Winds of June- Not a Blog Post

TyrionsFlagon

30 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

There’s a rumor on the internet that Winds will come out November 13, 2023. I have no idea where it came from, but it would be funny if it was right. Then again, we’ve been predicting a release date for years now. 

As far as similar fantasy books go, I’ve heard that The Dragonbone Chair is very similar to ASOIAF, and George has cited it as inspiration. I’m surprised none of the streaming networks have scooped it up yet to fill the GOT void. 

Probably, but I'm sick of waiting another year. 

2021 was suppose to be when he finished the important stuff. 

12 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

There’s a rumor on the internet that Winds will come out November 13, 2023. I have no idea where it came from, but it would be funny if it was right. Then again, we’ve been predicting a release date for years now.

Oh I didn't know that someone had nailed it down to an actual date.  I can never give that sort of thing any weight.  There is no way to know something that specific.  That's not what InDeepGeek said though. 

Sure, I know we've all been saying next year - for the past 11 years.  At some point, that will be true.  :D

It was hard to be upbeat about it after the last few blog posts.  I did feel more positive about it after the last blog post.

There's always "another year" and GRRM never fails to let us down. Still helped create Elden Ring and I'm currently having a blast with that game, so I'm grateful for that.

I've stopped having expectations about a release date, so I can't be disappointed.  What I have found are some podcasts that are fun and entertaining and they never run out of things to talk about.

On 5/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

It's almost like predicting the apocalypse at this point. All the signs point to this date and when it comes and goes, oh well we got it wrong it's really this date! 

On 5/4/2022 at 12:24 AM, Lord Lannister said:

It's almost like predicting the apocalypse at this point. All the signs point to this date and when it comes and goes, oh well we got it wrong it's really this date! 

Almost 1 out of every 3 Americans think the Apocalypse will happen in their lifetime. Granted, America is weird about religion, but can we safely say that 1/3 of American readers are that, er, optimistic about Winds coming out in their lifetime?

On 5/2/2022 at 5:47 AM, LynnS said:

Well he said as much in his last blog post.  There will be some kind of definitive conclusion but this is not a story that will ever stop growing in GRRM's mind.  Honestly, I wouldn't want it to end once the main story is resolved..  That leaves us with a lot of untold tales.

He has said that he will end it at seven books and so far I don't think he has any plans to go beyond that.

On 5/2/2022 at 6:54 AM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

He did that when he was writing Dance, and it didn't work out very well. A lot of people got frustrated when he blew deadlines, which is why he had a more silent approach with Winds.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:43 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

The problem is, the percentage done will then decrease when he inevitably tosses half a dozen chapters and starts re-writing them.

Those are valid concerns.

On 5/1/2022 at 7:49 PM, sifth said:

I'm rather worried the final two books are going to be like the Rise of Skywalker, where things are going to be so fast paced, we'll be rushing to the end. I mean Dany is still not in Westeros yet, we have next to no plot involving the Others and we now have a new plot about Faegon trying to take over the country, to deal with. There just seems like too much stuff to properly pace.

The problem isn't the fAegon plot. That can done all in one book.

The bigger issue lies with Dany and the Others and both of those plots should take up almost two books....but it seems like it might have to all happen within one.

Which makes it very likely for A Dream of Spring to be both rushed and bloated.

It's not unheard of for the final book or installment in a long series to not be the best. For example, I was not a big fan of the last Harry Potter book.

It wasn't until the movies came out that it became clear to me that the problem with my problems with the last Harry Potter book lies in the second half...or rather the final third.

Archived