Football, what the fuckball?

22 minutes ago, Mexal said:

It’s a hard one. Foden has been great deserves the recognition but feel like the expectations for Saka must be through the rough if 25 g/an aren’t recognized.

I think you have to give quite a lot of extra weight to non penalty goals to be fair. Foden's on 16 non penalty goals and 8 assists. That's a better season than Saka's 10 non penalty goals (plus six penalties) and 9 assists I'd say.

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

I think you have to give quite a lot of extra weight to non penalty goals to be fair. Foden's on 16 non penalty goals and 8 assists. That's a better season than Saka's 10 non penalty goals (plus six penalties) and 9 assists I'd say.

This is fair. Not overly stressed by it. We have 5 players with 15+ g/a contributions. Been a lot of spreading the wealth this season.

14 minutes ago, Mexal said:

This is fair. Not overly stressed by it. We have 5 players with 15+ g/a contributions. Been a lot of spreading the wealth this season.

Arsenal have obviously had bunch of players having a good season but I think Odegaard's the stand out candidate for player of the season amongst the Arsenal options for me. I kind of thought he hit a hot streak last year and wasn't sure he'd replicate it again but he really has. He's basically playing as a traditional 10 in the attacking third and has the attacking numbers to back it up but he's also great at pressing without the ball and when Arsenal need to progress the ball from deep he's also dropping deep and is their best progessive passer.

Having said all that I'm still going for Watkins overall. 19 non penalty goals and 12 assists playing for Villa is nuts.

Yea I hope Watkins wins too. Probably would have said Rodri was most impactful player of the season. When he’s out, City is not anywhere near the same team.

Posted (edited)

Dyche named manager of the month for April. Fair decision. Despite that hammering against Chelsea, he still picked up hugely important wins, including their first win against Liverpool at Goodison in 14 years, to secure Everton's PL status with room to spare.

Edited by Consigliere

Michael Edwards is bringing back Julian Ward as technical director at FSG/Liverpool.  So it does look like the DoF group all departed in that ~12 month period because of some clash with Klopp, presumably about power/influence over transfers since Slot will be a “coach” rather than “manager”.

Hopefully it’s a long term benefit to have a strong DoF structure institutionalized.  It’s certainly a return to the individuals who made our most successful signings.  And it perhaps explains why the Nunez signing was panned in the media recently — not that I like anyone airing their grievance through media leaks; besides, the MF signings last summer were pretty good even if the approaches for Caicedo and Lavia were botched.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Dyche is probably manager of the season. There, I've said it. 

Actually think that's a bridge too far for him, he's done a wonderful job, but I'd say someone like Arteta or Iraola deserves it more. 

2 hours ago, Rorshach said:

t I'd say someone like Arteta or Iraola deserves it more. 

If they win he does, if they don't he doesn't. 

If not him then Emery (assuming they finish 4th).