NFL Week 2

Ser Paladin

[quote name='Starkess' post='1523745' date='Sep 18 2008, 16.16']I was worrying about that too, but it wasn't like Cassel didn't want to pass to Moss. The Jets had him double-teamed for pretty much the entire game, and Cassel did a good job of noticing when they didn't and trying for it (and oh how I thought they almost had it!). Obviously he can't bomb as much as Brady, that's just not who he is, but I think Moss will be utilized more than he was against the Jets.[/quote]

i don't disagree. your analysis makes a lot of sense.

unfortunately, Randy Moss does not.

;)

[quote]Or else he freaks out. :cry:[/quote]

Hopefully before week 7.

i took the under.

;)

I rarely read sports books but I just might have to get [url="http://www.amazon.com/Boys-Will-Be-Cowboys-Dynasty/dp/0061256803/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221852107&sr=1-1"]Boys Will be Boys[/url]. It's about the debauchery that was the Dallas Cowboys of the 1990s. I've heard the author on some sports radio talk shows and it sounds awesome. You can't go wrong with cocaine and lesbian orgies.

[quote name='H von T' post='1524826' date='Sep 19 2008, 12.26']I rarely read sports books but I just might have to get [url="http://www.amazon.com/Boys-Will-Be-Cowboys-Dynasty/dp/0061256803/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221852107&sr=1-1"]Boys Will be Boys[/url]. It's about the debauchery that was the Dallas Cowboys of the 1990s. I've heard the author on some sports radio talk shows and it sounds awesome. You can't go wrong with cocaine and lesbian orgies.[/quote]

Kissing Suzy Kolber went over some very interesting... highlights? lowlights?... of the book. I think this is one I'm going to have to buy myself.

Gotta say, the way Hochuli has handled the whole fallout just makes me respect him even more. He's always been the most straight-forward, open and honest refs in the game. Thorough and knowledgable. Even if you disagreed with his calls, you know why he made them. Here, even as he immediately realized the mistake he made...he wasn't given a mechanism to make it right. He followed the letter of the law...which is what he was supposed to do. He fucked up in a thousandth of a second and resigned himself to take the lumps that he would have to because the rule don't provide an alternative for this situation.

But talk about accountability. Can't recall anyone going to this extent, when he doesn't have to, to try to make up for an honest mistake. It's going to sound cheesy, but we could use more people like Ed Hochuli (think what kind of wicked biceps everyone would be rocking!) He can ref my game any day.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1525029' date='Sep 19 2008, 14.43']Gotta say, the way Hochuli has handled the whole fallout just makes me respect him even more. He's always been the most straight-forward, open and honest refs in the game. Thorough and knowledgable. Even if you disagreed with his calls, you know why he made them. Here, even as he immediately realized the mistake he made...he wasn't given a mechanism to make it right. He followed the letter of the law...which is what he was supposed to do. He fucked up in a thousandth of a second and resigned himself to take the lumps that he would have to because the rule don't provide an alternative for this situation.

But talk about accountability. Can't recall anyone going to this extent, when he doesn't have to, to try to make up for an honest mistake. It's going to sound cheesy, but we could use more people like Ed Hochuli (think what kind of wicked biceps everyone would be rocking!) He can ref my game any day.[/quote]

When things calm down a bit, I intend to send him a message to that effect.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1525029' date='Sep 19 2008, 17.43']Gotta say, the way Hochuli has handled the whole fallout just makes me respect him even more. He's always been the most straight-forward, open and honest refs in the game. Thorough and knowledgable. Even if you disagreed with his calls, you know why he made them. Here, even as he immediately realized the mistake he made...he wasn't given a mechanism to make it right. He followed the letter of the law...which is what he was supposed to do. He fucked up in a thousandth of a second and resigned himself to take the lumps that he would have to because the rule don't provide an alternative for this situation.

But talk about accountability. Can't recall anyone going to this extent, when he doesn't have to, to try to make up for an honest mistake. It's going to sound cheesy, but we could use more people like Ed Hochuli (think what kind of wicked biceps everyone would be rocking!) He can ref my game any day.[/quote]
I was actually just thinking about this last night, it has really been impressive how he's handled himself. Another thing I was thinking about was that had he made the "right" call, meaning given the Chargers the ball but stopped them where it was picked up, he would have been crucified even worse than he was at the onset of all the hoopla. I haven't really seen anyone consider, who was upset with the call, what the fallout would have been had he gone the other way.

Please Braylon Edwards don't make me look like (more of) an idiot. As many know this is my first year playing the Devil's sport known as (The Stock Market) Fantasy Football. I made my first trade as Ricky Williams was not getting it done for me. I have Brandon Jacobs, but as a #2 Ricky was not light'n it up. :smoking: (Clever huh?)

Here was the trade:

Space Bandito traded Larry Fitzgerald, Ari to UAD
SB traded Eddie Royal, Den to UAD
SB traded Selvin Young, Den to UAD

for
Clinton Portis, Was to SB
Adam Vinatieri, Ind to SB
Braylon Edwards, Cle to SB

So please get healthy Braylon and catch a few god damn balls. I figured I was ok letting go of two talented WR as I had Driver, Toomer, and two TE's Shockey and Winslow. Both TE's have also don't nothing for me. I needed to do something as I am currently 0 - 2. Tom Brady was my QB.

This fantasy minute brought to you by Bandito Bars: Nutty but smooth. :pirate:

Terrible early whistle just cost the Pats a touchdown. Cassel had a guy hugging him, broke free, and ran it in. The whistle blew the second the guys arms went around him. Sloppy officiating there. Now Cassel throws a pick. Great.

Commentators tried to call it protecting the QB, but fuck that. They would've whistled Eli's play in the playoffs if we were going to have refs whistle when QBs are touched by linemen.

While I agree that was another shitty whistle for the NFL the Patriots need to remember how to play Defense. Allowing Ronnie Brown to run free is bad. Allowing Pennington to throw for 300 yards is even worse. It is going to be a bad bye week in Boston if they lose this game.

Bengals gave me a scare, but I'm glad we're starting off 3-0 while playing in the NFC East.

The Redskins Defense is growing on me. I like what I'm seeing even if I don't know how much money was spent for it. I would have called some of the interceptions they've had as "lucky," but I think a pattern is growing here.

Damn. Why do we have such a hang-up on the Dolphins?? They manage to trip us up like no other team! Well, pick up, dust off, work hard over the bye week...and Chargers in two weeks. We've still got a winning record and a good team!

I was cheering for the Bengals today (I may harbor a bit of resentment towards the Giants...can't imagine why...) and thought they almost were gonna have it! But no.

Glad that Buffalo pulled it out. I like the Bills, and I mean, the Raiders? Really? They can lose to someone else later...like the Pats. :)

Archived