EURO 2008

Hereward

I have to say well done to Turkey. Amazing come-back. The best game I've seen, as far as the last 15 minutes are concerned.

I didn't follow the Portugal game, I was amazed to see the score.

[quote name='Cristiano Bronnaldo' post='1399534' date='Jun 15 2008, 23.45']Just when mashiara thought she was getting her husband back....[/quote]

Tell me about it!!!

He's going to be impossible to deal with for a while. He's really happy about this. He just doesn't share my pain about Greece. :(

And he keeps saying "they are my team! come on!"

I blame this board.

[quote name='mashiara' post='1399542' date='Jun 15 2008, 12.48']I didn't follow the Portugal game, I was amazed to see the score.[/quote]

The calls pretty much went to the home squad. Some blatantly so.

I admit, Tuncay looking up to the sky with arms spread was very, very funny.

Insane game. Not a _great_ game, because really, it was a cavalcade of follies towards the end, but certainly very, very dramatic. What was Volkan thinking? I'm betting on Turkey falling out in the quarters in large part because they now have to use their reserve goalkeeper, whoever he is.

As to the Portugal-Switzerland match, I don't see how anyone can say Portugal was robbed. They more or less gave the match away. What I don't get is the bevy of yellow cards -- including one on Gelson Fernandes (of Switzerland, I had to double check) _after_ the match was concluded. What happened there?

[quote name='Msr.Quelavoine' post='1399537' date='Jun 15 2008, 21.46']Poor, poor Petr Cech being the best keeper in the world and all that. He won't be sleeping well tonight.[/quote]

He's never been the best keeper in the world IMNSHO. :P

[quote name='Bastard of Godsgrace' post='1399552' date='Jun 15 2008, 21.50']Shit, what a game. Poor Czechs. They too early become convinced their victory is assured, though.[/quote]

They weren't alone. I went for a bath at 2-0. :(

Got back in time for the sending off and the aftermath though. :)

ETA - I feel for Bruckner, who's been an excellent coach.

[quote name='mashiara' post='1399550' date='Jun 15 2008, 16.50']Tell me about it!!!

He's going to be impossible to deal with for a while. He's really happy about this. He just doesn't share my pain about Greece. :(

And he keeps saying "they are my team! come on!"

I blame this board.[/quote]

:lmao:
It makes it so much better that this is an American behaving this way, too.

What the f*ck just happend?! I had nearly all my accumalated euro 2008 winnings on Portugal and Switzerland drawing and on Turkey losing. Within 20 minutes I went from a great summer bonus to... nothing. Where... Where did my money go? :cry:

As to the actual matches, only saw the last 20 minutes of the Turkey - Czech game. That was some damned weird stuff. Great third goal for Turkey, and amazing excitement that last minute when they had to put on a midfielder in goal. Why exactly did their goalkeeper do that?!

Archived