Diablo 4 1.1.1 Exp goes brrrrr

Arakasi

So this dropped today and played it some tonight. Big exp increase since nightmare dungeons have so many more monsters. More loot too since more monsters. Stash tab is nice too.

Some nice changes as it feels like my Sorc got a big power boost.

• Sturdier
  • big damage increase on chain lightning 
  • much better mana sustain

I was able to switch my passive to the one that reduces lightning skills cooldown and it lets my unstable current stay up a lot more now. I just have to get better gear (raiments pls) and all but so far huge damage and sustain boost.

Also my horse now goes super fast. I guess I can see what I’ve been missing.

I've hit my diablo wall I think.  Probably done with it until the next season when I try another class. Went from levels 46-59 without getting more than one boot upgrade on gear and zero nightmare sigils higher than tier 1. Just kind of pointless.

4 hours ago, Slurktan said:

I've hit my diablo wall I think.  Probably done with it until the next season when I try another class. Went from levels 46-59 without getting more than one boot upgrade on gear and zero nightmare sigils higher than tier 1. Just kind of pointless.

You can craft sigils, btw

Is the orb sorc good? I've been seeing a bunch lately. That was one of my favorite D2 builds. 

My rouge is now in the 50s and I'm moving up levels. The thing absolutely destroys everything, but the downside the one hit kills are a bitch if I don't have defensive stuff running. It restricts your gear a bit, but overall hasn't been a real problem. Just can't solo everything like the barb and druid can. I gave up on my necro. Get why guides kept saying it's the best (and probably the funniest) early game toon, but it gets weak quick.

I stopped for a bit but came back and made a Barb for s1. Obviously way different than a sorc but I’m having fun with it. Focusing on Death Blow and vulnerable damage. Was gonna follow an Icy-Veins build but some things he chose I just didn’t have fun with, even if I’m sure it would’ve helped in the long run. Lvl 63 now and ready to get to T4. 

The dungeons are so much better now with all these enemies. Looking forward to shit getting crazy at the higher tiers. 

Yeah the dungeons are genuinely a lot more fun now. Tywin Wudijo has been doing videos on frozen orb sorc and it’s quite good. It does use ice shards as well for bosses but he’s done everything with it. I’m doing a hybrid chain lightning/ball lightning build where I get tons of ball lightning casts with unstable currents. Lots of fun.

I love going to a weapon vendor and accidentally buying a $750k shit weapon because the game glitches out for a second so I hit X twice. Then resell it for $20k. Awesome. Fucking second time it’s happened to me.

T4 is fun as hell right now. I’m a 65 and Helltides are wild. Got killed with 260 cinders on way to the mystery chest and kinda enjoyed it. 

I’m 77 or 78 now and it’s pretty fun. Just blasting things with unstable current being up. Just need to find me a barber I guess. Also move some aspects around. I did blow ten million tonight trying to get a better roll on a legendary. Oops.

Edited by Arakasi

42 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I love going to a weapon vendor and accidentally buying a $750k shit weapon because the game glitches out for a second so I hit X twice. Then resell it for $20k. Awesome. Fucking second time it’s happened to me.

I've never bought anything from a vendor (or gotten close to having that much gold). Is it worth it?

On 8/10/2023 at 6:15 AM, Soylent Brown said:

I'm up to level 94 now. Going to get to 100, have a look at the endgame stuff and then take a break until season 2, most likely.

The Endgame Stuff started at level 60 or so my man! You've been at it since you rounded out your Aspects! But I do hope you find a build that can take down Uber Lilith. It's too bad the most dynamic boss fights in the game are in the one-time unrepeatable Act 6 and then a singular end-game boss that doesn't actually have an objectively rewarding drop pool.

As thoroughly disappointed as I am with this Activision game, I did pop off for a bit after this patch for a few hours. Dungeons and Helltides feel appropriately monster-heavy. Every moment not blasting demons in this game is a moment lost, and I'm glad they're sorting that out. Of course a bunch of us ARPG die-hards are full of piss and vinegar, but millions of people are still enjoying the game, so I sure hope Activision (sorry, Blizzard) try a bit harder in Season 2 and on to add actual dynamic and engaging content as more casual players seep away.

I have a real mental block to this game now where it just feels like work instead of fun. Knowing that I have to do all this research to determine where to play, how to do nightmare and torment, get the renown and altars, get the various dungeons needed for certain aspects...it is remarkably harder to jump into for me than d3 was.

And the end result is that I just don't play.

I don’t quite understand. You only have to get altars once (and a map does make that easier for sure) but I don’t see why running dungeons and getting aspects need research. If you’re running around exploring and you are playing class X and see a dungeon for your class just do it. Simple enough. Yes there are dungeons that give more experience than others but they’re all quite good experience. You don’t need to minmax in that regard if you’re not trying to get to 100 first. Just do sigils that are level appropriate and don’t hose your build.

Now I can agree that making the perfect build might require research especially if you don’t feel comfortable making your own paragon board but quests and dungeons certainly don’t need it.

Edited by Arakasi