Lost season 4.1.b.2

Arataniello

I thought they were playing it as if Kate gave birth to Aaron, no reason to make up a "8 of us survived, 2 died later" to explain Aaron.

Agreed with Raidne above, Jack's testimony on court doesn't seem to support that.

I do expect a lot of deaths during the conflict with the freighter people though. Sayid has to mess up pretty bad to convert him completely to Ben's side.

I think it makes more sense in why her lawyer wanted him in the courtroom to prove what a good person she is now. Besides, I'm sure it's pretty well documented that Kate was not caught by the federal marshal while hugely pregnant and a 9 month age difference in a child that young isn't something people wouldn't know you were lying about.

I thought they were playing it as if Kate gave birth to Aaron, no reason to make up a "8 of us survived, 2 died later" to explain Aaron.

I think this has to be the case too. Why else would Kate's mom be so interested in seeing Kate's son. I am sure they will come up with a clever answer as to why Kate not noticably pregnant before the crash had a child that age. Though I assume it has something to do with the whole time moving faster off the island issue.

It probably appeared that she was gone long enough to have a child that age.

Or maybe it really is Kate's, and she named it Aaron in honor of Claire's Aaron if they both died on the island. Sawyer is light-haired, and Kate's mother is blond.

Either way, the people in the flash-forwards who clearly think it's Kate's natural son, so there's going to have to some explanation of how people think she could have given birth if it is Claire's Aaron. Obviously, if it's hers, she could have gone through most of her pregnancy and given birth off the island. If not, maybe it's supposed to be a real clue that this whole rescue thing is going to take a lot longer than we think.

By the way, anyone besides me catch the kind of unflattering shot of Aaron when she first walked in the room and think..what?...Jack doesn't want to see Kate's baby because it has...Down's Syndrome???

By the way, anyone besides me catch the kind of unflattering shot of Aaron when she first walked in the room and think..what?...Jack doesn't want to see Kate's baby because it has...Down's Syndrome???

Until she said the baby's name, that was exactely what I thought -- the island had retarded Kate's offspring.

Yeah I thought that do, then realised the baby was just fugly.

Perhaps Jack doesn't want to see Aaaron because he finds out his is Claire's half brother just before or after they escape. Thats if he and Claire share a dad.

Besides, I'm sure it's pretty well documented that Kate was not caught by the federal marshal while hugely pregnant and a 9 month age difference in a child that young isn't something people wouldn't know you were lying about.

Are you certain of this? She was in hiding for quite a long time and when she was eventually caught, it's plausible that she was not showing enough for people to notice but did deliver a baby sometime on the island. I'm also not sure about how well documented her lack-of-pregnancy was or what that would even entail. Hell, she could have been seven months pregnant at the time of the crash, had the baby about a month later and that leaves over two months for 'Aaron' to grow. Some babies are bigger than others, and we're talking about only a few months here. I have two nieces born about four months apart last year and the younger one dwarfs the older one in size. So Kate claiming that Aaron is hers seems like a plausible story.

I think it makes more sense in why her lawyer wanted him in the courtroom to prove what a good person she is now. Besides, I'm sure it's pretty well documented that Kate was not caught by the federal marshal while hugely pregnant and a 9 month age difference in a child that young isn't something people wouldn't know you were lying about.

I agree that they will have some explaining to do as to how Kate sold the story about Aaron being her kid. It will be tough, considering how she looked while boarding the plane. How much do you show when you are at 3-4 months, btw? As I said upthread, what seems most sensible to me would be saying she way 3 months or so during the crash, then had the the baby 3-4 months later. That would put the age difference between real and "made-up" Aaron between 3 months or so.

I guess it's possible that they openly acknowledged the baby was Claire's. I don't think it's likely though. I just don't think it played that way from everybody's reactions. Also, if everybody knew the baby was an orphan, I would think they would not let Kate keep it, especially while she was in jail, going through a trial for a number of felonies? And most important thing for me was the reaction of Kate's mother as Bormon said, that was the clincher.

I definitely thought somerthing looked off about about Aaron as well, he did seem to have down syndrome. Or it was a very unflattering shot.

There is one thing I don't understand. Since Kate is a wanted felon, wouldn't someone have taken a blood test of Aaron at some point just to confirm that the untrustworthy felon is telling the truth? One possibility:

None of the 6 or 8 or whatever are women, except possibly Kate. Great.

I agree that they will have some explaining to do as to how Kate sold the story about Aaron being her kid. It will be tough, considering how she looked while boarding the plane. How much do you show when you are at 3-4 months, btw? As I said upthread, what seems most sensible to me would be saying she way 3 months or so during the crash, then had the the baby 3-4 months later. That would put the age difference between real and "made-up" Aaron between 3 months or so.

I had three friends all fall pregnant within a couple of weeks of one another. At about four months one - who was even slimmer than Evangeline Lily - was flat as a pancake, one was barely showing and the other was quite noticeable. There are no hard and fast rules here.

EDIT:

Intriguing. Lindelof outlines the structure of the rest of the series:

SPOILER: Lost
"Season 4 isabout who gets off the island and the fact that they need to get back. Season 5 is about why they need to get back, and season 6 is about whathappens when they get back."

We need a timeline for these flash forwards damn it!

In the season three ender, enough time has passed for Jack to become a raging alcoholic and drift away from, at least, Kate.

Hurley in the opener goes wacky over the Charlie appearance, but it's just long enough that he tries using the, "Don't you know who I am?" tact when the cops come after him.

Sayid's hunting people involved with 815. We know a few weeks minimum pass during his episode, and that he's been at this for a bit at least.

Kate's trial has a "normal" Jack and what appears to be an Aaron who's about what? Three?

I had three friends all fall pregnant within a couple of weeks of one another. At about four months one - who was even slimmer than Evangeline Lily - was flat as a pancake, one was barely showing and the other was quite noticeable. There are no hard and fast rules here.

More to that, a lot of women can hide the fact they're pregnant till they're far into the pregnancy. Besides, it's highly unlikely that anybody is going to investigate further into whether or not she was pregnant anyway. They have far more important things to concern themselves with like what happened concerning the crash.

Not that big - he looked more like 18 mo-2yrs to me. I also thought his face looked a little funny there for a second, but it could just be the angle of the shot.

Either that or they just got an ugly kid to play Aaron.

Assuming the cover story is that she gave birth on the Island, then all they need is Jack to say he delivered the baby and they'd probably accept it. If anyone disputed that Aaron is Kate's, they'd probably do blood tests and everything, but if everyone accepts Jack's word, that explains it.

Didn't Kate deliver Aaron in the first place? Jack was too busy trying to save Boone at the time. Man, that feels like fecking ages ago.

I guess it's possible that they openly acknowledged the baby was Claire's. I don't think it's likely though. I just don't think it played that way from everybody's reactions. Also, if everybody knew the baby was an orphan, I would think they would not let Kate keep it, especially while she was in jail, going through a trial for a number of felonies? And most important thing for me was the reaction of Kate's mother as Bormon said, that was the clincher.

I definitely thought somerthing looked off about about Aaron as well, he did seem to have down syndrome. Or it was a very unflattering shot.

You do usually show when you are 3-4 months pregnant, especially on a woman as thin as Evangeline Lily, who is wearing shirts as tight as she does. And I wasn't referring to the size of the kid, but that's a factor, a 6-7 month difference in age between kids under 5 is pretty obvious in terms of their development. Little kids grow and learn things so fast that there would be huge milestones that would give away that this kid is not young enough to be hers.

ETA- also, why would the fact that she got pregnant and had a kid be such a huge show of good character to her lawyer? Why was that his first thought instead of putting Jack on the stand? It makes much more sense to make her look good that she took care of a child that wasn't hers.

also, why would the fact that she got pregnant and had a kid be such a huge show of good character to her lawyer? Why was that his first thought instead of putting Jack on the stand? It makes much more sense to make her look good that she took care of a child that wasn't hers.

Good point but I'd imagine it'd be to garner sympathy from the jury.

ETA- also, why would the fact that she got pregnant and had a kid be such a huge show of good character to her lawyer? Why was that his first thought instead of putting Jack on the stand? It makes much more sense to make her look good that she took care of a child that wasn't hers.

Cute Baby Defense. Any woman on the jury would refuse to convict.

"I just couldn't bear to see him take away from his momma!"

I do expect a lot of deaths during the conflict with the freighter people though. Sayid has to mess up pretty bad to convert him completely to Ben's side.

I'm half convinced that Sayid is already on Ben's "side" (and may have been so for a long time). I also don't think he likes Ben - never has.

Also, if everybody knew the baby was an orphan, I would think they would not let Kate keep it, especially while she was in jail, going through a trial for a number of felonies? And most important thing for me was the reaction of Kate's mother as Bormon said, that was the clincher.

I agree with this. She's somehow passing this baby off as her own. Either it is her own, or it's Claire's Aaron that she has been able to convince everyone is hers.

Archived