I hate cheese, District 9 and Lord of the Rings

denstorebog

I still like these. Can't explain it.

Ha! You think I'm afraid of one little tattoo! I accept your challenge! Except, instead of pistols at dawn, I challenge you to Call of Duty at Raidne's house! Should you not have your own controller, being a gentleman and all, I can provide one for you.

And, instead of death or tattoos, the consequences of losing will be drinks, or perhaps hot dog purchases! That is, as long as these higher stakes haven't deterred you.

i accept your acceptance of my challenge! i am without a controller as a real man i have always played my first person shooters with a mouse and keyboard. (you will probably dominate me)

i accept your acceptance of my challenge! i am without a controller as a real man i have always played my first person shooters with a mouse and keyboard. (you will probably dominate me)

Oh no, I'm someone that once preferred PC games too. This XBox360 I purchased last month is my first console since Nintendo 64. I was pretty good at Modern Warfare on PC... but (and I hate to admit it) I suck at Black Ops on 360. Part of it is that I don't know the maps, part of it is that I'm not used to the controls on XBox... but all of it is an excercise in getting my ass kicked every single time I get onto XBox live. I keep telling myself that I'll get better, but the process has been painfully slow. :crying:

Now I wanna go to a DC mini-meet so my daughter can kick your asses at Call of Duty and I can join in the on the S John IPA beat-down.

As I told Mr. chef above, I have very little doubt that your daughter could work me in Call of Duty Black Ops. If shes any good at all, its no contest. Unless the medium is Modern Warfare on PC, thats is my natural element. :ninja: As for the rest of it, a trip to DC including a visit with the local BwB is always a good idea! (except of course for the part where I get beat-down get poo thrown at me, that doesn't sound like as much fun)

1. Like others have said above, the beach. Call me unAustralian if you must, but I hate going to the beach. Sand everywhere, sunburn (even if I am slathered in suncream), headache from squinting etc etc.

2. Also like others have said upthread - Arrested Development. In the the three episodes I have been forced to sit through and every trailer I have ever seen of this show, I have not laughed once. Equally unfunny is that old bloke Larry whatshisname.

3. Mangoes. If one accepts the media hype they are supposed to be the best fruit ever, yet they have the consistency of that horrible 80's toy "Slime".

2. Also like others have said upthread - Arrested Development. In the the three episodes I have been forced to sit through and every trailer I have ever seen of this show, I have not laughed once. Equally unfunny is that old bloke Larry whatshisname.

This is the point where you gracefully admit that perhaps you simply have no sense of humor.

I just switched the channel briefly to Letterman, and Cosby is the guest. Which made me think I'm one of the few people in America who cant stand his humor (and never saw his TV show either).

It would be like a Brit not liking Ricky Gervais or something.

1. Like others have said above, the beach. Call me unAustralian if you must, but I hate going to the beach. Sand everywhere, sunburn (even if I am slathered in suncream), headache from squinting etc etc.

3. Mangoes. If one accepts the media hype they are supposed to be the best fruit ever, yet they have the consistency of that horrible 80's toy "Slime".

Stubbs, I'm not the UnAustralian police or nuffin but this is beyond the pale. To not like mangos and the beach is to break the Australian social contract in deep and frightening ways.

Stubbs, I'm not the UnAustralian police or nuffin but this is beyond the pale. To not like mangos and the beach is to break the Australian social contract in deep and frightening ways.

I can be as ocker as the next bloke - as long as it's not on the beach or eatin' mangoo.

Slime was the bestest toy, heathen. It convinced me of the existence of Santa Claus, as my parents vowed never to get it for me.

Slime was the bestest toy, heathen. It convinced me of the existence of Santa Claus, as my parents vowed never to get it for me.

I bet you never got it in your hair, and then needed to have the number 1 buzz cut to get it out. :P

I think we must be related.

Ack! They're everywhere!

My hates:

Egg. I am not allergic to egg. I eat it in cakes and mayonnaise, drink it in milkshakes, can tolerate small amounts in fried rice or pad thai. It just triggers my gag reflex if I can taste or smell it strongly enough. Don't know why. Keep it away.

People who insist that Association Football be called either 'soccer' or 'football'. You people are inanity personified. 'Football' refers to a bunch of games that were codified in the 1800s out of historic ball-related village/school mud brawls not your favourite of said codes. 'Soccer' is an abbreviation of 'Association Football' invented by Victorian toffs and you can only insist on it if you promise to spend the rest of your life saying things like 'I say, Snedders has come a cropper at the tables! What a rum cove!

ETA - I don't personally wear jewelry, most of the time not even my wedding rings...but it doesn't bother me when other people wear jewelry, so I didn't say "jewelry".

This is going to be me someday.

I have to admit that part of what makes me averse to jewelry is my inability to wear it without playing with it. I'd lose a wedding ring so fast that it would be depressing. I have two nice rings-- one of which is a family heirloom-- that I rarely wear because I spend so much time fiddling with it. My cousin just married a woman whose family is from India and has a tradition of wearing a gold chain around her neck instead of a wedding ring--I like this idea and find it far more suitable, since the only jewelry I don't lose are necklaces that I don't take off (I have a few pendants that I am quite fond of) and plain stud earrings. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 21, and my mother tends to have incompatible taste, but did give me a pair of inexpensive (which I know because she accidentally left the price on) diamond studs for my 25th birthday that I have worn every day.

But mainly, I look at ads for department store jewelry sales and think most of it is ugly, especially anything heart-shaped, or those 'journey' pendants, or.....well, the list pretty much includes everything.

1) people who dress their babies fashionably and think they are pretty in their tiny tuxedos or hip outfits.. it looks creepy

2) The Mona Lisa. ( the actual painting) i don't understand what the fuss is all about. she is ugly and looks ill too.

I hate Horza, U2 and the butterfly effect.

Since when am I something everyone else likes? :P

more:

Harry Potter. I read a lot of good YA fantastic fiction as a youngling. Potter leaves me cold. It's not bad or anything but that JK Rawlings guy writes just a little too cute and self conscious for me.

The Dark Knight - this thing is already stupidly high on the IMDB.net Best Move ranking. It won't last. Ledger is brilliant, but otherwise it's a pretty conventional action movie that is nowhere near as clever or as dark as it wants you to think it is.

Archived