NBA - squeaky bum time

BigFatCoward

10 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Love that right now, 76ers, as the 7th seed, are favorites over the Knicks, the 2nd seed. Pretty much 50/50 but slight favorites. Hilarious.

Oh, come on. Knicks are ahead by three games, Randle is out and Embiid is in. 

4 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Oh, come on. Knicks are ahead by three games, Randle is out and Embiid is in. 

Knicks would have been favored over Magic, Pacers, and Heat. My point was more that by the Knicks getting the 2nd seed, they're playing the hardest possible opponent.

That being said, think Knicks win. Embiid wasn't great against the Knicks in Jan. We have two physical centers and he didn't look great last night. Think we can bully him and stop Maxey with OG.

Edited by Mexal

10 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Knicks would have been favored over Magic, Pacers, and Heat. My point was more that by the Knicks getting the 2nd seed, they're playing the hardest possible opponent.

Fair, and its a three way tie for the seventh seed as well. 

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Love that right now, 76ers, as the 7th seed, are favorites over the Knicks, the 2nd seed. Pretty much 50/50 but slight favorites. Hilarious.

yeah its weird, but it kind of makes sense, with Embiid fit the 76ers were basically a 65 win team. 

Yeah I don’t think it’s that weird at all based on Embiid being back and the Sixers’ recent play accordingly.  The Knicks fell into the two seed because the Bucks, Magic and Cavs all shat the bed down the stretch.

4 hours ago, Mexal said:

That being said, think Knicks win. Embiid wasn't great against the Knicks in Jan. We have two physical centers and he didn't look great last night. Think we can bully him and stop Maxey with OG.

I don't understand why they tried so damn hard to win that final game. Typical Knicks dumbshit. Thought we were done with that.

Edited by Relic

4 hours ago, Relic said:

I don't understand why they tried so damn hard to win that final game. Typical Knicks dumbshit. Thought we were done with that.

One word: Thibs.

If everyone is healthy I think Philly should be the favorite, but Embiid isn't and you can never trust his health. The main fear for the Knicks should be if in a series defending Brunson can be solved. If they can do that the Knicks are fucked even if Embiid isn't himself. 

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Butler out for at least a few weeks. I doubt they survive long enough for him onto come back. 

Miami is in a bad spot long term. Butler's contract isn't great, but they could dump it in a year. Bam is a nice player on a good deal, but he doesn't have much value if they have to rebuild (which they should). Herro's contract is good enough to get something. Overall I just don't think this roster has much left in them and they shouldn't cling to how they overperformed the last few seasons. 

It’d be a disastrous disappointment if the Celtics don’t at least make the finals.  Was listening to a Simmons/Russillo pod the other day and it was funny how Bill was already mentally/emotionally preparing himself for such a cataclysm.

East is so weak that it’s hard to see anyone challenging them there. Knicks and Buck are flawed and injured, Orlando is too young still and everyone else is just mediocre. Basically the six or seven best teams in the NBA this year are the Celtics and like six West teams. I wouldn’t even put Boston at the top of that list but they have such an easy path that having one con flip instead of 2-3 is a big advantage.

Boston was expected to beat Miami last season too. Hopefully they've finally fixed their turnovers and they don't go cold from three again.

46 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Enough of this bullshit. Jerry, sell the team. Fire AK. Fire Donovan. Trade everyone. 

Do the Bulls have their own picks? If they are going to bottom out, think they missed the boat on LaVine. Maybe they can get some value for DeRozan, but otherwise its probably just Caruso and White in demand? They were looking good for awhile before Ball got injured, but I guess the Vucevic trade really put them in a bad position.

2 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Boston was expected to beat Miami last season too.

I mean, Miami had Jimmy Butler last season.

6 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Maybe they can get some value for DeRozan

DeRozan is a free agent.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

I mean, Miami had Jimmy Butler last season.

I mean, that's what eliminated the Celtics the last two seasons. Losing to the Warriors, fine. Losing to the Heat? Wouldn't have imagined it before the series. The Heat did upset the Bucks, but Giannis was injured.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

DeRozan is a free agent.

Wow. Maybe they can take on some bad assets for picks then, if they are indeed bottoming out.

20 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

My point is that they have three series to trip over themselves. Four if you count the finals.

Sure.  But the path to the finals looks especially easy this year as long as they stay healthy.  Plus, ya know, these Celtics are a distinctly different team.