Most Evil Families in the series

On 4/14/2023 at 12:02 AM, Craving Peaches said:

Name one Stark aside from Theon Stark who is actually bad

Wait, why does Theon Stark, defender of the North against Andal and Ironborn invaders, count as an "actually bad" Stark? Does he have anything against him?

Well as Sedai demonstrated, some people consider being a Stark bad enough in and of itself, but I'm not that extreme.

7 hours ago, SaffronLady said:

Wait, why does Theon Stark, defender of the North against Andal and Ironborn invaders, count as an "actually bad" Stark? Does he have anything against him?

He's the 'worst' Stark I could find since he massacred Andal villages in Essos, who likely weren't part of the Andals attacking the North, in retaliation for the attacks on the North.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

in retaliation for the attacks on the North

Truly the Starks are evil, lol, they dare retaliate against the invaders' own people. (just kidding

Some of the criticisms against Robb Stark and Jon Snow fall along these lines. Perfectly normal pseudo-medieval behavior put under a microscope of modern morals.

2 minutes ago, SaffronLady said:

Perfectly normal pseudo-medieval behavior put under a microscope of modern morals.

I mean I don't mind judging characters with modern morals in terms of analysis as long as it is consistent for all characters. You see people judging characters they don't like using modern standards but judge their favourites with In-Universe morals.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

I mean I don't mind judging characters with modern morals in terms of analysis as long as it is consistent for all characters. You see people judging characters they don't like using modern standards but judge their favourites with In-Universe morals.

Double standards are as frustrating in fictional worlds as they are IRL. I get you.

On 3/27/2023 at 1:57 PM, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

1. House Targaryen- while we can debate their history since Aegon’s Conquest, they were a part of the Valyrian Freehold upper class. Meaning they were almost certainly complicit in every atrocity they committed. From blood magic, slavery, genocide, and were eugenicists.

2. House Hoare- called the “Black-line” or “Black Blood” they are everything wrong with Ironborn culture 

3. House Greyjoy/Drumm/Any Iron Islands family of Kings- simply put, they were like the Hoares but less successful.

4. House Bolton- Literally skinning people alive and wearing their skin. What else needs be said

5. House Yronwood- Known for their cruelty and how they torture people.

I would put House Stark at the top of any list of "Most Evil Families" and "Most Vile Familes."  The Starks slaughtered families during their war for control of the north.  They were guilty of mass human sacrifices to fertilize the Weirwood trees.  They were murdering the Children of the Forest and taking their lands.  I think we will soon learn that Brandon the Builder was actually an evil creature.  The Starks commit the most heinous form of slavery, skinchanging.  Now Bran has the greensight and it will only be a matter of time before he uses that power for evil. 

House Greyjoy would come next but only because House Hoare is gone.  The Baratheons were pains in the asses.  The Manderlys are cannibals.  The Lannisters swindled their way into Casterly. 

Most Evil Families

1.  House Stark

2.  House Greyjoy

3.  House Baratheon

4.  House Manderly

5.  House Lannister

6 minutes ago, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

I would put House Stark at the top of any list of "Most Evil Families" and "Most Vile Familes."  The Starks slaughtered families during their war for control of the north.  They were guilty of mass human sacrifices to fertilize the Weirwood trees.  They were murdering the Children of the Forest and taking their lands.  I think we will soon learn that Brandon the Builder was actually an evil creature.  The Starks commit the most heinous form of slavery, skinchanging.  Now Bran has the greensight and it will only be a matter of time before he uses that power for evil. 

House Greyjoy would come next but only because House Hoare is gone.  The Baratheons were pains in the asses.  The Manderlys are cannibals.  The Lannisters swindled their way into Casterly. 

Most Evil Families

1.  House Stark

2.  House Greyjoy

3.  House Baratheon

4.  House Manderly

5.  House Lannister

Wow, how and when did house Greyjoy ruffled the scales of the TargAryans to rank above Lannister and Baratheon both?

2 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Wow, how and when did house Greyjoy ruffled the scales of the TargAryans to rank above Lannister and Baratheon both?

According to this guy, surely due to Theon having been a ward of the Starks and Asha having wanted to ally with northmen as part of her plans. 

16 hours ago, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

Most Evil Families

1.  House Stark

2.  House Greyjoy

3.  House Baratheon

4.  House Manderly

5.  House Lannister

yes on 1, 2, 4, 5.  #3  Bolton

16 hours ago, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

Most Evil Families

1.  House Stark

2.  House Greyjoy

3.  House Baratheon

4.  House Manderly

5.  House Lannister

Surely by that definition all houses in control are evil as they have all beaten down the other houses for control of their regions (minus tully and tyrell )

On 6/24/2023 at 12:48 PM, csuszka1948 said:

Daenerys, crucifier of innocent Meereenese and butcher of Astapor. Jon Targaryen, an oathbreaker and betrayer. Rhaegar, rapist and breaker of marriage vows. Aerys, sadist. Aegon and Rhaenys, mad by association, by having Targaryen (not respecting laws of gods and men) and Martell (breaking of guest right) blood.

Aegon, the savior of the small folk, the hero who United Westeros and got rid of Harren.   Visenya, a Targaryen heroine who convinced the stubborn, arrogant Arryns to submit and helped give the terrorists called militant faith a good beating. Daenerys, the heroine who rescued and liberated the Unsullied from their evil masters. The heroine who brought the magnificent dragons back to life. She is Azor Ahai. The one who will hopefully roast evil Bran Stark down into a smoking nugget.  

23 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Aegon, the savior of the small folk, the hero who United Westeros and got rid of Harren.   Visenya, a Targaryen heroine who convinced the stubborn, arrogant Arryns to submit and helped give the terrorists called militant faith a good beating. Daenerys, the heroine who rescued and liberated the Unsullied from their evil masters. The heroine who brought the magnificent dragons back to life. She is Azor Ahai. The one who will hopefully roast evil Bran Stark down into a smoking nugget.  

What insane alternate universe do you live in? 

8 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

You are somewhat right about Dany (she brought the dragons back to life, liberated slaves and is probably Azor Ahai), but you might be a Targaryen fangirl based on the rest? Bran Stark will be King of Westeros by the end of the series. 

On 6/27/2023 at 8:20 PM, csuszka1948 said:

You are somewhat right about Dany (she brought the dragons back to life, liberated slaves and is probably Azor Ahai), but you might be a Targaryen fangirl based on the rest? Bran Stark will be King of Westeros by the end of the series. 

Let’s be exact, I am a fan of Daenerys.  The Targaryens are my favorite family.

The only way Bran becomes king is if the people are all dead and the wights and the Others control Westeros. It can happen. The Others will reward him for exterminating the humans.