Diablo 4

Relic

Just now, RumHam said:

If you ever want to team up for helltide, nightmare dungeons or whatever just let me know. 

I'm playing the sorcerer right now and it's like "oh shit I can't just put the controller down mid-battle to make a post anymore." I miss my minions. 

Will.

I know I'm being a solo bitch, but my play time is so often interrupted right now for some reason, compared to usual.

3 hours ago, JGP said:

The progress had slowed considerably after I stepped up to TIV, but getting better with gear, Aspect, and Build upgrades.

Still focused on Bleeds. Even discounting all my Bleed adds, Rend's dot itself is just shy of 11k over 5 secs [Aspect mods-  Stunning a Bleeding enemy inflicts 32% of their total Bleed dmg as Physical; Direct dmg has as 32% chance to stun a Bleeding enemy; 50% chance to Stun with Deathblow;] and my Thorns when Berserking are over 5k now, so my 76% for Thorns to also hit everyone surrounding me when it procs turns my melee area into a fractal Thorns blender. Little rougher single target but not much, honestly [though Bosses and Elites absolutely melt when there's adds]

Starting to really chew TIV, but my resists currently remain bit out of whack for this tier. Working on it.

edit: rather than extend all the Bleeds stack btw, including further applications of Rend

Once I get my hands on these Uniques, that'll prolly be gg.

Overkill [+ Deathblow ranks and AOE cone dmg for X% DB direct dmg]

Razorplate [gain 2k-ish Thorns, zero other affixes on the chest though]

7 hours ago, Darryk said:

@Tywin et al. You said the shapeshifting "comes later" for the druid. So at what point can you respec for a shapeshifting build?

Level 2.  Shapeshifting is fine.  Arakasi talked about werebear but my werewolf druid does damn near as much as rend barb but with poison instead of bleed.

Only level 56 in Nightmare but I just have a single unique.

Not sure if they drop more common in certain places but my one is from running the final dungeon on tier 2.

Still trying to just enjoy and not truly grind but I'm getting somewhat towards the end of pure joy, I think.

21 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Only level 56 in Nightmare but I just have a single unique.

Not sure if they drop more common in certain places but my one is from running the final dungeon on tier 2.

Still trying to just enjoy and not truly grind but I'm getting somewhat towards the end of pure joy, I think.

They drop more on tier IV. It's still very rare though. 

I'm not sure if they can drop from the hellfire chests, but anecdotally they drop most fighting the hellfire bosses/world bosses/the overseer. 

46 minutes ago, RumHam said:

They drop more on tier IV. It's still very rare though. 

I'm not sure if they can drop from the hellfire chests, but anecdotally they drop most fighting the hellfire bosses/world bosses/the overseer. 

Got five Unique drops myself so far.

Two useful for my class and build. The Frenzy ammy was underwhelming after testing. Figured I could make the Steel Grasp one work [Steel Grasp throws out 3 chains for ok dmg but pulls randos to you] the Unique adds 2 chains and a Slow, but I put it back in inventory because my Thorns aren't strong enough yet and it's probably more suited to a straight up Thorns build being honest.

43 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Noo, what? Mine has like 11k upgraded. 

Daaaaaaaaamn

Edited by JGP

3 hours ago, Relic said:

Razorplate dropped for me during Helltide, only a 6.8k one however

Poor you. :P

I want to rescind more of my takes on barbs back. They aren't that bad at low levels, you just have to lean on bleed. My issues with bosses is gone, but tbf I also have all skills and pots unlocked and found a weapon that when upgraded is giving me 130% damage spread out over everything I use. 

Spin to win, baby.

WW Barb is for scrubs :p

Biggest Deathblow I saw yesterday was 352k [could’ve been a Bleed collapse proc however, hard to tell sometimes]

Edited by JGP

Went into PVP for some tree of whispers challenges. I'm level 60 and there were multiple others there around that level. One guy at level 63 beat us all combined - repeatedly. Pretty wild how spiky his damage was. No idea what class he was but I'm guessing rogue, maybe? Wish I could see his build. It was oddly powerful.

I'm running Trampleslide with both a big barrier and earthen bulwark. He could take me from full protection to dead in, literally, 1 second.

Doing a side quest dungeon and got two Ancestral Uniques in rapid succession-- one mob, then another. 

Ramaladni's Magnum Opus and Fists of Fate, both have really good rolls. I'm not sure which Barb spec would best benefit from Opus [not mine] definitely going to try out the Fists [up to 280% dmg increase] once I figure out how to best adjust for the Aspect I'd lose off my current gloves.

Into le inventory they go for now.

edit: bet that Rogue was using Fists, @Ser Not Appearing

Edited by JGP

19 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Heh. I've always liked WW builds in the Diablos. Murder everyone, move through dudes at will, it's great. It takes a long time to get things going smoothly in D4 though. You need all the right apsects, you need specific rolls on a few slots, and you need to get quite a few paragon glyphs activated too.

WW never did it for me. Boring, bordering on thoughtless, [imo, obviously]

19 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Gear though, still disappoints. Don't get me wrong, I'm aware upgrades won't be raining from the sky, but it feels like I hit the upgrade wall at level 60, which is a bit crap.

Feels like the quality drop rates improve with your lvl depending on which tier you're in. I'm almost 77 and it's way better than when I got into TIV at 64 in that regard. All my gear is Ancestral and 72+ except for my boots which have a perfect Aspect roll that I won't swap until I can replace it.

Edited by JGP

I switched to a werebear druid with pulverise and it was great versus mobs but not vs effective vs bosses, took ages to take down Astaroth.

So I switched back to Storm Druid  and having more success. Those tornados may be meant for crowd control but they're pretty good at sucking the life out of bosses.

16 minutes ago, Darryk said:

I switched to a werebear druid with pulverise and it was great versus mobs but not vs effective vs bosses, took ages to take down Astaroth.

So I switched back to Storm Druid  and having more success. Those tornados may be meant for crowd control but they're pretty good at sucking the life out of bosses.

They become so much better when you get the item that lets you target bosses with them. 

I still really want to do the wearbear build, but I almost think I just need to make another toon. My items for tornado and pets are too good. 

As for my barb, I might beat A5 before I hit 45 at this pace. I've been skipping the side quest because they really don't offer much if you have all the late game benefits. 

I’ve been playing more single player the last few days since son was doing other stuff and got my rogue up higher than my druid. I got a max roll umbral ring however with overpower/stun/cc damage on it that I’m going to give to my druid. I need to test if on something like pulverize if it’s for each enemy hit or just one per skill use but I figure this will go a ways to helping fix my druids spirit issues. Basically as long as I can pulverize damage is good. Hopefully this helps me just pulverize more.

Edit: reading around suggests it works great for packs. Would still suck for bosses since it’s only the first time a creature is CCd but it will make most levelling much easier.

Edited by Arakasi

In anticipation of the girls parental transition later today, I decided to sneak in a Nightmare dungeon before tidying up the house. Being a good dad pays dividends on Father's day I spose-- an Ancestral Overkill dropped.

Not the best roll [far from a bad one, however] but even so it's going to add so, so much dmg. 

w00t w00t