US politics - wheeling and dealing, avoiding debt ceiling

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

For Trump, it's not a lie if you believe it. :P But the odds of Melania coming to "visit" him should be set very low.

Isn't this where she 'takes the money and runs?' (Without bothering with such trivial details as to whether she actually has a legal right to said money)

50 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Isn't this where she 'takes the money and runs?' (Without bothering with such trivial details as to whether she actually has a legal right to said money)

I still question how much money there really is, especially after a divorce and the protracted legal battle. 

36 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Isn’t it crazy that Fox News settled a defamation lawsuit with Dominion for $800 million only a few months ago and it’s completely fallen down the memory hole?

I remind the far-right trolls infesting my Facebook of this fairly often. About half seem utterly unaware there was a settlement of any sort.

43 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Isn’t it crazy that Fox News settled a defamation lawsuit with Dominion for $800 million only a few months ago and it’s completely fallen down the memory hole?

They’re like, “that’s some old shit. What do you want to do today?” You’re like, “how about you keep trying “to solve that murder, man?

“That shit happened on Monday. It’s Wednesday. We’re not gonna solve that shit.”

Edited by James Arryn

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still question how much money there really is, especially after a divorce and the protracted legal battle. 

Oh you silly, goose.

4 hours ago, DMC said:

It's also public record Trump had Marla Maples sign a prenup.  Safe to assume he did for Melania as well.

Yep. That's the point. Altho,, the hypotheticals are fun. 

Melania and the orange doofus in divorce court. Their lawyers arguing which valuation of the real estate assets is correct. Melania's lawyers will obviously be arguing that the inflated ones for his investors is correct. But would which number would his lawyers pick. I assume, he would settle at that point the latest.

Anyway, the prenup and the legit question of how much money there actually is, have inspired her online businesses, those silly NFT auctions (is she still trying to sell those?), and no, I mean actually hers, not those even sillier cowboy, native american construction worker, copper and sailor Trump shizzle. And her selling off other memorabilia. But I suspect, with him fleecing all those gullibe Re...publicans, there's probably quite a bit of cash now. 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Oh you silly, goose.

Yep. That's the point. Altho,, the hypotheticals are fun. 

Melania and the orange doofus in divorce court. Their lawyers arguing which valuation of the real estate assets is correct. Melania's lawyers will obviously be arguing that the inflated ones for his investors is correct. But would which number would his lawyers pick. I assume, he would settle at that point the latest.

Anyway, the prenup and the legit question of how much money there actually is, have inspired her online businesses, those silly NFT auctions (is she still trying to sell those?), and no, I mean actually hers, not those even sillier cowboy, native american construction worker, copper and sailor Trump shizzle. And her selling off other memorabilia. But I suspect, with him fleecing all those gullibe Re...publicans, there's probably quite a bit of cash now. 

I was thinking more along the lines of all that campaign money, just begging to be siphoned off. 

24 minutes ago, DMC said:

I suppose you could argue you're entitled to campaign contributions in divorce court, but you're not going to get very far.

DMC....who said anything about 'divorce court?' I am talking straight out theft. Remember that fiasco when the R's put Senator Scott (the great Medicaid/Medicare swindler) in charge of their finances and a giant pile of campaign cash allegedly went missing? I am thinking of something like that, only...grander? Given the graft and deliberately sloppy accounting...