Lost season 4.1.b.2

Arataniello

I was actually rewatching the start and noticed the same thing. I guess I wasn't paying attention the first time, but it definitely does sound like Jack is saying Kate couldn't save them immediately after the crash.

Me too. Damn it. He says "she tried to save the other two, but..." and then she cuts him off. So much for that theory.

But, that does beg the question of why they bothered to say two other people survived at all. Some slip up of Hurley's maybe, or something? Something to do with Walt and Michael?

You know, going on this theory, we know who's biting it next.

Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) got arrested in October for suspicion of DUI...

Hmmm...

:P

I heard this, and that makes me think he's on the chopping block next. If memory serves, Eko's actor got some kind of alcohol-related driving charge as well and not long after that he was getting offed. Of course, it's not true that all Lost character deaths involved actor DUIs, but I think all Lost actor DUIs have involved character deaths.

Eko's actor wanted out anyway. And he wasn't well liked by the rest of the cast from what I remember either. The actor who plays Locke in particuler disliked him, because he felt Eko had more or less taken his characters role on the show as the man of faith communing with the island.

Eko's actor wanted out anyway. And he wasn't well liked by the rest of the cast from what I remember either. The actor who plays Locke in particuler disliked him, because he felt Eko had more or less taken his characters role on the show as the man of faith communing with the island.

Shame, though. I always felt they killed Eko too soon: his character was interesting, and I liked the actor as well. I guess it's true he and Locke's rolls did sort of overlap.

As for the 815 survivors, that's a good point. Of the named characters loads are dead (Shannon, Boone, Charlie, one of the Stevescott duo, Nikki & Paulo, Ana-Lucia, Libby, Eko, Doc Artz). Michael and Walt presumably don't count since they're off the Island already. I don't see Locke or Rose (and by extension Bernard) going back to civilisation either, because of Locke and Rose's medical conditions if nothing else. That really only leaves the candidates for the remaining members of the O6 to be Claire, Sawyer, Cindy, Frogurt, that guy who was in two Season 1 eps and hasn't been seen since (the guy with the glasses who argued with Jack on the golf course), Jin or Sun, or one of the random survivors. And you'd imagine that Aaron would still be with Claire if it was her, or that Sawyer would have come to the trial or at least been involved with the situation somehow.

Here's one of my concerns about the whole "Oceanic 6" idea: There's about 46 survivors (I don't remember the exact number), and we know, by name, roughly 20 or so, right? So, there are 6 survivors, all of whom are regualr, recurring characters. There's roughly 20 people left back on the island who we never really meet, yet they stay behind. What's up with that? What possibly could happen that allows for only 6 people to get off, tell a bizarre take about only 8 survivors, and these other fols just sat up and took having to stay beind for what appears to be nearly 3 years...?

Here's one of my concerns about the whole "Oceanic 6" idea: There's about 46 survivors (I don't remember the exact number), and we know, by name, roughly 20 or so, right? So, there are 6 survivors, all of whom are regualr, recurring characters. There's roughly 20 people left back on the island who we never really meet, yet they stay behind. What's up with that? What possibly could happen that allows for only 6 people to get off, tell a bizarre take about only 8 survivors, and these other fols just sat up and took having to stay beind for what appears to be nearly 3 years...?

Your guess is as good as mine, but I can only postulate (and I'll spoiler-text it just incase):

SPOILER: Why only 6 make it off the island according to Mya

I'd guess it has to do with the Orchid Dharma station having some sort of teleportation device, and it has nothing to do with the Freighter people, to be honest. If I had to really guess, I'd say they found (or Ben showed them) the station, and 6 of them "accidently" got teleported off the island. Maybe they thought they would be able to go back for the others, maybe not.

Just my guess, but you never know...

Me too. Damn it. He says "she tried to save the other two, but..." and then she cuts him off. So much for that theory.

But, that does beg the question of why they bothered to say two other people survived at all. Some slip up of Hurley's maybe, or something? Something to do with Walt and Michael?

One reason is Claire, since Kate has Aaron, she's not one of the 6, but would have to have survived the crash until the baby was born at least.

I thought it was more likely that they had two people who died in the "rescue", 6 live bodies and 2 dead bodies equal 8. So far, all we know from Sayid and Ben is that something goes drastically wrong in the Island escape, something that could have been prevented if Sayid was less trusting of the freighter people. I would assume that they weren't shot but the phrase "intentional helicopter crash" looms large in my mind.

And why do we keep getting shots of Naomi's face? Hmm...

On the Oceanic Six: the producers confirmed in an interview that the O6 are defined as those who had boarding cards and thus were given compensation by Oceanic Airlines. So Aaron doesn't count (he wasn't born at the time).

On the other hand, this preview for the episode indicated that another of the Oceanic 6 would be revealed. The only person revealed in the episode was Aaron. I'm inclined to think that Aaron counts as one of the six, but I suppose the people who put together the previews may not be totally in tune with the writers/producers.

And why do we keep getting shots of Naomi's face? Hmm...

I've been wondering about that myself. Sometimes I think she's going to pull a Mikhael on us, like people seem to do from time to time on the Island.

I'm inclined to think that Aaron counts as one of the six, but I suppose the people who put together the previews may not be totally in tune with the writers/producers.

Wouldn't be the first time. Previews for Heroes used to out-and-out lie, on occassion.

I thought it was more likely that they had two people who died in the "rescue", 6 live bodies and 2 dead bodies equal 8. So far, all we know from Sayid and Ben is that something goes drastically wrong in the Island escape, something that could have been prevented if Sayid was less trusting of the freighter people. I would assume that they weren't shot but the phrase "intentional helicopter crash" looms large in my mind.

I don't know - Jack's talking about the crash, and talking about Kate pulling people out of the water, says that she saved his life, and then says "she tried to save the other two..."

It's a little ambiguous, but he doesn't say "later on, she tried to save the other two" - it sounds like he's talking about the crash. They'd be stretching it a little bit if I'm supposed to read it some other way.

Also, even if 2 of the fictitious 8 supposedly died right after Kate's fictitious crash rescue, that doesn't mean that we won't have other deaths for real in this real "rescue." Didn't Desmond say something about he's going to die in the trailer at the end of the last episode, or no?

On the other hand, this preview for the episode indicated that another of the Oceanic 6 would be revealed. The only person revealed in the episode was Aaron. I'm inclined to think that Aaron counts as one of the six, but I suppose the people who put together the previews may not be totally in tune with the writers/producers.

I think that was a lie, sort of. Kate had never been officially revealed as one of the O6, but now she is one--officially. (Unless I missed something from before.)

Previews are stupid. Never watch or trust them.

The person "revealed" was probably Kate.

An interesting spoiler:

SPOILER: Lost
One of the extras on Lost reported that a few of the long-running background extras were now out of work, as they'd been killed off on the show. For some reason this flew under the radar on the Lost spoiler sites, but it's there on Dark UFO's site plain as day. So I'm guessing the freighters or the Monster or the Others or someone else is going to start massacring the unnamed survivors of 815. Maybe they all die?

Well, the concept of the O6 was introduced in this season's opener, in which we learned that Jack and Hurley were the first two members. Yeah, we could guess that Jack and Kate were members from the Season 3 finale, but it was confirmed with Hurley and Jack in the first episode, Sayid in the third and Kate in the fourth.

Aaron definitely isn't the sixth. In interviews this week the producers said that two were still to be revealed:

SPOILER: Lost
And would be revealed in episode seven, but one of them was going to be a complicated story...

I don't think all the other survivors die. The Hurley ep pretty much confirmed that some of the survivors were still alive and still on the island.

As for the Oceanic 6 - I'm getting the feeling they cut some sort of deal with whoever rescued them, or maybe made a pact with each other, to hide the existence of the other survivors that remained on the island. Why? i don't know exactly, but I'm thinking they might discover something about the people who sent the freighter that leads to them deciding to cover up the existence of the survivors that stay behind. In the Hurley flash forward, Jack was concerned that Hurley, in his current state, would let something slip. Also Lt. Daniels, in the same episode, suspected that other survivors were back on the island but didn't know for sure, that's why he was harassing Hurley.

One reason is Claire, since Kate has Aaron, she's not one of the 6, but would have to have survived the crash until the baby was born at least.

I thought they were playing it as if Kate gave birth to Aaron, no reason to make up a "8 of us survived, 2 died later" to explain Aaron.

I thought it was more likely that they had two people who died in the "rescue", 6 live bodies and 2 dead bodies equal 8.

Agreed with Raidne above, Jack's testimony on court doesn't seem to support that.

I do expect a lot of deaths during the conflict with the freighter people though. Sayid has to mess up pretty bad to convert him completely to Ben's side.

Agreed with Raidne above, Jack's testimony on court doesn't seem to support that.

Lying under oath is called perjury. We know more than 8 survived the initial 815 crash, that they all learned about Kate's past while together and that it wasn't Kate who saved them all. He probably also lied about not loving her but that's just my opinion and that part couldn't be prosecuted anyway. The six probably came up with that little story to help support Kate's court trial {among other things} and Jack was voted most likely to pull it off.

The simplest answer to as to why lie about 8 who survived the initial crash but 2 died later is because they had two additional 815 bodies when they were "openly" rescued. I suppose that their deaths don't have to occur during the rescue but I really just don't know.

Archived