NFL 2023: No Swifties Allowed

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Hate to see a hard fought game hinge on that call, it really put a albatross on the Jets who now are using their t.o.'s to attempt to get the ball back in time.

2minutes left here we go!

And Mahomes with the back breaker.......

Jets battled well, gotta tip your hat.

44 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

What a weak ass penalty call there

Especially when they show the replay and the Offensive lineman is clearly holding the neck of the Jets D-Lineman.  

Maybe it looked like a hold 15 yards downfield from where the ref threw the flag.  He even waited until after the interception happened to throw it.  If it wasn't intercepted, he probably would have let it go.  Total BS.

Caleb WIlliams says he'll make more money at USC than he would as a rookie in the NFL, and that he'll only play in the NFL for the Bears, Raiders, Vikings, Niners or Cowboys. 

I feel like this is something of a red flag that he is this bad at evaluating NFL franchises.  Only a fool would include the Raiders on a list of the only 5 teams they're willing to play for.  The Bears are only marginally better. 

But on the plus side, there's a decent chance the Bears or Raiders have the #1 pick this year, so I guess he might get his wish? 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Caleb WIlliams says he'll make more money at USC than he would as a rookie in the NFL, and that he'll only play in the NFL for the Bears, Raiders, Vikings, Niners or Cowboys. 

I feel like this is something of a red flag that he is this bad at evaluating NFL franchises.  Only a fool would include the Raiders on a list of the only 5 teams they're willing to play for.  The Bears are only marginally better. 

But on the plus side, there's a decent chance the Bears or Raiders have the #1 pick this year, so I guess he might get his wish? 

The Bears might have the first two picks.

The Vikings did get the best in house organizational grades though...

And personally I'd say the Bears are the worst team on the list. They've put garbage around Fields his entire career. It's a complete shitshow over there. People think their coach might get fired this weekend if the lose for the 15th straight time

Edited by Tywin et al.

Yeah, that list is kind of massively trash. The Vikings? You want to live in Minnesota? Voluntarily? That's insane. I get the Cowboys - good tax reasons, great media market. I vaguely get the Las Vegas Raiders too for fun. The niners are well-run, though it's gonna cost to live there. Chicago is just an incredibly stupid idea but at least it's a bigger city. 

I think that it's a much better indication that this guy is probably not worth the first pick. 

5 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

Yeah, that list is kind of massively trash. The Vikings? You want to live in Minnesota? Voluntarily? That's insane. I get the Cowboys - good tax reasons, great media market. I vaguely get the Las Vegas Raiders too for fun. The niners are well-run, though it's gonna cost to live there. Chicago is just an incredibly stupid idea but at least it's a bigger city. 

I think that it's a much better indication that this guy is probably not worth the first pick. 

Minneapolis is a pretty great city by US standards.  

10 minutes ago, briantw said:

Minneapolis is a pretty great city by US standards.  

Shitty weather most of the year, not a great airport, not particularly close to anything else that's awesome. I guess it's good on taxes and it's got some nice music history, but for most folks there's going to be a lot better, especially for the rich who couldn't care less about affordable housing, lower crime or public school offerings.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol, spoken like someone that's never lived here. 

I have a few friends from Minneapolis and they all were quite happy to go elsewhere. I'm sure it's better than, like, Akron. It is one of the top cities to live in according to this random bullshit page, but it's no Green Bay or Fort Wayne, IN, apparently.

Anyway, you're kind of missing the point - it's not whether or not random underachieving stoner wants to live there, it's whether a multimillionaire 20-something dude would want to live there. Maybe he really likes the Mall of America?

But I stand by it - it has shitty weather most of the year (average temp for fall and spring are both under 50, and winter is average below 20 - yeesh), it doesn't have a great airport (it is at least a Delta hub), and is far away from most major other cities and destinations like beaches, etc. 

My guess is that he named those 5 teams because those 5 teams have a clear ability for him to win a QB position. I don't know why he wouldn't pick, like, the Jets or DC, but that'd be my guess. And that's being charitable. He might just be really masochistic.