NFL Offseason (cont.)

Mya Stone

In perhaps the least surprising news of the day Albert Haynesworth fails conditioning test

I actually feel bad for the Skins. They start moving in a positive direction and this guy decides to be a turd. He should call Greg Ellis (defensive end) who also balked at a move to the 3-4 but made the Pro Bowl as an outside linebacker. Nose tackles still make the Pro Bowl even though they don't get as many sacks as 4-3 3 technique tackle. See Jay Ratliff, Vince Wilfork, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton, Justin Smith, and Darnell Dockett.

Could the Pats make a conversion to more of a 4-3? I seem to recall they are deep upfront. Of course I know that is easily said than done because many parts don't fit.

Could the Pats make a conversion to more of a 4-3? I seem to recall they are deep upfront. Of course I know that is easily said than done because many parts don't fit.

The defense actually ended up playing a lot of 4-3 last year. I don't know if it's a philosophy change for Belichick or just the fact that he has plenty of good or serviceable linemen and a bunch of questions at linebacker. Probably the latter though.

The defense actually ended up playing a lot of 4-3 last year. I don't know if it's a philosophy change for Belichick or just the fact that he has plenty of good or serviceable linemen and a bunch of questions at linebacker. Probably the latter though.

I would think it has to be out of necessity. Belichick is a hardcore 3-4 guy, like Parcells before him.

Reports are beginning to surface that Lord Farve might actually not be coming back. I'll let you do your own research. If true I have one thing to say -- :lmao:

Ok two - :P

Minnesota might be a bit miffed if he doesn't. They'll have to rely on Tavaris Jackson. Has their Super Bowl window just closed?

In other news, Bengals will win the Super Bowl now that we've had our First Round pick signed. Once he learns the offense, we'll be dangerous. Just a fair warning.

Apparently the Star Tribune is reporting that he's out.

If anyone was on the fence about Favre's douche status... Not giving the Vikes a chance to draft or sign a QB ought to do it.

Apparently the Star Tribune is reporting that he's out.

If anyone was on the fence about Favre's douche status... Not giving the Vikes a chance to draft or sign a QB ought to do it.

Hey, the Vikings knew what this was. If they didn't make the move to shore themselves up, then that's their loss. Drafting a QB this year (if there was one there that they wanted) wouldn't have exactly killed the idea of Farve coming back...

Well, it's clear Childress made a deal with the devil last season and now it's time to pay up. Here's looking forward to the return of the Tavaris Jackson era!

As I understand it, it's to the point right now that most teams don't even want the #1 pick. I really liked what I saw from Stafford last year, but the money that these top QB's are getting is insane. It will set the Rams back big time if Bradford isn't a franchise QB. But because of the way things are right now, the teams that get the #1 pick pretty much have to pick the best QB that's out that year and gamble on them. I don't see it with Bradford, but one never knows.

Yes, it's awful from a value standpoint. The top 15 players in the first round earn as much as every other pick in the draft combined. Second rounders who are often just as good as first rounders (Drew Brees, Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson etc.) cost a tiny fraction of say a Jake Long or a Gerald McCoy which makes them infitinely more valuable. You can whiff on 7 second rounders and still not equal the negative financial impact of whiffing on Jamarcus Russell. It's really one of the most nonsensical compensation structures that exists in professional sports.

Yes, it's awful from a value standpoint. The top 15 players in the first round earn as much as every other pick in the draft combined. Second rounders who are often just as good as first rounders (Drew Brees, Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson etc.) cost a tiny fraction of say a Jake Long or a Gerald McCoy which makes them infitinely more valuable. You can whiff on 7 second rounders and still not equal the negative financial impact of whiffing on Jamarcus Russell. It's really one of the most nonsensical compensation structures that exists in professional sports.

Chris Johnson was a first round pick.

But yea, I'm with you. It's ridiculous.

Particularly when, unlike in the NBA, the top 15 picks have only modestly more value than the next 30 picks. I think anyone who is paying attention is hoping for a rookie pay scale or some sort of solution in the next round of bargaining. These overpaid rookies are just a joke.

This will probably be the last year under this structure, which is why Suh is demanding more money than Stafford...

Memo: Holding out does not make you popular, especially in a city like Detroit, and holding out after you came out on local sports radio of your own volition after being drafted specifically to say that you had chosen your representatives for the sole purpose of not wanting to hold out...

Well, you'd better come out of the gate like a madman.

Chris Johnson was a first round pick.

Hmm, you're right.

Though the contract for the 24th pick in the draft is in the same ballpark as second round compensation which is why Johnson was agitating for a new deal this offseason. Despite maybe the most dominant season by a RB ever, it's going to be a long time before he makes as much as Vernon Gholston.

There's an old parable that goes with this, involving a woman and an injured snake, and it ends, "Bitch, you knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

So, Favre looks like he is finally, finally retiring. And while this retirement (his third) is always subject to His Majesty changing his Royal Mind (like he sometimes does on critical 3rd down situations in NFC Championship games... ) this one looks like the final retirement.

Okay. Here is my question. When Favre is mentioned in retirement talks, they ALWAYS say that "Favre retires as the all-time leader in wins, passing yards and TDs"... am I the only one who says, out loud, "And INTS"? We all do that, right? I mean, the guy in second place has like 40 less. Its worth mentioning, right?

We'll see. What happens when that ankle starts to feel better?

Scenario. The Vikings move on from Farve. Band together around another QB either Sage, Tarvaris or someone they trade for. Then Farve calls from the airport asking for a ride come late August. What then. We all know Chilly will swallow his pride in a heart beat to go pick him up.

Wasn't Farve just playing with his high school buddies just a few weeks ago?

We all know Chilly will swallow his pride in a heart beat to go pick him up.

What pride?

Chilly's spineless.

ETA: Chilly's reaction:

Childress said that he's not aware of Favre telling anyone he's not playing. Seriously.

So either Childress is lying, or Favre has opted to tell folks other than Chilly -- even though the two men have spoken in the past 24 hours.

Childress reiterated that he won't be surprised if Favre does or doesn't play. "He's got to feel like he can jump all in," Childress said. "He's not a half-baked guy."

After further questioning on the matter, Childress said, "I feel like this is Watergate."

Archived