How I Met Your Mother 2

Jaxom 1974

Now that was just a good great episode. Good throwback to the college days, Robin and Barney up to some crazy shenanigans, Lily and Robin in very flattering clothing (especially Lily :wideeyed: ), Ted not being a d-bag at all, touching moments from Marshall/Lily and Barney/Robin, Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

I'm all but convinced that Jennifer Morrison is also not the mother, and at this point if she is I will stop watching. I'm convinced she's not the mother because she said she married The Captain at 22, so why would she be living with Rachel Bilson 1 year ago? She ain't 23 right now. I would stop watching because firstly, it would piss me off that Ted ended up with somebody that could lie to his face with such ease and secondly, because Ted would likely end up with her because he was instrumental in breaking up her marriage. Neither of those things should lead to the happy ending we're expecting. I do think she will be involved in Ted's meeting the mother but I really hope she is not the mother.

Last night was a great episode. It encapsulated everything we love about the show. It's "B" stories were framed in the context of the "A" story. It had references to things that have come about in past episodes ("Do you want a hit of this sandwich?"). It advanced dnagling plots (Barney's dad, Marshall's desire to be a Environmental Lawyer). Plenty of great one liners ("Nothing for my friend, he's stuffed"). And a fun guest star in a quirky turn (Kyle McLaughlin as The Captain!).

And it gave us all hope that Jennifer Morrison is not going to be the Mother. Nay, cannot be the Mother. That makes me happier than a clam, actually.

I'm glad that no one likes Jennifer Morrison. She's clearly The Worst.

I enjoyed last night's ep a lot too. Barney and Robin were pretty fun. They seem to be setting them up again, but I don't really mind.

Lily talking to Extinct Marshall was a great scene in that they shot Lily from the top down and she has very nice breasts. Thank you, whoever directed that.

I'm glad that no one likes Jennifer Morrison. She's clearly The Worst.

I enjoyed last night's ep a lot too. Barney and Robin were pretty fun. They seem to be setting them up again, but I don't really mind.

Lily talking to Extinct Marshall was a great scene in that they shot Lily from the top down and she has very nice breasts. Thank you, whoever directed that.

HP, I like to believe, in my own mind, that my little rant about Jennifer Morrison when they announced she was going to be on the show, was epic in it's own way... :P

I'll add my voice to thinking this week's was a fun episode! Barney dressed in Egyptian costume while Robin stalked by in caveman apparel was awesome. Was sort of surprised by the reveal of Barney's parentage, though.

Now, as for the whole Jennifer Morrison thing... I figured she was the mother, but now I'm not so sure. They've definitely thrown us off the scent if she was supposed to be. If she is, they're going to have to do a lot of fitting in to make it work. As for the character herself, I'm not really sure what to think of her. The whole rich trophy wife thing seemed completely out of nowhere.

Now, as for the whole Jennifer Morrison thing... I figured she was the mother, but now I'm not so sure. They've definitely thrown us off the scent if she was supposed to be. If she is, they're going to have to do a lot of fitting in to make it work. As for the character herself, I'm not really sure what to think of her. The whole rich trophy wife thing seemed completely out of nowhere.

I thought that was right in line. Bored trophy wife out on the "Cause Trail". It might not be original, but it fit with the sense of the character.

And she won't be the Mother. She can't be based on existing evidence.

I thought that was right in line. Bored trophy wife out on the "Cause Trail". It might not be original, but it fit with the sense of the character.

I don't know. I definitely got the "young hipster with too much time on her hands" vibe in the first episode, which doesn't quite mesh with trophy wife. Though both can be annoying.

And she won't be the Mother. She can't be based on existing evidence.

You're just saying that because you hated her in high school. :P

I'm still open to the possibility. If she was the mother, I could see the writer's doing what they're doing to still cloud the issue. She would have had to be living with her friend over a year ago and gotten married afterward.

Or maybe she's another step towards meeting the mother? In any event, I don't know if I'm comfortable with the idea of Ted having an affair with a married woman. Kinda goes against everything he stands for. And I don't think he'd be telling his kids, "So yeah, when I met you're mom, she was totally some rich dude's trophy wife."

Or maybe she's another step towards meeting the mother? In any event, I don't know if I'm comfortable with the idea of Ted having an affair with a married woman. Kinda goes against everything he stands for. And I don't think he'd be telling his kids, "So yeah, when I met you're mom, she was totally some rich dude's trophy wife."

I wouldn't mind if the show went to a really dark place. "Kids, that's when we threw her husband's body overboard. And that's how I met your mother. Later Barney murdered a hooker."

Okay, first of all - loved this episode. Could not stop laughing at Ted whispering "Hershey squirts." Still crack up thinking about it.

Not much to add to what people have already stated, so I'm going to move on...

Next week it looks like Barney has finally found it. Not his dad, nope, been there, done that...but possibly the best dangling thread from last season. Yes, yes it is. The Robin and Alan Thicke Canadian Variety Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or not...but I think it is? Regardless, the return of ROBIN SPARKLES!)

Next week it looks like Barney has finally found it. Not his dad, nope, been there, done that...but possibly the best dangling thread from last season. Yes, yes it is. The Robin and Alan Thicke Canadian Variety Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or not...but I think it is? Regardless, the return of ROBIN SPARKLES!)

Not to mention her partner on the show, "Jessica Glitter"! Whoever the hell that is... :lol:

Casting Nicole Scherzinger as a Canadian teen star was a strange choice. If they could land her, why not cast a Canadian like Alanis Morissette or Avril Lavigne? At least those two have had a bit of acting experience (the only thing I've seen Avril do is play Dakota Fanning's sister on SNL, but at least it's something).

I was a bit disappointed by the Robin Sparkles side of the story, but I liked the B story. The wacky friend from out of town story has been done before, but I liked how they subverted it at the end. I wish they didn't introduce this character and the best man plot point in the same episode...it would have been nicer if it had some buildup. Think Barney's dad will be at that wedding too?

Casting Nicole Scherzinger as a Canadian teen star was a strange choice. If they could land her, why not cast a Canadian like Alanis Morissette or Avril Lavigne? At least those two have had a bit of acting experience (the only thing I've seen Avril do is play Dakota Fanning's sister on SNL, but at least it's something).

Is Cobie Smulders even actually Canadian? I never thought about it.

I was a bit disappointed by the Robin Sparkles side of the story, but I liked the B story. The wacky friend from out of town story has been done before, but I liked how they subverted it at the end. I wish they didn't introduce this character and the best man plot point in the same episode...it would have been nicer if it had some buildup. Think Barney's dad will be at that wedding too?

Points for Punchy not being a character completly out of the blue though.

Also, side note, but going through the IMDB page for HIMYM, I had no idea that the actress who's appeared as Marshall's mom is the same actress who played K'Ehleyr on STNG...

How could somebody not lke the latest episode? Robin's show was full of winthumbsup.gif

I thought the last episode was fairly funny in a sitcom completely unbelievable pointless way.

But I would agree that I am totally over this show. Ted is super annoying and I could not care less who fathered his kids. Also almost all Lilly and Robyn storylines are boring. All I have anymore is Barney and Marshall.

Seriously thinking about axing this from my DVR and just going with Big Bang Theory and Rules of Engagement as our only sitcoms.

I liked the Robin Sparkles show and the commentary about it, but pretty much everything else fell flat for me: Punchy, Robin's friend, and Lily's baby madness. It wasn't even close to the greatness of last week's episode.

Will Punchy's wedding, with Ted as best man, be the wedding shown at the start of the season?

Archived