Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea

We can't really have any complaints with that result. An easy win was there for the taking and we've shot ourselves in the foot.

ETA: Very like the cup game to be honest. Probably should have learned some lessons.

Edited by ljkeane

Our front three must be the most wasteful in front of goal.

Salah especially has been absolutely average. 

Klopp plays Konate against relegation fodder Sheffield but plays the inexperienced kid Quansah against United at OT. Nice one Klopp <_<

Oh well, it's now Arsenal's to lose this PL race.

3 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Our front three must be the most wasteful in front of goal.

Salah especially has been absolutely average. 

Klopp plays Konate against relegation fodder Sheffield but plays the inexperienced kid Quansah against United at OT. Nice one Klopp <_<

Oh well, it's now Arsenal's to lose this PL race.

Still need to win out and our run in isn’t super easy plus CL. More turns to come.

5 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Pretty weak penalty. He actually never touched him and Elliot’s trailing leg hooked him. I’ll take the dropped points but have no idea how VAR didn’t even spend a second on it like they do every Havertz tackles.

https://x.com/nonewthing/status/1777009151543013715?s=46&t=S9IqtHPqFubF4uuPMeayuA

Come on. He's seen him coming, nicked the ball away and is absolutely going for the penalty but he's not obliged to hurdle Wan Bissaka's leg.

4 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I'm really burnt out on Kloppball. I hate this frantic style of football to be honest. Too risky.

Hoping if Amorim comes, we play a more controlled style.

:lol: Fuck off. You're really burnt out on the best manger we're likely to have for the forseeable future? Ok then.

4 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Come on. He's seen him coming, nicked the ball away and is absolutely going for the penalty but he's not obliged to hurdle Wan Bissaka's leg.

:lol: Fuck off. You're really burnt out on the best manger we're likely to have for the forseeable future? Ok then.

He’s not but Wan Bissaka didn’t actually touch him and all of the contact was generated by Elliot wanting the penalty. As I’ve seen us NOT get calls in very similar situations because of trailing legs or defenders kicking out but not touching, I can say it’s very soft and I’m surprised VAR didn’t spend 5 minutes looking at the angles as they do every single Arsenal penalty. Hell yesterday, NBC spent 5 minutes questioning Jesus penalty and he was literally taken out. Just thought it was interesting when you see that angle, no VAR looks and every Arsenal penalty over analyzed.

Edited by Mexal

20 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Pretty weak penalty. He actually never touched him and Elliot’s trailing leg hooked him. I’ll take the dropped points but have no idea how VAR didn’t even spend a second on it like they do every Havertz tackles.

https://x.com/nonewthing/status/1777009151543013715?s=46&t=S9IqtHPqFubF4uuPMeayuA

It looked a bit soft (like the Madueke one against Chelsea) but I'm not a fan of VAR getting involved unless it is blatantly obvious that something is or is not a penalty. Both of these cases are neither stonewall nor a case of 'definitely not a pen'. For 50/50 calls like these two the on field decision should stand. Unfortunately for United the on field decision was for a penalty both times.

Edited by Consigliere

I'll agree both with that being a clear penalty, and that Arsenal are getting a rough deal generally by VAR.

So do we, for that matter, but that's more normal in our end of the table.

3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Hell yesterday, NBC spent 5 minutes questioning Jesus penalty and he was literally taken out. Just thought it was interesting when you see that angle, no VAR looks and every Arsenal penalty over analyzed.

Lamptey touched the ball. I agree the Jesus one should be a penalty but Howard Webb came out after the Liverpool City match and said the Doku one at the end wasn't a penalty because he got a touch on the ball. So what's the interpretation there?

5 minutes ago, Mexal said:

He’s not but Wan Bissaka didn’t actually touch him and all of the contact was generated by Elliot wanting the penalty.

He doesn't kick out his leg to the side to initiate contact (which is usually why it's not given) or collapse his weight to initiate contact. He just brings his leg through. He does it because he knows Wan Bissaka has dived in but, hey, either get the ball or don't dive in. Pretty clear penalty for me. :dunno:

21 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

U fuck off . 1 title in 9 years. Bottling the league title thrice now? 

Is there a trophy for being best manager for coming second or bottling the league thrice now? 

Klopp even said today in an interview, he collects relationships not trophies. 

Is there a trophy for relationships? Loser mentality.

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack

Doku should have been a penalty. Difference with ours is touching ball was incidental as Jesus was beating him, ball was near Jesus and he was through on goal as Lamptey went through him and took out his legs. A bit different than the Doku one.

Edited by Mexal

Also want to give a bit of praise to Kambwala. He was thrown into the deep end (only his second start in the PL) with all of our CB injuries but stepped up today and put in a solid performance.

Edited by Consigliere

13 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

U fuck off . 1 title in 9 years. Bottling the league title thrice now?

Bottling the title? They got 97 and 92 points.

This season was supposed to be a rebuilding season and the target was the top 4. We've had to rebuild the midfield, had almost all of our key players except Van Dijk miss chunks of the season through injury, been fucked over by the officials at least once and are still level on points at the top of the table with 7 games to go. That's an insane over performance.

Do you seriously not grasp how lucky we've been to have Klopp?

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea