US Politics - Hot takes from my cold dead hands

Larry of the Lawn

22 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Local news (fox 61 WTIC) just said that there's no turkey shortage.  But prices are about double from last year.  I blame Trump and systemic racism.

Also theres a deadly parasite that will kill you if you walk bare foot in nature.  

We should probably have face masks for our feet.  

You silly goose you.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

He's just pissy because he put $10k on the over for Cruzboys-Chiefs.

I was in New Jersey this morning and probably should have hit up 8 or 9 sign up bonuses for at least a few hundred dollars each.  But I wasn't driving, so tail gate away!  and I didn't get around to installing any gambling apps even though my friends did.  Though I would have bet Dolphins and under, if I had to pick.  (I think the under came in, not that Flaccid is the best test, but the D is starting to show.)

Best offer I've gotten is a $1K "risk free" bet from fanduel.  I'll get around to it because its about +450EV, but despite my long term domination of the pick em league, I don't think I have a sharp edge on NFL sides.

Also, to bring it back to politics, 81 million Brandon voters cant be wrong.

8 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

He was walking around with an assault rifle.

As been stated many people, including protesters were already armed dude.

Let’s say tomorrow morning I decide to stand on the street outside my neighbor’s front door wielding both my pistols.

Let's say, you were in public getting a donut and your neighbor’s behind you. Does your neighbor being armed impede on your ability to buy a donut.

Pretty sure he would call the cops anyway.

Possibly, but he'd be hard pressed to claim self-defense if he say just tackled him and tried to take his gun screaming about wanting to kill him.

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

But not really? The militia group he tagged along with also said they supported BLM they just didn't like the riots. 

Many posters however have repeatedly stated they were white-supremcist because...well it fits their bias.

lol fuck off

MAGA is inherently racist, rooted in inadequacy, anger, and fear... and Rittenhouse loves him some Drumpf 

35 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

MAGA is inherently racist, rooted in inadequacy, anger, and fear... and Rittenhouse loves him some Drumpf 

Yeah liking trump—like nearly half the country did and daring to like cops were the trotted out reasons for why he’s a white-supremacist when the story broke. I thought the idea of “he likes cops/is cop therefore racist” could only exist as straw man position.

You got to be kidding me. Fine, Mods.

---

Most people who trot out confirmation bias generally understand that they too, can suffer from it.

You don't support BLM with an AR like the worst kind of scab; you don't pose with Proud Boys and flash the fasc ok. This is rehab, that's all.   

7 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

No one gets hit in this video [still fucking scary, my heart was in my throat watching the little kid] but kinda puts paid to an elderly driver or whathaveyou. Maybe someone running from the police? 

Christ.

edited to say: i do not follow that guy, was the first video i'd seen that wasn't horrific

Yes, the news I saw is suggesting that the driver was fleeing from the scene of another crime when they hit the parade

12 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Yes, the news I saw is suggesting that the driver was fleeing from the scene of another crime when they hit the parade

I had to stop watching the news coverage. Was making me ill.

This incident again shows that terrorists don't need to flag themselves to authorities trying to get illegal shit if they want to cause chaos. Nothing more lethal than a car and a crowd. 

I'm not watching the video. Don't need that shit on a Monday morning. 

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Sure it can; for example in the case of doing a bit of security for them like protecting a leader.

'Scab,' 'crossing the line'... seems pretty straight forward but maybe my language choice isn't opaque enough.

If you're for BLM, you're supporting them, in body, in spirit, or donation-- not sporting an AR to ostensibly pRoTeCt PrOpErTy. 

Archived