Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea

9 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

At this point season ticket holders can fund their entire 19 PL matches by re-selling just 3-4 matches.  Apparently there’s a lively secondary market using burner phones to validate the season ticket when it gets passed around.

I'm sure people do find ways around it but they are making it difficult for season ticket holders to sell on their tickets, presumably to try and discourage people selling them for above face value. My boss has got a season ticket, which I could have had for a few games this season, but you have to have pre registered before the season on the season ticket holder's friends and family list for them to transfer the ticket to you.

I probably should have gotten organised to sort it out in time since it's turned out to be Klopp's last season.

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Same reason Osama didn't go as a kid. They didn't live near there. 

So support Palace. Or whichever club is nearest to the leafy Surrey village of your  childhood. 

What makes it worse is he says in the video he didn't go as a kid because his family couldn't afford it, until he was a barrister working in London. That is literally what he said. 

As I said, he is full of shit. It was pence to get into Highbury in the 80s. Pence. I know because I was there. 

13 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I'm sure people do find ways around it but they are making it difficult for season ticket holders to sell on their tickets, presumably to try and discourage people selling them for above face value. My boss has got a season ticket, which I could have had for a few games this season, but you have to have pre registered before the season on the season ticket holder's friends and family list for them to transfer the ticket to you.

I probably should have gotten organised to sort it out in time since it's turned out to be Klopp's last season.

That’s what they’re using the burner phones for, apparently.  Ticket holders register the ticket on a dedicated smart phone; not their own personal phone with all of their data and personal use.  Then they just give the phone to whoever buys the ticket and get it back afterward.  This limits the reselling to a casual network so that a stranger doesn’t just disappear with the phone, but it allows people to create a black market well above face value.  Hospitality tickets are available from the club at a large premium, which puts an effective ceiling on the black market prices for regular tickets. 

Hard to say. The stream I was watching only showed one quick replay and then moved on. That usually means the ref got it wrong and they're trying to cover it up. The ref did allow a lot of rough contact in the game which resulted in Kane nearly giving Gabriel a concussion and Saka being fouled multiple times.

Havertz's diving attempt OTOH deserved a yellow.

Edited by Corvinus85

6 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

They showed replays on TNT. :dunno:

It was a clear dive, and a foul by Saka if anything because he booted Neuer in the shin to do it. 

I think that's very 50-50. Yes, Saka sought it but he also had plenty of momentum to justify clattering into Neuer.

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I wish Saka just shot it and none of this would matter. I’ve seen Kane get that penalty 20 times but never seen Saka. So just shoot it instead.

Yeah, judging from the replay above, he could have slipped the ball through Neuer's legs. Not the best decision.

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

My takeaway from that game is we can win in Munich and should. So on we go.

Bayern have an excellent record against English teams at home in European competitions.

IIRC, between 1970-2023, only Norwich, Liverpool and Manchester City have beaten them in Europe at the Allianz.

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack

2 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Bayern have an excellent record against English teams at home in European competitions.

IIRC, only Norwich, Liverpool and Manchester City have beaten them in Europe at the Allianz.

The current Bayern are not like the old Bayern, just as the current Arsenal are not like the old Arsenal. I'd put my money on 50/50.

6 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

IIRC, between 1970-2023, only Norwich, Liverpool and Manchester City have beaten them in Europe at the Allianz.

:dunno: record or not, that team is beatable and we play well away.

Edited by Mexal

6 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

They only moved into the stadium in 2005-2006. 

I've watched that penalty call 100x now and it's a clear 50/50. Whatever it was called on the field is the way it would go. Saka throws his leg yes, but Neuer steps and extends his leg into Saka's path. I still firmly believe that if that was Bruno, Kane or any other generic white guy, he'd get the call.

As for the penalty shout against Arsenal, this is the one time when a ref used some common sense. They clearly weren't doing anything for advantage, no clue what they heard on the field and it would have been idiotic to call something like that in a CL game when it clearly wasn't intentional in any way. The worse call was Harry Kane not getting a red for purposely looking at Gabriel before intentionally slamming his elbow into his throat.

18 hours ago, polishgenius said:

TIL that Kier Starmer, everyone's favourite politician, is a die-hard, matchgoing Arsenal fan. 

Dunno if that interests anyone.

If Arsenal can survive the stench of that huge pile of shit named Piers Morgan, they can live with the small fart that is Keir Starmer.

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea