NFL 2023: No Swifties Allowed

Tywin et al.

9 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

12/3- 

Eagles v 49ers

Quite possible the most interesting game of the season at this point.

Niners are 2.5 point favorites.  I don't like that.  Rather see them be underdogs.

I looked it up, the last (and seemingly only) time that a team traded their future first round pick, only for it to become the #1 overall was in 1983, when the Bucs traded their 1984 1st rounder for QB Jack Thompson.  That trade apparently didn't work out since they recieved the first pick the following year.  Then in April 1984, the Bengals traded that pick to the Patriots for a bunch of picks, and the Patriots took WR Irving Fryar #1 overall.  Fryar went on to have an extremely long career with 5 pro bowl appearances, the last of which was in 1997 at age 35. 

2 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Im shocked any team could pull favored odds over these Eagles, but the 49ers have the best shot at taking them down a peg it seems.

Its going to be a delicious game.

I wouldn't say that.  The Eagles have looked a lot more beatable this year than last.  Their pass rush is no longer elite. 

They probably deserved to lose to the Bills last night, seeing how Buffalo missed two field goals and it still went to OT. 

47 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, that was bogus. 

Presumably the biggest security threat during a game would be from the stands…

The head of security has no business being anywhere near the actual field of play.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I don't get what Philly is doing putting Hurts back in the game. Their chance of winning is pretty low and he is getting hit constantly. 

Feels egregious.

5 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Presumably the biggest security threat during a game would be from the stands…

The head of security has no business being anywhere near the actual field of play.

Eh, I don't have a problem with him being there in general, but he can't interact with an opposing player. He should be suspended from the field for the rest of the season.

I also don't love kicking a player out for minimal contact in that situation. It's not like he punched him in the face.

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Feels egregious.

Just seems dumb. He was checked for a concussion (and he did look a bit wobbly) in a game they're probably not going to win and in general he's not 100%. He hasn't been running well for a while this year and at times looks like a sitting duck. 

Also, fuck, I have Deebo in two leagues and I'm still getting my ass kicked.