Lefty Internal Politics: How to Talk About This Stuff?

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

‘Jews control the world’ is also a left wing conspiracy, so I get why you posted it in this thread.

I meant this for the social media thread.
I do think it odd you feel the need to reorient any bad showing of the far right to a conversation for why the left is bad

3 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Lmao. Hey, there WERE Jewish Nazis, ergo it was equally supported by everyone!

Quite bizarre that one feels the need to consistently chirp in defense of Nazis and the indefensible. I'm not sure how one can ever pretend to feel the moral high ground in any argument after doing shit like this.

17 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I meant this for the social media thread.
I do think it odd you feel the need to reorient any bad showing of the far right to a conversation for why the left is bad

Really was trying to figure out what your reasoning for posting it in the Left Wing thread was, so I gave you an out to cover your mistake. You are right though, the far left do have some insane beliefs as well.

15 hours ago, Week said:

Quite bizarre that one feels the need to consistently chirp in defense of Nazis and the indefensible. I'm not sure how one can ever pretend to feel the moral high ground in any argument after doing shit like this.

Maybe Perhaps not bizarre—if one feels a sense of unity towards the far right they may instinctively, viscerally try to defend them or attack it’s detractors as not perfect and thus not allowed to criticize (I find moral relativism more common the farther you go on the right oddly enough)  even in the worst circumstance.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

25 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Really was trying to figure out what your reasoning for posting it in the Left Wing thread was, so I gave you an out to cover your mistake.

I posted something I meant for another thread.

Hey I’m only human lol.  

25 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

You are right though, the far left do have some insane beliefs as well.

Hey so what left wing pundits  are getting shouted out by Bezos and mainstream democratic  congressmen and  are apart of a large left wing  media establishment while doing Twitter polls on if Jews control the world? 

I am right—you do feel the instinct to immediately turn any bad showing of the far right into a discussion on the immorality of the left

48 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I am right—you do feel the instinct to immediately turn any bad showing of the far right into a discussion on the immorality of the left

I’m trying to stay on topic in a conversation about the left, I’m helping you out mate. Unless of course you don’t believe that ‘Jews control all institutions’ is a conspiracy theory equally, if not more felt on the far left? 

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I’m trying to stay on topic in a conversation about the left, I’m helping you out mate. Unless of course you don’t believe that ‘Jews control all institutions’ is a conspiracy theory equally, if not more felt on the far left? 

If someone posts something here about shitty behavior on the right, the thread topic in no way, under any circumstances, requires you to "help out" by both sides-ing it and saying the left does the same, particularly when it's not true.  

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I’m trying to

no.

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I’m helping you out mate. Unless of course you don’t believe that ‘Jews control all institutions’ is a conspiracy theory equally, if not more felt on the far left? 

Objectively, actually contemporaneously  no

Some examples to ponder; Where do you see Nick Fuentes popping up?
Why do you think white nationalists call themselves the dissident or alt-right?

You posit at least an equivalency of anti-semitism for the left despite Nazis increasingly being flirted with by even  mainstream right-wing parties. Justify that.

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

no.

Objectively, actually no.

Some examples to ponder; Where do you see Nick Fuentes popping up?
Why do you think white nationalists call themselves the dissident or alt-right.

You posit at least an equivalency. Justify that.

Why do you think the British Labour Party has such a problem with far left anti semitism, it’s because ‘Jews control the world’ is an unsaid but widely held belief on the left. 

34 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Why do you think the British Labour Party has such a problem with far left anti semitism,

From what I understand the accusations  surrounding Labour isn’t backed up by solid evidence and more a political tool.

Allegations of antisemitism in the Labour Party of the United Kingdom (UK) have been made since Jeremy Corbyn was elected as leader of the party in September 2015. After comments by Naz Shah in 2014 and Ken Livingstone in 2016 resulted in their suspension from membership pending investigation, Corbyn established the Chakrabarti Inquiry, which concluded that the party was not "overrun by anti-Semitism or other forms of racism", although there was an "occasionally toxic atmosphere" and "clear evidence of ignorant attitudes".[1][2] The Home Affairs Select Committee of Parliament held an inquiry into antisemitism in the UK in the same year and found "no reliable, empirical evidence to support the notion that there is a higher prevalence of antisemitic attitudes within the Labour Party than any other political party", though the leadership's lack of action "risks lending force to allegations that elements of the Labour movement are institutionally antisemitic".[3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_in_the_UK_Labour_Party
Though I’m open to new information and calm, rational debate with good faith interlocutors..

34 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

it’s because ‘Jews control the world’ is an unsaid but widely held belief on the left. 

Ohh a little sleight of hand—you went from claiming anti-semitiic beliefs are common to far left to outright claiming it’ widely held belief to the left in general. 

Anyway why do you think the Republican Party kept shooting statements of support for Kanye after he said “I’m going deathcon on Jews” and started hanging out with open Nazis?

if we go country by country on where Nazis and people who hold their beliefs in regard to Jews feel most comfortable are you seriously going to pretend they’re more likely to not proliferate with the far right or equally spread out?

Added question lol

32 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

If someone posts something here about shitty behavior on the right, the thread topic in no way, under any circumstances, requires you to "help out" by both sides-ing it and saying the left does the same, particularly when it's not true.  

Oh fuck I just realized I didn’t even mention ‘the right’  or left in original post with the tweet. Just showed a fascist doing a fascism openly on the bird app. The person still got really defensive and whatbouting about the left

2 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

From what I understand the accusations  surrounding Labour isn’t backed up by solid evidence and more a political tool.

Yeah that’s not really the case at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54731222.amp

The watchdog said its analysis "points to a culture within the party which, at best, did not do enough to prevent anti-Semitism and, at worst, could be seen to accept it". 

The interim chair of the EHRC, Caroline Waters, released a statement alongside the report, saying the investigation had "highlighted multiple areas" where the party's "approach and leadership to tackling anti-Semitism was insufficient".

Labour was absolutely not cleared of being antisemitic by the report. While the Tories have loved making the most of Labour and Corbyns Antisemitism, that doesn’t mean it’s made up either. It might take a slightly different form to far right versions but it’s there and it tangles up with conspiracy theories.

9 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Yeah that’s not really the case at all.

Unfortunately what you’ve cited doesn’t demonstrate special propensity of anti-Semitism to proliferate in lavbor.

While the Tories have loved making the most of Labour and Corbyns Antisemitism, that doesn’t mean it’s made up either.

It’s been grossly hyperbolized.

It might take a slightly different form to far right versions but it’s there and it tangles up with conspiracy theories.

So any actual response to the republicans signal boosting after he said he was going death con on Jews and hanging out with Nick Fuentes?

On 7/7/2023 at 8:26 AM, James Arryn said:

It’s always been the same, lip service to the cause, opposition to anything that furthers the cause that in any way affects them or makes them uncomfortable when they’d rather be comfortable

I posted before but I’ll do so again;

At best I think this level of policing   is due ignorance—at worst maliciousness from people who’d like a movement to stalk or fail but think it’s more tactical to get people who may be apart or sympathetic to a movement to attack activists in it.