Five Photos within Five Miles

Whitestripe

Uhh..thanks =) lol.

Sometimes the camera is listed and sometimes it's not. All mine were taken with a Pentax K100 DSLR. The boots, Delia in the yard, the yellow sign, and the lock were taken with macro lens that my FIL gave me. It belonged to him 40 or so years ago. The good thing about Pentax DSLR cameras is that every lens ever made for a Pentax will work with the camera. Of course a lens that old doesn't have auto focus, but it's fun to experiment with it.

And yeah, Relic, your pictures were incredible. I like the diversity of all our photos, but yours make me want to go to a big city immediately.

Vrana, it's like Saul Williams slammed ;) :

Intellect is like a major city

Laden with concrete, metal

Advanced modes of transportation

Shining buildings, and fenced in parks

Spirit is the mountain's forest wilderness

and vast countryside that surrounds it

Too many people live in the city

Struggling day to day for mere existance

Most have forgotten how to live off the land

They only experience nature on class trips

and short-term vacations

For those that live in the country

Cities are like amusement parks with high prices

and temporal satisfaction

At the end of the day, they are tired

and ready to go home, and relieve their ringing ears

Hopefully, there's going to be good weather the next couple of days so I can get some photos taken. I have some great pictures of where I used to live, but here... not so much. There's some photos up in my account (Flikr user name: Tir-anna), but not for this project.

PS, I would be interested in knowing what some of the cameras used are and I have to say...we have some pretty damn impressive photographers on this site.

I'm currently still trying to figure out my hand-me-down Nikon D70. I'm surprised Flikr doesn't list more info. I know if you post a photo onto Deviant Art, not only does it list your camera model, but all your settings (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, etc).

I think my pics will all have planes on them...they're the only vaguely interesting thing around here and I don't think I'll get anywhere interesting this week.

I hope the weather gets a bit better, grey planes in the grey gloom aren't very spectacular :(

I'm surprised Flikr doesn't list more info. I know if you post a photo onto Deviant Art, not only does it list your camera model, but all your settings (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, etc).

It does; you have to click through to it from the photo page though.

I have to say, I am really loving this project; it's so much fun to see these interesting shots from where everyone lives! :D Props to Lady Whitestripe for the idea! :cheers:

Mine are up, theres not much really interesting and I ended up sneaking a kid pic in just to make up the numbers.

If I manage to get my camera working before friday I might get something better (or maybe not, theres really not much worth seeing close enough).

Vrana, it's like Saul Williams slammed ;) :

Intellect is like a major city

Laden with concrete, metal

Advanced modes of transportation

Shining buildings, and fenced in parks

Spirit is the mountain's forest wilderness

and vast countryside that surrounds it

Too many people live in the city

Struggling day to day for mere existance

Most have forgotten how to live off the land

They only experience nature on class trips

and short-term vacations

For those that live in the country

Cities are like amusement parks with high prices

and temporal satisfaction

At the end of the day, they are tired

and ready to go home, and relieve their ringing ears

Heh, it's not going to sound believable but I was randomly listening to Black Stacey as I read your post.

Great Saul Williams piece, hadn't seen this one before, very true.

I'm surprised Flikr doesn't list more info. I know if you post a photo onto Deviant Art, not only does it list your camera model, but all your settings (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, etc).

Flickr does this, as well. If you look under where the camera model is listed, it has a link called 'More Properties'. All of that information is in there. Whenever a digital camera takes a picture, and saves it as a jpeg file, all of that information is saved within the properties of that file.

added mine.

This was a fantastic idea, its really bringing a smile.

Agreed. To be a bit soppy, it really brings home what an amzing, vibrant, international community this is. I love how we're building up a little potrait of the world.

You know what would be cool? to get a gallery to show it :)

Must actually get round to taking some pictures now.. I've only put one up so far because I wanted to do challenge specific ones.

Archived