The NFL thread #8

davos

So about that MVP race, Phillip who?

27 TDs, 4 INTs and an utter dismantling of another excellent defense. Considering what he's done to the Steelers and Jets I'd be very concerned Bears fans.

So about that MVP race, Phillip who?

27 TDs, 4 INTs and an utter dismantling of another excellent defense. Considering what he's done to the Steelers and Jets I'd be very concerned Bears fans.

Yeah, haven't seen an MVP race become so clearly one-sided in a week's time.

Although Vick can still make a late run.

Danny Woodhead isn't only 5'8", he looks and sounds like he's 17. It's seriously the most disorienting MNF interview I've ever seen. Why'd they bring the pretzel boy down from the stands?

Yeah, haven't seen an MVP race become so clearly one-sided in a week's time.

Although Vick can still make a late run.

Yeah, Vick's still out there as a darkhorse but, man, I'd be shocked if Brady gets unseated at this point.

Who let some high school New England fan onto the set? Ohhh, Woodhead...

Woodhead, Welker...Edel-man!

:rofl: That is awesome.

You know the difference between a winning Rex Ryan postgame conference and a losing Rex Ryan postgame conference?

Me either. (Although listening to him play humble mildly amusing.)

:rofl: That is awesome.

Toucher and Rich on 98.5 the Sports Hub makes my 1 hour morning commute totally bearable. Traffic on 93N at the junction with 128? Doesn't matter. They are generally hysterical. Tuesday mornings are always great with their game "The Gruden "This Guy" Challenge" - guess if Gruden refers to players as this guy, these guys, or just completely lies.

Sanchez showed today what happens when you aren't a very accurate quarterback. He does somehow have some intangible quality as a quarterback that he can get the job done in a lot of instances. Yet, he has more ugly completions than I've seen from any other "up and coming" quarterback and those turned into juggles/picks/etc. today. Last few weeks he has totally fallen back to earth to a 55% 1:1 td/int quarterback and this week was another step in the wrong direction.

Toucher and Rich on 98.5 the Sports Hub makes my 1 hour morning commute totally bearable. Traffic on 93N at the junction with 128? Doesn't matter. They are generally hysterical. Tuesday mornings are always great with their game "The Gruden "This Guy" Challenge" - guess if Gruden refers to players as this guy, these guys, or just completely lies.

Hmmmmm...pretty sure the Danny Mac show here in Chicago has had a ton of fun at Gruden's expense...they'll set an over/under on the "This Guy/These Guys" and then make an intern watch the game and count it up...

In some ways, I'll be sad that Gruden's going to leave the booth to coach again...and then I really think about it and it isn't that sad at all...

So... anyone still willing to say that the Broncos got the better deal out of the Cutler trade? Imagine if McDaniels hadn't run off all the talent... Cutler/Marshall/Royal/Sheffler/Hillis/Moreno with a good offensive line protecting them. The defense would still blow, but that's a scary lineup.

No, it wouldn't. It doesn't matter what else you have when a quarterback is stupid and a defense sucks.

"Turn out the liggghhhhts... the party's over... they say that all good overrated things must come to an end... "

What a complete ass kicking. What a complete wall-to-wall, 60 minute execution. Domination on offense, domination on defense. This was a tour-de-force on what a great team looks like versus a really over-achieving team. Whatever you want to say about this game, this game said one thing louder than anything else: the Jets are the second-best team in the AFC East. And its not close. And it was a little foolish of us to think it was.

The most amazing part was how absolutely pedestrian EVERY aspect of the Jets game looked. Completely harmless. Their running game was shut down almost entirely until late in the game; the passing game was useless and then a detriment to the Jets- Sanchez looked about as bad as he could have - my God: if only would could have predicted this. (the last incomplete pass when he was nearly picked off by Mayo on fourth down, we joked that it looked like Sanchez was signaling to Mayo "Hey, that was right in your hands! You gotta catch that!") Sanchez's final rating was 27.8. I'm not sure how he got 27.8 points but maybe he got 15 points for spelling his name correctly on his jersey. He looked... sooooo 2009.

And the third best QB in the NFL is the clear-choice for MVP. And that whole "Who is a better QB- Brady or Manning..." its such an in-play question again (or for some of us, still settled).

This was the most important regular season game in the last 2 seasons, some stated. Some claimed it was the toughest game to pick. And although Tom Jackson stated clearly that he was picking the "best team in football, the New York Jets..." something tells me we need a recount. The best team, with the best coach, and the best QB dominated a team with all the glitz, glamor, sizzle and style. And pounded them down into nothing.

It will be interesting to see how the Jets respond.

And it gets no easier for the Pats- at Chicago, home against GB, at Buffalo, home v. Miami. Not a gimmie anywhere in there.

So, the Pats have a lot of work to do; nothing is guaranteed. Lots of work to do. But they made it clear:

.... They're baaaaaaackkkkkkk ....

I meant anyone with an ounce of football sense...

Certainly, as I have been proved wrong with regards to football so many times over the past decade. Two, at least.

Get the fuck out of here with your personal attacks. Deal with the fact that Cutler is horrible or don't -- I don't care. He is not a top notch NFL QB, and never will be. He will never have a super bowl ring as a starter. Never.

And you can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong. I don't care either way.

Get the fuck out of here with your personal attacks. Deal with the fact that Cutler is horrible or don't -- I don't care. He is not a top notch NFL QB, and never will be. He will never have a super bowl ring as a starter. Never.

If your criteria is the supposition that he is too poor of a QB, in your opinion (I personally think the jury is still out), to ever win a Superbowl Ring as a starter, then you'll need some more data to back that up. Being a good QB or not has nothing to do with the Superbowl. Trent Dilfer has a Superbowl ring. Brad Johnson has a Superbowl ring. Dan Marino never won a ring. Jim Kelly never won a ring.

That argument is too similar to saying that Trent Edwards is one of the best QBs in the NFL this year because he's got awesome fantasy stats.

As I said, I personally think the jury is still out on Cutler. But if you're going to make broad sweeping generalizations about the guy, how about coming armed with some stats for once, rather than simply stating he's too horrible to win a Superbowl ring...?

Defend the position, don't just state it.

Archived