WorldCon

There is a fine and honoured tradition, I believe, of asking George questions with the preface, "Oh, Ran asked...", which usually leads to a radical acceleration of George's intake of alcohol ;) :cheers:

That said, those are good questions. Didn't he once say we would 'learn more' about the Isle of Faces and RAFOed further questions about it? Hmm.

Yes, I believe he did; but it was some years ago, and so I'm wondering if a change in his answer might indicate changes in his plans. For that matter, asking him whether we'll ever see Casterly Rock or Starfall would also be good questions (he said we'd see the Rock, way back when, and Starfall's been indicated as a locale we'd see via other sources).

folks we're a little concerned about the Delta hotel management being jerks. George wants to know if we should try to get up to the suite a little early. You can pm an answer to me, with room # and start time.

thanks

There is a fine and honoured tradition, I believe, of asking George questions with the preface, "Oh, Ran asked...", which usually leads to a radical acceleration of George's intake of alcohol ;) :cheers:

I'll now use that, if I ever get an opportunity to ask George a question. :)

Seeing Casterly Rock always remains possible if any Lannister of Casterly Rock POV is going to survive the series. In any case, one should think that they would go back home in the end ;-).

Another question could be to ask why Willas Tyrell remains unmarried. That is quite weird, him being Mace's eldest son and Heir to Highgarden, and his younger brother Garlan already being married. Since AFfC we know from Doran Martell that he needed to offer Arianne husbands she would reject to avoid suspicion.

So one should ask GRRM if the Tyrells already tried to betroth Willas to anyone, and if they did, why there was no marriage.

And Lady Olenna's (unlucky?) Targaryen prince still remains unknown as far as I know. I doubt that he would answer that question, but someone should try ;-).

Much more important might still be the question how Rhaenyra Targaryen died. Was she captured, and then publicly executed by Aegon's II. dragon, with Aegon III. watching in horror (then GRRM should also answer how it came that Aegon II. did not execute Aegon III. along with his mother?), or did she die during a battle/ambush?

And: How died Aegon II.? Did he survive his half-sister very long, or did he maybe die during the same battle that cost Rhaenyra her life?

Also interesting: Who was Rhaenyra Targaryen's 'Prince Consort' (as he was supposed to be the first Prince Consort Westeros would ever get, this is 'important')? Did he have Targaryen blood? And: Were Aegon's II. siblings (Rhaenyra's half-siblings) all in Aegon's camp, or did any of them support Rhaenyra during the Dance?

Had Daeron I. a Regent, and if he had, was the later Viserys II. his Regent?

What happened to the children of Daeron the Drunk and Aerion Brightflame?

When do we learn why and how the Arryns swore fealty to the Iron Throne?

When and how suspected Stannis that Cersei's children might not be Robert's? And does he regret how he handled things after Jon Arryn's death (leaving King's Landing, not trying to tell Ned and/or his brothers about it) as he thus is partly responsible for Robert's death?

Is any character going to talk about a certain Ser Mandon Moore in future volumes of the series ;-)?

Hey everyone

Quick post from the lobby of the party hotel. I just came from room 2815 where everything is now set up and ready for action. Everything is blue; blue lights, blue drinks and we have the lovely Blue Rose on the door to entice everyone to come in ;) This is going to be an awesome party.

Also it has been said before but it should be said again, everyone in the BWB is completely and utterly awesome in the amount of effort put in. So many people were there and we got the bed picked up and removed, seats rearranged, bar set up, decorations, signs and posters put up in record time. Good work everyone!

Here in good 'ol England reading your reports.

Enjoy your party and please someone, pull that GRRM magic twanger - in fact if all of you pull it at different times then we might get loads of pilot hints (as promised) and even book hints.

So no longer 'Ran said..' but 'If I pluck your magic twanger you will tell me.....'

Enjoy yourselves David

Don't forget the panel reports along with the party report! In fact, did anyone manage to get to Ellen Kushner's reading? She was reading part of a new Riverside story.

@ Ran

I Just drank to you. :cheers: and George. :cheers: Awesome questions. Wish we were there Ran...just wnt to the hotel website so I could get a stronger visual. We need more pictures indeed....

Here's to Brude! :cheers: Brude is a cool cat. heres to worldcon :cheers:

~~GuLp. Its ok I'm Ok It's just my allergies....~wipes an allergic tear away....

For those who didn't make the World Science Fiction Society business meeting (...), it looks like the Semiprozine category will be retained (good news for fans of Clarkesworld Magazine), the Related Works category has been amended so that a website could win out (hrm ... Concordance currenly through a major update, don't forget us for next year! ;), and Best Graphic Story has been ratified as a category but needs to be ratified in 2012 to stick.

Success. Things went well. We had a good turn out and all the BwB helped out to make the party awesome and, I thought, very welcoming. The drink of the evening was, yes, blue and was called the Blood of the Kraken. I just left sometime after 4am, and a whole gaggle of BwB was still spread out on the floor chatting it up.

The quest involved getting putini, and everyone received French knight titles, as did the lords and ladies. I was lorded - I thought being lorded sounded more menacing than being lady-ied. But it was in french, which entirely ruined the effect. So now I am a gender-confused Frenchman instead of being the Maege Mormont-esque bad-ass of my dreams. Ah well.

We're meeting to put the room back together again in 5 hours. Then lunch with George and Parris, I think. Then there is a reading at 3:30 by David Levine who is reading a new Wild Cards story!

Archived