How I Met Your Mother 2

Jaxom 1974

That and the fact that I don't think Zoe, who is at least of an age of the others (early 30s), would have been in that econ class Ted attempted to teach to. That's absoultely information Zoe would have divulged upon their meeting outside of the Arcadian.

Like I said, it would really be stretching, but its not impossible. ;)

Now that you mention the above point, I really hope that the "mother" was older than the usual college age student. It would be pretty creepy if 31 year old professor Ted was dating a 20 year old.

I guess I always assumed that the "mother" was older than your typical college student.

To me, the biggest hole in the theory is the roommate part. Unless and incredible amount of time passed between Rachel Bilson's roommate foot incident and Ted meeting Zoey (which hasn't been indicated) Zoey would have had to have been married to the Captain for like two weeks before she met Ted.

I don't think she's been built up enough to be the "mother" from a character standpoint, but I'm hoping she somehow leads TO the mother.

If I recall, I met Jaxon's mother at the titty bar.

:rofl:

Ah. Well. I'm merely an American and we use Celsius so I have zero idea how Fahrenheit actually works... :P

Wait, what? If you wacky Americans aren't using the obsolete abomination that is Fahrenheit anymore, then who does? And why is it so damn hot in your country all the time?

Being a Canadian, our ovens are measured in Fahrenheit. (Although, I thought "gee that joke doesn't make sense, 'cuz celcius would make it undercooked!)

And I hope Zoey is not the mother, but I like the actress. Although I am appreciating that Ted is less "douchey" this season.

i guess ted will meet "the mother" in season's finale at punchy's wedding, while he's in a relationship with zoe and fall head over heels in love with her.

i doubt the two of them will get together this season.

I didn't like Zoe much before, but I actually thought she was funny, likeable and kinda adorable in this one (sorry Jax)

Katy Perry creeps me the fuck out though.

Eh. I'm resigned. I take comfort in the fact that she can't be the Mother. If they ret-con things somehow that that actually happens though, I think my head might explode. :P

I didn't like Zoe much before, but I actually thought she was funny, likeable and kinda adorable in this one (sorry Jax)

Katy Perry creeps me the fuck out though.

Agreed on both.

I feel like the writers have to provide a plausible "mother" toward the end of each season in case the show does not get renewed, and then when they know the show will be renewed, they break it up or introduce a cliff-hanger in the final episode so that they have room for a new arc in the next season.

As the show runs longer and longer, it just cries wolf more and more and paints itself into a corner with clues that have to be ret-conned at the end. So far the ret-cons have worked really well and the red herrings are not too numerous, but it's getting stretched.

And for every Ted-crush that isn't the mother, it's just creepier and creepier that he's telling his kids about all these other women he loved and slept with.

And for every Ted-crush that isn't the mother, it's just creepier and creepier that he's telling his kids about all these other women he loved and slept with.

Be that as it may, I think you have to take it by suspending your disbelief as it is television...

Be that as it may, I think you have to take it by suspending your disbelief as it is television...

Also, I think Narrator Saget did acknowledge that idea once, when Ted said something to the effect of "Like I would tell my kids about this" and then Saget was like, "I'm kind of a terrible father, aren't I?"

I mean, he once told his kids about how he hooked up a threesome--or tricycle. :stunned:

Also, I think Narrator Saget did acknowledge that idea once, when Ted said something to the effect of "Like I would tell my kids about this" and then Saget was like, "I'm kind of a terrible father, aren't I?"

I mean, he once told his kids about how he hooked up a threesome--or tricycle. :stunned:

Ted never acknowledged whether he'd won the belt or not. He just tortured Barney with the did he/didn't he...

I love the episode, and the constant interruptions while speaking in the phone reminded me of my youth... Good one.

As for Zoe, it's far from my favourite character or actress, but I don't find her as terrible as this. I'd say she has some very good moments, such as her faces at the end when Ted was telling her the reasons he disliked her (before and after Marshall's call)

clues that have to be ret-conned at the end. So far the ret-cons have worked really well

I'm not aware of any retcon at this point. Perhaps there'll be in the future, but at this point I don't know of anything that has been said that it's inconsistent.

From the top of my head, we know that the mother:

• Was in a Saint Patrick's party, where she lost a yellow umbrella.
  • Was in an economy class (and probably will remember Ted when they'll meet).
  • She is/was Cindy's roommate, plays the bass, paints pictures of robots and shares musical tastes with Ted.
  • Ted will meet her in a wedding where he is the best man.

Bear in mind that he's narrating it in year 2030, and morals have loosened a little bit compared to nowadays. :blush:

The explanation for the burned dinner ("I thought it was Celsius!") didn't make sense. Or was that the joke?

They do, the problem is that any reasonable Celsius temperature to cook at is going to be colder than Fahrenheit. For example, 350F, a common baking temp. is only about 177 Celsius. So Robin would set the oven at 177, which would be cold for Fahrenheit. Basically, dinner would be undercooked, not burned. Still funny though.

Yeah, my point is that the food wouldn't have been burned. Because 100°F is ~40°C.

Being a Canadian, our ovens are measured in Fahrenheit. (Although, I thought "gee that joke doesn't make sense, 'cuz celcius would make it undercooked!)

Jesus Christ! How flipping hard is it to understand?

She didn't think the oven was in Celsius, she thought the recipe was in Celsius.

So, she sets the oven to, say, 400 Celsius instead of 400 Fahrenheit.

I mean, he once told his kids about how he hooked up a threesome--or tricycle.

Wasn't it heavily implied (or maybe stated outright?) that he hadn't told them the events of that episode at all?

She didn't think the oven was in Celsius, she thought the recipe was in Celsius.

No, she said "I thought the oven was Celsius". Good fanwank attempt, though.;)

Clearly, very hard to understand. :cheers:

Archived