The Starks deserved to fall.

29 minutes ago, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

Those Stark imbeciles absolutely deserved to fall.  I understand the Starks are not all that smart.  Robb, Jon, and Sansa in particular are mentally challenged.  But their mistakes over the past two decades was more than any family's.  

Yes, on Robb and Jon not understanding where power comes from.  No use talking about Robb.  He's taking a permanent dirt nap with Greywind.  Jon assumed he could get away with whatever he wanted to do.  Jon's bad mistakes will become the most consequential for the people of Westeros because they weakened the watch's ability to defend the wall.  

Can y’all stop with this tired ass narrative that Jon somehow destroyed or weakened the Watch. He didn’t. In fact he was preparing the Watch to face the threat it was always meant for. And Marsh and co killed him for it because they bigoted morons who think the wildlings were the threat or that the psycho lord of the north threatening to slaughter them all based on unsubstantiated accusations wasn’t a threat to the Watch. Ramsay marching on the Watch is 100% believable and needed to be answered. 

I really hope all you saying this horse shit are troll, because if not I question if we even read the same story.

9 hours ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

Can y’all stop with this tired ass narrative that Jon somehow destroyed or weakened the Watch. He didn’t. In fact he was preparing the Watch to face the threat it was always meant for. And Marsh and co killed him for it because they bigoted morons who think the wildlings were the threat or that the psycho lord of the north threatening to slaughter them all based on unsubstantiated accusations wasn’t a threat to the Watch. Ramsay marching on the Watch is 100% believable and needed to be answered. 

I really hope all you saying this horse shit are troll, because if not I question if we even read the same story.

Perhaps there are pirated versions of the books with different storylines.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:50 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The Starks fell and they fell hard.  They lost both parents, their lands, their castle, and their reputation.  The Starks deserved their fall.  Here are some of the reasons:

1. The Starks have never understood the pillars of power.  Ned should have negotiated with Lord Tywin instead of sending an inadequate force to arrest the mountain and name Tywin a criminal.  Robb and Jon also do not have an understanding of power.  Robb betrayed his allies.  Jon was inept at communication and he used his command position to enact revenge on a powerful member of the night's watch.
  2. The Starks are unsophisticated.  In the north, they have always ruled by the threat of force.  In the south, they could not do that.  They had to depend on making alliances with politicians like Petyr Baelish and Lord Varys.  It seems to me, Ned considered this an inconvenience.  But that is politics.  The Starks are blunt, unsophisticated, and do not have the skills to navigate politics.  They lacked in the social skills.
  3. Robb Stark chose to take the main forces of the north and march them south in rebellion.  Keep in mind, this is the second time the Starks have pulled the north into rebellion.  Both instances over a family matter.  If the Starks were so loved they would not have had to threaten GreatJon.  Roose and Barbrey went along because they had no choice.  Lord Walder had to be negotiated before they would support the Starks.  The one man who went willingly was Karstark, and look how the Starks rewarded him.
  4. The Starks put family first.  Catelyn's behavior reflects this.  She kidnaps Tyrion without proof.  She knew what the Lannisters were like.  She knew the consequences to the lives of many and she did it anyway.  All of that bother for one little boy.  She wanted justice for Bran and caused thousands of her own people at the Riverlands to lose their villages, lives, and crops when Tywin retaliated.  Jon Snow betrayed the Night's Watch, for one little girl!  He chose to endanger the only thing standing between the realm and the White Walkers just for the sake of one little sister.  Arya is on a murdering streak to kill everybody who has stood against her family.  She is killing innocents like the insurance man and Dareon on the side to achieve her goals.  Catelyn betrays the men supporting their rebellion when she released their main bargaining chip, Jaime Lannister, for the sake of getting back her daughter. 

There are many more reason why the Starks deserved to fall.  I am counting on you to build the list.  Thanks

The Starks deserved to fall.  

On 1/17/2023 at 10:48 AM, Nevets said:

That the Starks have made errors of judgement and other mistakes I will readily admit.  In that they are in good company.  Everybody has made mistakes, some even worse than anything the Starks could have even contemplated.

The Starks' mistakes are nowhere near egregious enough to warrant the horrors that have been bestowed upon them.  Unlike, say, a certain family that conspired to wantonly violate one of the most sacred principles in Westeros.  That family has managed to anger practically everybody in Westeros and made more enemies than they can handle.  They are headed for a fall, and will deserve every bit of it.

The Starks deserve their downfall more than the Freys.  

1 minute ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

So you are Sedai today? Not Lord of the Crossing or Rondo?

I think it’s much worse than 1 individual w/ a bunch of sock puppet accounts, I think it’s several individuals who actually share these… opinions. A much scarier thought if you ask me. 

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

I think it’s much worse than 1 individual w/ a bunch of sock puppet accounts, I think it’s several individuals who actually share these… opinions. A much scarier thought if you ask me. 

I bet they think the show is a faithful and good adaptation. I bet they think seasons 6-8 are the best of the series. Better than the books.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think the phrasing and flow of writing is too similar for it to be multiple people. Fair enough if they all shared the same opinion, but the way it's phrased is the same each time. The way the posts read is the same each time.

1 minute ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

It’s just a suspicion. Same nonsense opinion, usually worded the same way. Can’t really prove it.

Look, you can ask the mods to look into it, they are available for us.  Most of the time one doesn't hear from the mods if a report is made as they work in the background.

15 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Look, you can ask the mods to look into it, they are available for us.  Most of the time one doesn't hear from the mods if a report is made as they work in the background.

Out of interest, how does one contact the mods? PM or email? I read how to do it a while ago but I can't remember.

Archived