance)

Post the picture!

Also, more importantly, what kind of pie?

Apple? I hope it was apple.

Walking along a sidewalk market, suddenly two of the vendors were hitting the trunks of the two trees along the way that flanked either side of one of the vendor's tables.  What the????? I wondered.  A crow had stolen a pair of shiny earrings from one of the vendor's table!  They were hoping, if not to get the crow to drop the card, to make it leave the vicinity.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hot take: Pie in general is vastly overrated. But then again, I don't like cakes either. 

For me too.  Even as a kid I was never a fan of pie.  I like cake, especially as a kid, but I gotta admit I can't remember the last time I ate any, including at weddings.

21 minutes ago, DMC said:

For me too.  Even as a kid I was never a fan of pie.  I like cake, especially as a kid, but I gotta admit I can't remember the last time I ate any, including at weddings.

Ugh. After going without cake for years, my stepmom guilted me into eating a slice last month.

21 minutes ago, DMC said:

Same, I can't recall ever having a desire for pie. If I had to guess >95% of the times I've had it in my life have come from either a GF or a GF's mom making it and feeling like I should at least pretend to want it. Cherry pie isn't bad, but still, I'd never seek it out on my own. Pumpkin pie is a waste of bad calories. If I'm getting sweets from the bakery, make it cinnamon rolls all day long. 

I'm not sure if I've even had five slices of cake in my life. Not big on sweets really (outside of some candy this time of year), and cake just never did anything for me. I don't think I've ever had a slice at a wedding, and I've been going to a number of them the past 5-10 years pre-pandemic. 

47 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hot take: Pie in general is vastly overrated. But then again, I don't like cakes either. 

41 minutes ago, DMC said:

I knew there was something wrong with you two.

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

make it cinnamon rolls all day long. 

I fucking loved cinnamon rolls as a kid.  And yeah, while I had a very big sweet tooth growing up, rather consciously or subconsciously I've mostly avoided them in my adult life.  Cookies and maybe some ice cream being the exception.

5 minutes ago, 1066 Larry said:

I'd say this is pretty low on that list.

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

I fucking loved cinnamon rolls as a kid.  And yeah, while I had a very big sweet tooth growing up, rather consciously or subconsciously I've mostly avoided them in my adult life.  Cookies and maybe some ice cream being the exception.

I think the reason why I like them without eating many other sweets has to do with traveling a lot as a kid. I'd fly at least a half dozen times a year, and every time my parents would take me to the Cinnabon at the MSP airport. But as an adult I rarely eat them. Maybe once every three months or so. I eat pretty clean in general and prefer to get my bad calories from pizza, whiskey and beer.

22 minutes ago, 1066 Larry said:

I'd say this is pretty low on that list.

I mean technically speaking all three of us have been engaged in criminal activities for over half of our lives, give or take. Probably a slightly larger area of concern. ;)

Archived