NFL Week 2

Ser Paladin

[quote name='SirRots' post='1519666' date='Sep 16 2008, 06.34']That was well worth destroying my sleep cycle for last night. I think I could watch Desean Jacksons "touchdown" many a time just for the hilarity of it.[/quote]

I agree. I went to bed 2 hours later than normal to watch that game. It lived up to the hype.

[quote name='SirRots' post='1519666' date='Sep 16 2008, 05.34']That was well worth destroying my sleep cycle for last night. I think I could watch Desean Jacksons "touchdown" many a time just for the hilarity of it.[/quote]

Having just seen Desean Jackson's "touchdown" lowlights, I'm flabbergasted. I don't know what to say. I don't have any vested interest in the Eagles, fantasy or otherwise, but what do you do to a kid like that? Wow.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1519802' date='Sep 16 2008, 09.19']My effing cable went out in the first quarter. Just hearing about it all secondhand is a whole new level of suck.[/quote]

That's when I would have hopped in the car and headed to the nearest bar. This game was far too good to miss.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1519808' date='Sep 16 2008, 09.22']That's when I would have hopped in the car and headed to the nearest bar. This game was far too good to miss.[/quote]

Yeah, [i]strongly[/i] considered it. In the end decided to catch up on sleep...but it's clear I chose poorly.

Fucking[i] knew[/i] this would be a heavyweight fight.

Following a replay of the Felix Jones kickoff return for a touchdown with audio from the Spanish-language call of the game, Kornheiser said, “I took high-school Spanish, and that either means ‘nobody is going to touch him’ or ‘could you pick up my dry cleaning in the morning.’”

What an asshole. I hope he gets fired and they get someone in that doesn't lower the intelligence level of every viewer.

I would like to actually watch the game without mute one week.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1519832' date='Sep 16 2008, 08.39']Following a replay of the Felix Jones kickoff return for a touchdown with audio from the Spanish-language call of the game, Kornheiser said, “I took high-school Spanish, and that either means ‘nobody is going to touch him’ or ‘could you pick up my dry cleaning in the morning.’”

What an asshole. I hope he gets fired and they get someone in that doesn't lower the intelligence level of every viewer.

I would like to actually watch the game without mute one week.[/quote]

So if Dennis Miller is the high bar and Tony Kornheiser is the low bar? Is there even a middle ground? :P

I have been impressed with the Panthers so far this year. After they suspended Smith for the first two games, a lot of talking heads thought they would start the season 0-2, and maybe they should not suspend Smith (their best player). They stood by their rules and damn all of the consequences they suspended their superstar for sucker punching a fellow player. Its better for the team that they did not give Smith special treatment and now they are 2-0 and getting Smith back.

[quote name='Gold Storm' post='1520984' date='Sep 16 2008, 20.13']I have been impressed with the Panthers so far this year. After they suspended Smith for the first two games, a lot of talking heads thought they would start the season 0-2, and maybe they should not suspend Smith (their best player). They stood by their rules and damn all of the consequences they suspended their superstar for sucker punching a fellow player. Its better for the team that they did not give Smith special treatment and now they are 2-0 and getting Smith back.[/quote]

Just utterly solid. And with Steve Smith now they're solid and unstable. Solidly unstable.

Big week 3 coming up. Bunch of games where teams trying to build momentum are going against desperate teams with high expectations. Here's what I'm looking at:

Carolina vs. Minnesota - Minnesota needs this. Two brutal, close, losses to two good teams where if Tavaris was a[i] little[/i] better..they'd be 2-0.
Indianapolis vs. Jacksonville - Hard to imagine Jacksonville at 0-3.
Cleveland vs. Baltimore - Cleveland didn't get any favors from scheduling. Pittsburgh and Dallas to start the year? Now they gotta deal with the elusive Joe Flacco.
New York Jets vs. San Diego - Even for a Norv Turner coached team, those first two games were a whole new level of stomachpunch.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1521027' date='Sep 16 2008, 17.52']New York Jets vs. San Diego - Even for a Norv Turner coached team, those first two games were a whole new level of stomachpunch.[/quote]

As a Chargers fan, I am not too worried. I still see them going 5-1 in the division and at least 5-5 outside of it. And that will be enough this year, for a wild card at the very least. A win here is pretty important though.

If you are going to have a screw-up loss, doing so in your toughest road game in the division is the place for it.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPo4vKoPd8Y&eurl=http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/"]For those who went to sleep[/url] :rofl:

The funny thing about it, is that it needed to be challenged. It was called a touchdown.

Games I am curious about are Arizona at Washington. Who is going to take a step forward. And Dallas at Greenbay. How does Dallas do against a decent defense?

Man, looking at the 49ers schedule is depressing. Brutal. This team could show marked improvement and still finish up 5-11. If they don't beat Detroit, it could be a [i]long[/i] time before win number two.

I just realised they have a Monday night game. :huh: It's against the Cards, so I guess it should be competitive. :dunno:

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1521174' date='Sep 16 2008, 20.58']Man, looking at the 49ers schedule is depressing. Brutal. This team could show marked improvement and still finish up 5-11. If they don't beat Detroit, it could be a [i]long[/i] time before win number two.

I just realised they have a Monday night game. :huh: It's against the Cards, so I guess it should be competitive. :dunno:[/quote]

If they want to keep some hope alive for a competitive season, they NEED to win this week against Detroit. Good teams rarely face must-win games in week 3, but then, the 49ers may not be a very good team. If they can then steal one more win before the Week 9 Bye, I think they'll have a chance to be respectable (8-8, 9-7). But that's a truly brutal 4 game stretch starting next week-- @ New Orleans, New England, Philly, @ Giants.

Archived