DC BWB Meetup - Saturday, July 26th @ Nanny O'Briens

my cousin and my hometown school peeps are having a meet up in arlington saturday night as well. and i have yet to get my apartment schedule to know what the hell is going on saturday.

that said. i will be in DC and plan to make it! i just might have to cut out a little early to hit my cousin's thing too. since that is where i am staying the night

also, i am the twin to [url="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/ColderHands/l_9a8fc27f6b41db867cb4c79da97170d4.jpg"]this guy[/url] but he is the one thats an asshole. mom never tok pictures of me.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1455326' date='Jul 24 2008, 18.54']That wouldn't be fair. They do that?[/quote]

I know and yes. As of now, I may be able to leave without anyone noticing or caring, so I put my odds of attendance at 50/50.

[quote name='C. John' post='1455610' date='Jul 25 2008, 00.06']In full [url="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2699785937_6596b7a18a.jpg?v=0"]war [/url]gear.

Oh, I'm on the right. Though I do envy the fashion sensibilities of the man in the middle.[/quote]

I have much better one of you.

[quote]Well uh I guess I'm coming to this thing[/quote]

Have this image in my head of you sitting in Nanny's, looking around, going: "How the fuck did I get here?!"

Good shit, Ini.

[quote name='Mr. X' post='1455305' date='Jul 24 2008, 17.26']Hey, that's not Clamato![/quote]

Fuck. Made a mental note to erase out the juice and put in a bottle of clamato. Now you all will know I don't carry a bottle of clamato around whereever I go :(

[quote name='Starkess' post='1455311' date='Jul 24 2008, 17.37']So, after all my squigglings to get this night free, I find out today that our liberty is secured this weekend because of mistakes made by an entirely different group of mids.[/quote]

Alright so squiggling didn't work, might wanna give finagling a try. Or just throw down a smoke bomb, leaving everyone frantically looking around as your laughter echoes through the halls.

[quote name='C. John' post='1455610' date='Jul 24 2008, 23.06']In full [url="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2699785937_6596b7a18a.jpg?v=0"]war [/url]gear.

Oh, I'm on the right. Though I do envy the fashion sensibilities of the man in the middle.[/quote]

Wait, so you're [i]not[/i] the one in the middle?

I guess I don't anything about West Virginia after all.

I've been trying to find a recent-ish picture of me that I actually like, but it's not easy. This one from [url="http://members.cox.net/jestme777/Oct2007hat1.jpg"]last October[/url] will have to do. I likely will not be wearing the hat on Saturday.

[quote name='Angie' post='1455993' date='Jul 25 2008, 09.53']I've been trying to find a recent-ish picture of me that I actually like, but it's not easy. This one from [url="http://members.cox.net/jestme777/Oct2007hat1.jpg"]last October[/url] will have to do. I likely will not be wearing the hat on Saturday.[/quote]
The words picture, October, and hat made me think for a moment you were posting an avatar from NHAW. This leads to an amusing interpretation of your last sentence.

[quote name='Mr. X' post='1456019' date='Jul 25 2008, 10.13']The words picture, October, and hat made me think for a moment you were posting an avatar from NHAW. This leads to an amusing interpretation of your last sentence.[/quote]

:lol: I hadn't thought about it that way.

For the record I'd rather not know who all is disappointed and who all is relieved.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1455954' date='Jul 25 2008, 09.26']Alright so squiggling didn't work, might wanna give finagling a try. Or just throw down a smoke bomb, leaving everyone frantically looking around as your laughter echoes through the halls.[/quote]

I'm really tempted to, as this is absolute bullshit and I don't know why they ever think denying us the chance to leave this place is going to fix anything.

[quote name='Mr. X' post='1456019' date='Jul 25 2008, 10.13']The words picture, October, and hat made me think for a moment you were posting an avatar from NHAW. This leads to an amusing interpretation of your last sentence.[/quote]

Glad I'm not the only one that immediately had that thought! :)

I would post a pic of myself but I don't have any. I'm a little Indian guy who'll have no problem walking around like a fool asking tables if they're with the Brotherhood without Banners (if I don't recognize anyone).

[quote name='Lucreefzia Borgia' post='1456027' date='Jul 25 2008, 09.17']Jaime, I don't believe you. Neither person in that picture looks stressed out enough to be in accounting. Or drunk enough, for that matter.[/quote]

I will say, Eefa, have a couple friends who believe I look drunk in every picture ever taken of me, sober or not. Leads me to go through my pictures like Zapruder and pick the ones where I look less drunk (and see look, I'm holding juice in this one, clear proof of my temperant ways). Think one of these days, I'll just suck it up, and get a professional picture done with me wearing a tophat, coat and tails, adjusting my monocle as I pose before the fireplace, surrounding by only the finest and most esteemed and well-regarded gentlemen of the community.

Well, as it happens, the Annapolis trip got pushed back to Saturday Night. The plan now is to go up Saturday Night and spend Sunday there (instead of going up Friday night and spending Saturday there). Not what I would have preferred, but some of my friends aren't the best communicators.

So, as I probably will be rolling by 8 PM, if anyone wants to arrive at Nannys at [b]5:30 PM[/b], would love to see ya then. For those who can't make it any earlier than 6:30 will still see ya when you come in.

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1456157' date='Jul 25 2008, 10.37']I was actually able to find and upload a photo of me on [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/28966369@N06/2700852439/"]the internet[/url]. I'm evolving.[/quote]

Nice to put a face with the name.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1456521' date='Jul 25 2008, 15.18']So, as I probably will be rolling by 8 PM, if anyone wants to arrive at Nannys at [b]5:30 PM[/b], would love to see ya then. For those who can't make it any earlier than 6:30 will still see ya when you come in.[/quote]

Smooth.

I'm going to a movie in Chinatown with a friend at 3. We'll prob grab a drink afterwards so I'll prob end up there around 6:30. If she wants to come, might take her to Nannys for that drink in which case I'll be there earlier. We'll see.

ETA: Jaime, you'd appreciate this. The girl I'm going to the movies with was an intern here last year :)

[quote name='Mexal' post='1456527' date='Jul 25 2008, 14.24']Smooth.

I'm going to a movie in Chinatown with a friend at 3. We'll prob grab a drink afterwards so I'll prob end up there around 6:30. If she wants to come, might take her to Nannys for that drink in which case I'll be there earlier. We'll see.[/quote]

Sounds good.

[quote]ETA: Jaime, you'd appreciate this. The girl I'm going to the movies with was an intern here last year :)[/quote]

Tree-mendous. :P

You really took the whole "interns will be assigned" thing seriously. I like when folks are proactive.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1456521' date='Jul 25 2008, 15.18']So, as I probably will be rolling by 8 PM, if anyone wants to arrive at Nannys at [b]5:30 PM[/b], would love to see ya then. For those who can't make it any earlier than 6:30 will still see ya when you come in.[/quote]

Getting the drinks going at 5:30 on a Saturday [i]and[/i] it's not football season? I'm beginning to like this town.

Archived