Baldur's Gate 3: Quicksave is my favourite spell

Luzifer's right hand

So I'm progressing in my evil game.

Spoiler

You should definitely get Asterion temp killed by the big boom in Crèche Y'llek if you decide to blow it up. The dialogue afterwards is hilarious.

A murder hobo that does things for the evulz might be a bit unrewarding item wise but it has been incredible amusing so far.

I'm also playing a gnome and the running animation makes me giggle.

Only Asterions anime run animation is more fun. Sadly he only does it when he is far behind and has to catch up.

Edited by Luzifer's right hand

Just started the game for the first time and encountered my first real dungeon( accessible via unlocking the main door) after the initial prologue on the ship, man these environmental traps so far cause more damage than actual enemies ! Debating on whether to play on easy mode as I’m not great at the turn based combat system and it’s quite slow for me. Loving the characters and the atmosphere already! Built a custom character - Noble paladin to get as many npc characters as possible 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

Quick question guys, I heard the dark urge has a much more impact full story than full blown custom character and some unique interesting dialogue choices, there’s only a single death that’s forced on you, rest are avoidable with dice rolls and some unique content in act 2 and 3 with DU play through especially. I’ve just done a couple of hours with a custom character,should i restart with a dark urge origin to get a better story ?

46 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Quick question guys, I heard the dark urge has a much more impact full story than full blown custom character and some unique interesting dialogue choices, there’s only a single death that’s forced on you, rest are avoidable with dice rolls and some unique content in act 2 and 3 with DU play through especially. I’ve just done a couple of hours with a custom character,should i restart with a dark urge origin to get a better story ?

I think the advice is to do the Dark urge only when you’ve finished the game with your own custom character. Personally I think that makes sense. I’m planning on doing an evil play through with Dark Urge after my good run.

I can see how you can do an evil play through and it would massively change parts of the story, so i think it’s better to start with good and try the opposite later.

16 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I think the advice is to do the Dark urge only when you’ve finished the game with your own custom character. Personally I think that makes sense. I’m planning on doing an evil play through with Dark Urge after my good run.

I can see how you can do an evil play through and it would massively change parts of the story, so i think it’s better to start with good and try the opposite later.

But ive heard you can play the DU character as a good guy resisting evil so that makes it interesting to me and people say its the most canon character as its connected to BG1, BG2 

Just now, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

But ive heard you can play the DU character as a good guy resisting evil so that makes it interesting to me and people say its the most canon character as its connected to BG1, BG2 

I think you can play it either way. Personally I think it would make more sense to do a run as your own character. I prefer the role play aspect of that. 

4 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

You absolutely can play a good DU (and I'd argue that it is more satisfying story-wise than an evil DU). However the connection to BG1 and BG2 is minimal. What it does improve are your interactions with one of the game's major antagonists.

21 minutes ago, ASOIAFrelatedusername said:

You absolutely can play a good DU (and I'd argue that it is more satisfying story-wise than an evil DU). However the connection to BG1 and BG2 is minimal. What it does improve are your interactions with one of the game's major antagonists.

That’s the idea, I just restarted my play through with a paladin, ancient oaths DU character and will play him as a good guy with a noble background(him being noble is my own head canon) lost 4-5 hours but I think it’ll be worth it :) 

The D&D/Forgotten Realms rights are with eOne, who are working with Paramount+ at the moment so do not expect anything to come of this for a while.

Apparently Patch 3 has broken doors so you can no longer fire through them, which is ludicrous. There's several insane fights in the game against large numbers of archers I only found winnable by cheesing doorways (opening doors to fire off weapons and spells and then closing the doors, forcing the enemy to rush over and open them to be able to attack).

So yeah, guess I'm waiting for them to fix that before finishing off the game. Jesus.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised at how many people in the comments got this:

Edited by Werthead

10 hours ago, Arakasi said:

Yeah Larian and bug fixing has never been their strong suit. I’m still having problems getting into this game. I guess I’ll keep waiting til they patch the broken stuff and mods for steam deck get useable.

Guess the wait to properly play the game continues. 

And, y'know, for them to restore the missing parts of Baldur's Gate.