Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea

35 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Suck it up, Geordies. You made your deal with tbe Devil. Imagine thinking these particular owners give the tiniest toss about your 'proud working class' bollocks. Enjoy yer eighty-quid tickets and curly prawn sandwiches. 

Oh, and lol at being one of the most hated clubs in football and lumbered with the Most Evil Owner In Football, and you can't even spend his money cos you're guaranteed to get a points deduction. 

Ironically those very owners might give a toss. The entire point of sport washing is to create a positive image, so bread and cicrcus at affordable rates for plebs sounds like a pretty good way, outpricing them not so much.

42 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Ironically those very owners might give a toss. The entire point of sport washing is to create a positive image, so bread and cicrcus at affordable rates for plebs sounds like a pretty good way, outpricing them not so much.

Their ticket prices are pretty steep, though. Away ticket for Spurs fans £140. I mean, come the fuck on. 

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Suck it up, Geordies. You made your deal with tbe Devil. Imagine thinking these particular owners give the tiniest toss about your 'proud working class' bollocks. Enjoy yer eighty-quid tickets and curly prawn sandwiches. 

Oh, and lol at being one of the most hated clubs in football and lumbered with the Most Evil Owner In Football, and you can't even spend his money cos you're guaranteed to get a points deduction. 

I hope kane scores a double hatrick. In each leg. 

Arsenal fans nicking Allez, Allez, Allez from us is mildly annoying. Admittedly we nicked it from Porto fans, who probably nicked it from an Italian side but if you’re going to plagiarise another club’s songs at least go outside the Premier League.

City in front already.

55 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

TIL that Kier Starmer, everyone's favourite politician, is a die-hard, matchgoing Arsenal fan. 

Dunno if that interests anyone.

He's been a season ticket holder for six months. 

Supposedly he's had the season ticket since the Emirates opened, but also I can't take that dude's rebuttal seriously because he's seen Starmer go 'I started going when I was an adult living in London' and tried to put him down with 'I'm sure you could have afforded it as a barrister'. Like yes, that is what he said. 

Liverpool fans, specifically Spirit Of Shankley, have been complaining about a 2% increase in season tickets for next year.  This follows a 2% increase for this year after 8 years of frozen prices.

At this point season ticket holders can fund their entire 19 PL matches by re-selling just 3-4 matches.  Apparently there’s a lively secondary market using burner phones to validate the season ticket when it gets passed around.

I really do get tired of some of the complaining.  Season tickets are an enormous protected privilege, with a -20yr waiting list, that have been significantly below inflation and yet they still complain.  

12 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Supposedly he's had the season ticket since the Emirates opened, but also I can't take that dude's rebuttal seriously because he's seen Starmer go 'I started going when I was an adult living in London' and tried to put him down with 'I'm sure you could have afforded it as a barrister'. Like yes, that is what he said. 

A few months before this tweet, it was reported that Starmer had been the recipient of thousands of pounds of corporate hospitality at the Emirates. No mention of any season ticket in any of the reporting.

And if the sons of a single-mother postal worker could afford to go to every home game, then I'm not sure why Starmer's factory owning family couldn't afford it. 

Or are we supposed to swallow Starmer's fantasy of a 1983 match day fan experience that didn't cost about £2 including all your beer?

Bloke is full of shit. 

Edited by Spockydog

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Worst half we’ve played since Fulham. Defense in shambles.

And Raya didn't cover himself in glory either. Messed up Gabriel that led to the first goal and for Kane's penalty he was moving before Kane even got to the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

If the sons of a postal worker can afford to go to every home game, then I'm not sure why Starmer's family couldn't afford it. 

Same reason Osama didn't go as a kid. They didn't live near there. 

Bayern have not been all that good either. They've basically been gifted two goals but their general play has been poor and it's hard to see them actually creating anything of note off of good play rather than Arsenal shooting themselves in the foot.

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea