The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

On 6/30/2023 at 4:36 PM, The Wondering Wolf said:

Then there was an addition to the Rise of the Dragon errata page that I am not sure about. While F&B doesn't say that Rhaenyra knew about Daemon's death, the text does not exclude the possibility either.

I've rewritten the sentence explaining that there are no references about Rhaenyra knowing what happened to Daemon.

@Ran, seems like there's something wrong with authentication? Was in the middle of editing an article, and when I hit save, I got this:

Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. You might have been logged out. Please verify that you're still logged in and try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in, and check that your browser allows cookies from this site.

I did log out and log back in, and continued editing. The other article I was working on had an external link, so it gave me the captcha, but on save, brought the captcha up again as if I had done the math wrong. (I did not.) Several repeats with the same result, so I tried logging out and back in again. This time it didn't let me back in. The message there:

There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Please resubmit the form.

Same issue with login on other browsers (which I've never used for the wiki), so I know it's not just Firefox or my cookies there.

Not sure what the issue is, hopefully it can be fixed soon?

Edited by Mindset

• 2 weeks later...

Marlon Manderly page has a misinformation on how Marlon's personal sigil is three silvery mermaids on a violet field. There's nothing connecting Marlon to that knight.

Marlon Manderly - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

Val "stealing" Jarl also exists despite nothing in the text suggesting that. 

Val - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

On 7/20/2023 at 3:18 AM, Corvo the Crow said:

Marlon Manderly page has a misinformation on how Marlon's personal sigil is three silvery mermaids on a violet field. There's nothing connecting Marlon to that knight.

Marlon Manderly - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

Val "stealing" Jarl also exists despite nothing in the text suggesting that. 

Val - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

I checked it out and you are correct, so i have changed both.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 9:31 AM, Ran said:

@Mindset

Try now? Looked like a session cache got filled up and needed to be reset. I managed to get the error then after the restart was able to login.

Could this have happened again? I'm having the same situation which happened to Mindset. 

1 hour ago, Nittanian said:

Could this have happened again? I'm having the same situation which happened to Mindset. 

Try now. Seems to be working for me after a restart. You may need to try unchecking the "Remember my login" option for some reason.

47 minutes ago, Ran said:

Try now. Seems to be working for me after a restart. You may need to try unchecking the "Remember my login" option for some reason.

Yep, I was able to log back in and also save an edit which included an external SSM link. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

In A Feast for Crows Cersei X, Cersei thinks of Ser Harys Swyft as "The knight of the yellow chicken". Is Cersei just making a mistake here or did GRRM ? Because the Swyft sigil is a blue chicken in a yellow field.

I think GRRM intends us to read Cersei as impugning his courage -- "yellow" being the color of cowards in our world and, in that case, Westeros as well. S

• 2 weeks later...

@Potsk @direpupy @Abjiklam

I think showing the symbol for the Faith of the Seven in the infobox of the members of the Poor Fellows and the Warrior's Sons to be pointless since those characters already have either the Star of the Poor Fellows or the Sword of the Warrior's Sons. I vote to keep the Star and Swords but delete Faith of the Seven star, do you agree ?

However, as he was a septon before the Faith Militant Uprising, both the Faith and the Poor Fellows sigils can stay for Septon Moon.

18 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I think showing the symbol for the Faith of the Seven in the infobox of the members of the Poor Fellows and the Warrior's Sons to be pointless since those characters already have either the Star of the Poor Fellows or the Sword of the Warrior's Sons. I vote to keep the Star and Swords but delete Faith of the Seven star, do you agree ?

However, as he was a septon before the Faith Militant Uprising, both the Faith and the Poor Fellows sigils can stay for Septon Moon.

I do not agree, they are a part of the faith of the seven and are then a part of a sub group within the faith, so they are first and foremost members of the faith and that they are then part of a particular group within the faith is secondary. As such if you do not show there allegiance to the faith you are misrepresenting them. I think this is a bad idea and that the symbol of the faith should stay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 10:02 PM, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I agree with you, I'd rather keep the Faith of the Seven star only for septons/septa and other brothers/sisters. As you pointed out, it makes characters like Septon Moon stand out for being both a septon and a poor fellow.

14 hours ago, Abjiklam said:

I agree with you, I'd rather keep the Faith of the Seven star only for septons/septa and other brothers/sisters. As you pointed out, it makes characters like Septon Moon stand out for being both a septon and a poor fellow.

I would prefer using the Star of the Faith for the clergy people only and not pious people who join a military order but if that's not what the majority of people think then the situation stays as is. @Ran Do you have an opinion on the subject ?

17 hours ago, Abjiklam said:

3 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I would prefer using the Star of the Faith for the clergy people only and not pious people who join a military order but if that's not what the majority of people think then the situation stays as is. @Ran Do you have an opinion on the subject ?

They are brothers and sisters of the faith, the faith militant is a inspired by the real world medieval orders such as the templars and the hospitalers, and like them there members are warrior monks. They are not random pious people they are part of the organised faith, the symbols of there orders are nothing more then the symbol of the order within the faith they belong to, and as such it is a secondary symbol, the primary symbol should be the symbol of the faith they are sworn to and are a part of.

Edited by direpupy

19 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

The image in the infobox for Criston Cole displays an error message: "Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination". Does anyone know what's causing the problem ?

I think it has something to do with @Abjiklam recently changing the default image size for the infobox? Not sure why that was changed (especially considering that so many pages have images set to sizes to match the previous default image size). I'll change it back for the moment to see if it helps.