NFL 4th Quarter

DireWolfSpirit

1 hour ago, Jace, Extat said:

Tell it again!

The short version is we were having a Roman candle fight in a park on the 4th of July, my friend's dad said enough, and then his soon to be step-son lit off several fireworks in his house. Four friends and I watched it from across the street. They were the ones that go off for like 8-10 minutes. Pretty nutty scene.

Well as an Eagle fan back end year a fucking disaster. I am in the fire one camp right now. I am with Hurts, and think he was playing I injured, and I think his reaction down the strentch was not the best.

Goodbye Kelse :bawl: Love you man, Hall of Fame bound.

We blew the division, and it was ugly bad.

Cowboys being the first 2 seed to lose to a 7th. Well, if it we won the division I think we would of been the one to do so. Which makes it all that more awesome!:rofl:

34 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Well as an Eagle fan back end year a fucking disaster. I am in the fire one camp right now. I am with Hurts, and think he was playing I injured, and I think his reaction down the strentch was not the best.

Goodbye Kelse :bawl: Love you man, Hall of Fame bound.

We blew the division, and it was ugly bad.

Cowboys being the first 2 seed to lose to a 7th. Well, if it we won the division I think we would of been the one to do so. Which makes it all that more awesome!:rofl:

Fire him and hire Belichick, I say. 

Can you imagine what BB and Josh McDaniels could do with that roster!!??!!

15 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

Trade it for a whole host of 3rd and 4th round picks in the next 3 years? 

21 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

Considering how Matt Patrice coach I do want nothing from Belichick and his coaching tree. It was successful 6 times, made it to SB 9 times, and most likely a dead coaching style due to being throughly dissected it has been in the past few years.

32 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Considering how Matt Patrice coach I do want nothing from Belichick and his coaching tree. It was successful 6 times, made it to SB 9 times, and most likely a dead coaching style due to being throughly dissected it has been in the past few years.

What is dead can never die...

Now excuse me, I gotta go fight Kal and the allies in Gen Chat.

I mean, thought it was an established fact Hurts was playing..hurt for pretty much the second half of the season.  That being said, I'm really skeptical a new coach is going to unlock or rejuvenate Philly's roster in some type of magical way.

That goes in general.  I think it's weird Belichick interviewed with Atlanta.  They need a QB, otherwise they're good.  Is hiring him going to magically gift them a franchise QB?  Frankly I thought Carroll was more intent on continuing coaching than Bill-O, but either way, I don't see them making anything other than a marginal difference.

Same with Khaki Douche.  Best impact a coach can have is playcalling a certain system, and in that way you see Shanahan all over the NFL right now one way or another.  You don't actually need Kyle Shanahan to run Kyle Shanahan's system.  This of course has precedence with Walsh in terms of offenses - and myriad others in terms of defenses but, ya know, I'm  a Niners fan.

I also think it's underestimated how much coaching is just administrative and/or handling egos.  Which, again, is very marginal.  Still wondering why coaches in any sport are that lionized.

It's clear Hurts was not healthy. The tush push or brotherly shove still worked, but his ability to run in the open field was noticeably diminished. I've always said he's Kaep 2.0 without the cannon for an arm. Once he loses the ability to run you can sit on him. Take away his best weapon and you can do it even more. 

The coaching situation is weird. I have to agree with DMC that a new one probably isn't going to get much more out of this roster, but at the same time the current HC doesn't really add much and acts like a child. Idk what they should do, but don't bring in an old guy with a boring offense if you're making a change. Bring in Lane before BB or Carroll.

Patricia should never coach again. He's awful. The only value he adds is the ability to laugh at a rocket scientist who keeps a pencil behind his ear that he can't use. 

Edited by Mr. Chatywin et al.

Part of the problem was that the Eagles were never as good as their 10-1 record indicated.  Look at those first 11 games, there was definitely a lot of good fortune in not losing to some bad teams (NE, WAS twice) and in narrowly beating some good teams (DAL, BUF, KC).  Not that they were a bad team, but they were a lot more like a 7-4 team than a 10-1 team.  Advanced metrics were never high on them, even at 10-1 (they were something like 7th in DVOA at that point).  Then injuries and general malaise set in and they started playing worse.  If they had been a 7-4 team they wouldn't have even made the playoffs, but instead it feels like a huge dropoff from 10-1 to 11-7. 

18 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Popped back in here to see if there was anything smart being said.

Nope.

Gotta love sound bytes.  Reporter in Tampa asked Coach Bowles if he is doing anything to prep the team, since it's 7deg in Detroit right now. He gives a bit of a smile, "you do know they play in a dome right"?

Edited by dbunting
Clarity

I'm biased because I was always a huge fan of Cam, but this interview is next level great. You have to skip ahead a bit, but it's a proper long form conversation and his comments are exceptional. 

https://podcasts.google.com/u/1/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vRVNQMjI5ODU0MzMxMg/episode/N2M3NTQwYzQtYjQ3ZC0xMWVlLWFjMmItNjMyMmE5MjZjMjg1?sa=X&ved=0CAUQkfYCahgKEwiAnv7D7emDAxUAAAAAHQAAAAAQkwI

So in case anyone reading doesnt already know this yrs SB is hosted in Vegas.

Tix are crazy expensive as usual-

Super Bowl ticket prices usually skyrocket closer to the event. Ticketmaster is the official NFL marketplace for football tickets and resale tickets range from 11,000 dollars to 53,500 dollars, as of January 12, 2024.5 days ago

1 minute ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

So in case anyone reading doesnt already know this yrs SB is hosted in Vegas.

Tix are crazy expensive as usual-

Super Bowl ticket prices usually skyrocket closer to the event. Ticketmaster is the official NFL marketplace for football tickets and resale tickets range from 11,000 dollars to 53,500 dollars, as of January 12, 2024.5 days ago

When it was held here a few years ago and the Vikes had a real shot, my step-dad and I looked into it. Nosebleed tickets could have gotten a new Accord. Tickets we wanted could have gotten a slightly used NSX. Fuck that. Besides, the game is better watched with friends at home with a great spread.