US Politics: Hell Yes THEY Were Trying to Overthrow the Government

Zorral

8 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Wow compromising with the culture warriors just emboldened them to do worse. I was told if they were given a bone they’d back off.

TX has just forced ending the state's Records and Archives to sever all ties with the ALA -- American Library Association.  Because the head of it is a woman, a lesbian, and get this -- They Say! -- marxist.

https://dallasexpress.com/state/breaking-tx-leaving-american-library-association/

People are leaving these states -- talk of brain drain.  A friend who is at the University of Illinois - Springfield informed me yesterday their new Dean of Library Services is a refugee from Florida.

6 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

He's been a mobster all his life, if he manages not to panic too much, he'll be fine.

Agreed with you.  With one exception -- it's going to be very difficult, even if in a white collar prison for him to deal with his diapers.  He really is incontinent from his meds and diet.  Though maybe in prison he'd be forced into a more healthy lifestyle?  Good grief, that we can even say that without sarcasm!

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

It was a terrifying few years. I personally did not relax until Trump got on that jet plane.

I still remember election night in 2016. The first time I was literally nauseous because of an election result. I didn’t sleep until 3:00 am.

15 hours ago, Zorral said:

He announced he's not going to issue the exonerating report on Monday.

Yup, right after he boards a plane to Russia. 

56 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yup, right after he boards a plane to Russia. 

Nope.  He's going to have an interview with the Tuck to sabotage the 'republican' potus nom chasers' debate.

As that Richmond song was discussed here, Seth Staton watkins made a song in response. I first found him because he has a great version of "Come Out Ye Black & Tans." Worth checking out.

My favorite comment so far:

... "Rise proletariat, and make them cower" I mean they did, a giant group of the poor, working people did rise up and try to make the government cower, it was called January 6th. I think what they did was wrong, oddly so does almost the entire left but it's hard to see why when this sort of thing is all you ever talk about.

Edited by Mindwalker

California's never had hurricanes.  This is gonna destroy so many mansions hanging over the receding hillsides, filled with terrific art and collections of other interesting / valuable / worthy things.  So many rich people . . . .

This is how surrender to the Fulton County Court will look. It won't be like what most defendants experience, as we all know already.  Mug shot will be provided, not taken, for instance.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/18/politics/fulton-county-jail-trump-surrender-civil-rights/index.html

They can even do it at 4 AM as Fulton Country "is open 24/7."

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

As that Richmond song was discussed here, Seth Staton watkins made a song in response. I first found him because he has a great version of "Come Out Ye Black & Tans." Worth checking out.

My favorite comment so far:

... "Rise proletariat, and make them cower" I mean they did, a giant group of the poor, working people did rise up and try to make the government cower, it was called January 6th. I think what they did was wrong, oddly so does almost the entire left but it's hard to see why when this sort of thing is all you ever talk about.

Keep in mind that Jan 6th was NOT poor, working class people rising up.  It was a bunch of upper middle class suburban dudes for the most part.  

9 minutes ago, Larry of the Lawn said:

Keep in mind that Jan 6th was NOT poor, working class people rising up.  It was a bunch of upper middle class suburban dudes for the most part.  

I know. Also, a couple of working class women going there with their private plane.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

California's never had hurricanes.  This is gonna destroy so many mansions hanging over the receding hillsides, filled with terrific art and collections of other interesting / valuable / worthy things.  So many rich people . . . .

Plenty of upper class, middle class, working class, poor, and unhoused people as well.  Not to mention infrastructure, agriculture and wild and domesticated animals.  The storm is also headed for Las Vegas, I have a nephew there, apparently Vegas is easily flooded.  My brother assured the fam that his son lives on high ground.  

A hurricane on the West Coast, fucking wild!

21 minutes ago, LongRider said:

middle class, working class, poor, and unhoused people as well.  Not to mention infrastructure, agriculture and wild and domesticated animals.  The storm is also headed for Las Vegas, I have a nephew there, apparently Vegas is easily flooded.  My brother assured the fam that his son lives on high ground.  

As commented to Partner earlier this evening -- "And here we All believed it would be an earthquake."  His response, "Still earthquakes."

When nature moves, it moves, and puny humans are kindling.  Still.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

As commented to Partner earlier this evening -- "And here we All believed it would be an earthquake."  His response, "Still earthquakes."

When nature moves, it moves, and puny humans are kindling.  Still.

What the singer said "California, tumbles into the sea..."*   More like, California, flooded into the sea, and then was mudslided into the sea when the earth moved.   And burned out after it dried out.     Hey Vegas, what are the odds on that?

*My Old School by Steely Dan.

51 minutes ago, LongRider said:

*My Old School by Steely Dan.

O Gods you R a Steely Dan -- Partner will welcome you with open arms into his (almost) cohort of the Most Admiring of Admirers of Steely Dan. 

I do not belong.  Ah hem.  He did his best to talking me into going to the Eagles concert here, in which SD opens.  Even though he said, "I know you won't."  :lol: 

(Not to mention covid spiking here all over the place and driving up hospitalizations.)

Edited by Zorral

Just now, LongRider said:

@Zorral I cannot lie, love me some Steely.  I complement your Partner on his taste. 

Generally his taste is impeccable.  :lol:

Mostly it's that earworming thang that drives me mad!!!! MAD I say!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Generally his taste is impeccable.  :lol:

Mostly it's that earworming thang that drives me mad!!!! MAD I say!!!!!!!

Ear worms do suck that’s true. When I get one it’s usually some horrible moldy oldie that I hated back in the day.   The torture!  Gah!

Ah you fortunate souls. For me it tends to be some cartoon opening from my childhood more often than not.

That stuff is supposed to be catchy and all. But it's kinda distracting, when you are supposed to focus on a game of chess or something.