The Dumbest Status Presently On Your Facebook News Feed

Mack Kilimaro

Building my own DVR, part 6

OK, on my quest to add archiving, and transfer to my mobile phone, I've completed a few more research topics...

video editing and conversion. it raises the room temp in my office by 10 degrees..
Building my own DVR, part 5

I removed the old box (MSI Media Live), and plugged the new one in: 1) wired external antenna for WiFi card, and placed antenna atop of the credenza 2) moved the HDMI cable from the old box to the new one 3) moved the RG6 cable from the PCHDTV5500 in the MSI to the dual tuner HVR2250...

MythTV box installed and running. It works better than expected. FLRA A SUCCESS!
Have to postpone the FLRA until tomorrow. For now just recording old star trek movies.

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. It comes with pictures too! Yeah, I really give a shit, Dude.

Just a few from the last couple of hours:

--Went to the mall yesterday. Fuck yea!

--Dropping Linda off at school, then Poppy's. I 'SERIOUSLY' need a life!

--all done with my secretarial work, daycare hours and stubs in file, No not the trash neither, have to keep for 4 years, that is CRAZY!!!!!

Not quite on topic, but I have a bit of a Facebook dilemma. An old friend from Uni has asked me to Become a Fan of his business page, and usually I'm happy to do this, cos there's something to do with FB letting you have your own speshul URL if you have x number of fans, or something. Thing is, the guy runs an Alternative Healing Centre or some bullshit like that, and while it's not exactly White Supremacists R Us or anything quite that bad, it is also a bunch of utter useless crap to rip off the gullible that I just can't bring myself to endorse. At the moment I'm just kind of pretending I haven't seen the request.

What would you do?

:lol: I haven't actually seen him in about 15 years, nor am I likely to any time soon. I just feel quite bad cos he pulled himself out of a nasty alcoholic/homeless/junkie hole he'd dug himself into and feel I ought to be a bit supportive now he's doing OK. But I probably will end up ignoring the request, yeah.

Not quite on topic, but I have a bit of a Facebook dilemma. An old friend from Uni has asked me to Become a Fan of his business page, and usually I'm happy to do this, cos there's something to do with FB letting you have your own speshul URL if you have x number of fans, or something. Thing is, the guy runs an Alternative Healing Centre or some bullshit like that, and while it's not exactly White Supremacists R Us or anything quite that bad, it is also a bunch of utter useless crap to rip off the gullible that I just can't bring myself to endorse. At the moment I'm just kind of pretending I haven't seen the request.

What would you do?

If you ignore the fan invite, it doesn't notify the person who sent it. So the only way that this person would know that you hadn't accepted his invite would be if he's specifically looking for your name on his fan list, which would be pretty neurotic. It doesn't sound like you're his best friend - if this is his business, he probably invited everyone on his friend list, and a lot of people don't check their requests very often. So you're safe ignoring it, and if he brings it up specifically, then you know that he's probably not someone you want to be friends with anyway because he's keeping oddly close tabs on your FB activity.

I'm just kind of pretending I haven't seen the request.

What would you do?

Exactly that. Though in my case, it's almost always true. I see a request that doesn't include the word "friend" I delete that shit even if it's from my mom, Buster Posey, or the girl that gave me the best bj in my life. Why would I do such a thing? Because I would never know it was them that's how, I delete those non-friend requests so fast.

"I have faith in my future! Faith is a sounder guide than reason. Reason can only go so far--faith has no limits! I will expect miracles in my life because faith produces them everyday!"

Auto de-friend.

I post annoying shit just to rattle the worldview of those I'm annoyed with. I have quite a few friends who post bible quotes everyday. So occasionally I post bible quotes myself - the ones that have the potential for lulz. For example:

Timothy 2: 12

I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

Leviticus 20:9

If anyone curses his mother or mother, he must be put to death.

Exodus 35:2

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day a sabbath of rest to the lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

And my favorite, but I don't remember the exact book-chapter-verse. The verse basically says that pi=3.

Have a stupid vague one from the daughter of an older acquaintance (God only knows why she added me, but she's on the limited list until I can determine if she's a spy):

You don't do that. Ever.

I would like to comment: No one cares about your high school bf.

I also really hate self-pitying quotes:

is very proud of her boyfriend's Biology skills...at least ONE of us has to succeed! :P

This from a pre-med girl who, like all pre-meds, constantly believes that she's the stupidest person in the world. Her bf is a music major. If you want to rag on yourself, just post: "I suck."

I hate that less than the following:

Anything worth having is worth fighting for. If you won't fight for me, you don't deserve me.

How whiney can you be?? Be upbeat, like me! Here's my status:

Jordan T***** is 88% sure that he saw Gary Busey driving down the road in Arlington today. BEST DAY EVER.

"Anything worth having is worth fighting for. If you won't fight for me, you don't deserve me"

How whiney can you be?? Be upbeat, like me! Here's my status:

A friend of mine back in the US had that status. But hers are a litany of self-pitying, I-don't-want-to-be-alone updates. At least it's only changed to some other cry for attention and/or validation two or three times a week.

I have no idea what my status currently is. It might be blank.

I'm quite surprised that none of you who are friends with me on the facebooker haven't posted one of my many ludicrous and stupid status updates. Such as this beautify from the other day:

I feel so much better now that I have had frozen peas near my groin.

I have this one guy who always posts words of wisdom like:

"Never give your everything to someone who doesn't give you anything. . You'll only live in regret later."

"Man will NEVER chase what he feels he doesn't have to run for. ."

"Sometimes we have to break cycles and stop making excuses!ACTIONS show us how people really FEEL words tell us only what they want us to hear! We can't blame anyone else for the tears we cry cus sometimes we cause them by going in circles I HATE seeing people doubt themselves for people who aren't worth it. Know Your Worth ladies and gents!"

"Tears don't mean your loosing..."

That's from today and yesterday. Each one has about 10 likes and 3 comments agreeing.

Archived