Football, what the fuckball?

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

Coz I think he's staying at Newcastle. He seems to genuinely love it there. 

I think he'd prefer London and the Champions League, no? 

I've seen people saying because he's bought a house on Tyneside, he's not leaving. We'll see, but after the past few windows, I trust Edu and Arteta to get someone in soon. If it's Bruno, the rest of the league might as well give up early. 

Rice. Guimaraes. Odegaad. :drool:

Edited by Spockydog

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

I've seen people saying because he's bought a house on Tyneside, he's not leaving. 

He bought it last week, thats a definite factor/comitment.

And nobody would prefer London to Newcastle. Finally, champions league winning, maybe, getting bounced in the last 16/8 every year probably not. 

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

I mean, possibly? If it was between you and Newcastle coming in to the league, I assume he'd choose you.

But he's already there. He's already pretty close to a hero there, and like I say, he seems to genuinely love the club. 

And yeah if it's true I do think if that buying a house in April is a reasonably strong signal that he's not intending to leave in June. 

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

He bought it last week, thats a definite factor/comitment.

And nobody would prefer London to Newcastle. Finally, champions league winning, maybe, getting bounced in the last 16/8 every year probably not. 

We'll just take Isak then. :P

6 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

And nobody would prefer London to Newcastle. 

Mate, I spent one New Year's Eve in Whitley Bay. One of the best nights of my life, but I've never known cold like it. That breeze off the North Sea is deadly.

And the weather is definitely a factor for these footballer types.

Edited by Spockydog

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

It's gonna be a little tricky- a few years ago players of his profile, who'd slot in comfortably next to Rice, were fairly common, but nowadays players with that kind of passing tend to operate a bit further forward, which gives up defensive solidity (or, in your specific case, would put more of that 'staying-put' work on Rice). 

It's why Newcastle's deep-lying midfielders are a converted CAM and a converfted striker, and why we're struggling so much to refit our midfield.

I'm sure you can find someone- and it's probably a little easier in your case coz even if the plan is to punt Partey straight out the rest of your midfield is solid enough you can probably give yourselves time to bring a player up to speed. But no-one directly springs to mind. Well, apart from Guimaraes but I don't think you're getting him.

I hear you. I don’t have a good answer either but man, it’s a need. Thought Rice did a lot more carrying forward this game than he has done and that is really useful (see Trossards first goal). I also think Partey reads the game super well so when he intercepts, he immediately looks forward which is unique in this side. I don’t know what we do but we need a Partey replacement somehow. Makes us so much better. Wonder if it’s a spot Timber could play…

Edited by Mexal

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Mate, I spent one New Year's Eve in Whitley Bay. One of the best nights of my life, but I've never known cold like it. That breeze off the North Sea is deadly.

And the weather is definitely a factor for these footballer types.

Soft southern shite. 

50 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I hear you. I don’t have a good answer either but man, it’s a need. Thought Rice did a lot more carrying forward this game than he has done and that is really useful (see Trossards first goal). I also think Partey reads the game super well so when he intercepts, he immediately looks forward which is unique in this side. I don’t know what we do but we need a Partey replacement somehow. Makes us so much better. Wonder if it’s a spot Timber could play…

Zubimendi (plays for Real Sociedad) would be a good option imo. Not a carbon copy of Partey's style but he's got a good passing range and is very good at making interceptions in the opposition half. Is solid defensively as well so would allow Rice to play more box-to-box.

Edited by Consigliere