Football, what the fuckball?

You don’t sell Salah because he had a tiff on the sidelines with Klopp, of course that’s complete nonsense. You sell him because he’s soon to be 32 and you’re going to get diminishing returns from him. If the Saudis are willing to pay over the odds for him you probably take the money. If they aren’t, and there seems to be talk they’re reining in their spending, then you probably keep him ‘cause he’s still a good player.

12 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Good thing if we don't go from bad to 777, but the interim there could potentially kill us off.

I doubt Everton will actually go out of business. I suspect your creditors are angling to try and take over without having to pay Moshiri for the privilege.

Just now, ljkeane said:

You don’t sell Salah because he had a tiff on the sidelines with Klopp, of course that’s complete nonsense. You sell him because he’s soon to be 32 and you’re going to get diminishing returns from him. If the Saudis are willing to pay over the odds for him you probably take the money. If they aren’t, and there seems to be talk they’re reining in their spending, then you probably keep him ‘cause he’s still a good player.

I doubt Everton will actually go out of business. I suspect your creditors are angling to try and take over without having to pay Moshiri for the privilege.

To the first - you sell now. He'll be free in a year, then you'll have to replace him without getting anything back. If someone wants him badly enough, that's a good deal in most circumstances.

The second part - quite possibly, but this year keeps telling us things can always get worse.

In other news.

Relegation bound Osnabrück (Bundesliga 2) is having a stadium problem. An inspection of the roof section revealed some flaws and the City of Osnabrück has pulled the plug until the issues are fixed. So their Saturday game against Schalke is probably not gonna be happening. The club believes/hopes that they can fix things, just not before Saturday. Question is what happens with the Schalke game, play it elsewhere or reschedule it (not ideal with just 3 games left, midly put). Their final game is also a home game against Hertha. They are mildly optimistic that the stadium issues will be solved by then.

At United the roof is at least only leaking and has not lead to the Old Trafford being closed down.

New season of welcome to wrexham drops tomorrow. I wonder how they are turning it round so quickly? Surely they want to show the conclusion of the season? 

Dortmund - PSG Ray Hudson commentary 1st half:

Hope this match is as exciting as a box of frogs.

Working harder than a blind dog in a butcher’s shop.

Sharper than a surgeon’s blade.

This guy can drop a pint of beer into a shot glass.

Like a gazelle getting tracked down by a cheetah.

And this hit is 1.21 Gigawatts of power and Robin Hood precision (didn’t quite catch that last part) (Füllkrug’s goal); and more: cool as a bomb disposal expert.

Posted (edited)

Borussia Dortmund's win vs Psg secured Bundesliga's fifth place in the CL.

They are fifth currently with 12 points in front of Eintracht Frankfurt and three games till the end so they did it for themselves lol.

Edited by The Sunland Lord