[Book Spoilers] Wheel of Time 3: Black Ajahpaloosa

SpaceChampion

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

They could put Cenn Buie out of business as roofing shingles!

I wonder if cuendillar conducts electricity, like the iron it is made from, and if so, what it will do when struck by lightning...

That said, given Cenn's response the influx of tile-roof from the Taraboner refugees (to complain to Failed), I'd imaging he'd be right back at Perrin's manor to demand a ban on cuendillar roofs, even if they were made by a Two Rivers woman. 

Edited by fionwe1987

3 hours ago, karaddin said:

Unbreakable roof tiles sound line a fine idea until the next hurricane (common in the two rivers to be sure) comes along and turns them into a massacre.

Make the whole house then. A cuendillar iglu. I wonder if cuendillar absorbs or reflects heat. Both if you make it like the AS symbol. :laugh:

4 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Make the whole house then. A cuendillar iglu. I wonder if cuendillar absorbs or reflects heat. Both if you make it like the AS symbol. :laugh:

The patches of colour are too thick, need to do cuendillar zebra striped iglu!

17 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Where is this abominable spelling of igloo coming from? Did I miss something and this is the new accepted spelling? I think Darkfriends are behind this for sure.

Sorry, sometimes the old native language breaks through like the Dark One's touch through the seals, and I forget myself.

@Gertrude btw, you brought up a point after episode 5 that the episode titles don't really jive with the major plotlines of the respective episodes. What's your take on the latest title? It makes simple to believe it has to do with Egwene's ordeal, but I think it has to do with Tel'aran'rhiod. If I recall, people in TAR always feel like they're being watched. And this would go in line with this pattern, since we spent relatively little time in TAR. 

Edited by Corvinus85

In the books the "Eye Without Pity" chapter was Book 1, and it was the one where Perrin and Egwene were being chased by the Dark One's ravens, and they sheltered under a statue of Artur Hawkwing.  

Edited by SpaceChampion

Yeah this episode should have been called "Damane". 

One thing that still concerns me: very little discussion of the Horn itself, and what it does. I dunno if non-book readers get that the Horn is pretty central to what's going to happen. Hopefully, Siuan's scenes with Moiraine and Rand help set the stage.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

@Gertrude btw, you brought up a point after episode 5 that the episode titles don't really jive with the major plotlines of the respective episodes.

Did I?

Anyway, this title seems inappropriate to me. It's possible that it was just a good chapter title and they wanted to use it somewhere as an easter egg since the scene it applied to was cut. Egwene's still in danger here, but this time the eyes without pity are Renna's cold, dead eyes.

21 minutes ago, fionwe1987 said:

Why?  The previous episode introduce the concept already.  Renna, representing the whole Seanchan system, as a representative of Hawkwing, is definitely appropriate to refer to as the Eyes Without Pity. 

40 minutes ago, fionwe1987 said:

One thing that still concerns me: very little discussion of the Horn itself, and what it does. I dunno if non-book readers get that the Horn is pretty central to what's going to happen. Hopefully, Siuan's scenes with Moiraine and Rand help set the stage.

And I'm wondering how they will handle the sul'dam-can-channel-too plotline. It's likely that Renna will find herself collared in the finale, but Egeanin hasn't been cast, so I don't know how that will work next season.

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

Why?  The previous episode introduce the concept already.  Renna, representing the whole Seanchan system, as a representative of Hawkwing, is definitely appropriate to refer to as the Eyes Without Pity. 

The concept was introduced, but only fleshed out here. The central focus of this episode is about what it means to be damane, so naming the episode after that concept seems appropriate.

And I'm wondering how they will handle the sul'dam-can-channel-too plotline. It's likely that Renna will find herself collared in the finale, but Egeanin hasn't been cast, so I don't know how that will work next season.

After the role the jug of water played in episode 6, I sure hope we get to see it play the role it did in the books, too! I'd be shocked if it doesn't.

I'm curious how they deal with Egeanin. If they want to improve on the books Seanchan storyline, making her a more important character seems the obvious route to go. 

I feel that Semirhage killing the Seanchan empress and collapsing the empire can easily be replaced with word of the sul'dam being able to channel spreading instead, and maybe they can weave Egeanin into some plot like that. 

The show would do well to change this aspect of the (later) books: allthough earlier books clearly set it up that the suldam reveal would break Seanchan society (or at least cause major upheaval), later books had Tuon just shrug it off with nothing negative happening to the Seanchan. This definitely needs to be changed in the show, if they get around to doing Tuon she must either change her mind on the Damane thing or she needs to be marked as an evil character to get her comeuppance along with the Forsaken. Even if they are thinking about the kind of spinoff series that RJ wanted to do but couldn't anymore due to his illness. Watchers of "wheel of time" will demand a form of justice on this front.

Yeah the way it ended was just dumb. Egwene has Tuon agree that any damane who wishes to can leave, in exchange for Tuon being allowed an embassy that spreads the gospel of the wonders of the a'dam, because she believes women will want the collar, once the Seanchan are given a chance to explain why it is good.

It simply doesn't fit Tuon's character that she's this deluded.