Football: The summer of selling (out)

polishgenius

18 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

:lol:

Trossard should be starting ahead of Martinelli.

I think Trossard should be starting over Havertz and rotate with Martinelli. Can't forget how good Martinelli was last year and how much better he is when Trossard/Jesus play because of their switching.

Edited by Mexal

Our second string did a decent job against Athletic Bilbao's first choice line-up. A draw was a fair result. Maguire with two assists. Granted, one was at the wrong end of the pitch...but still. Sancho and Pellistri looked good and Álvaro Fernandez has looked very good at LB (think he could seriously challenge Malacia for that backup position).

Also glad that nobody got injured given how Athletic played. Honestly feel that La Liga is now more physical than the Premier League. Simeone has had a huge impact on La Liga - most of the teams in the league have adopted Simeone-like tactics. Not surprising then that La Liga has far more red cards than any of the other top leagues.

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Sancho and Pellistri looked good and Álvaro Fernandez has looked very good at LB (think he could seriously challenge Malacia for that backup position).

Also while I don't think he's ready for consistent first-team time either, Hannibal really showed VDB up when he replaced him, even though the team play as a whole dropped off in the second half. 

I'm starting to get really fed up of Donny's habit of expecting his team-mates to make worldy passes no matter who's on the ball but only ever picking the simplest five-yards-sideways option himself. He's like the diametric opposite of Bruno, who's extremely easy to pass to and (almost, these days) always aims for the hard one.