The Good Wife

Datepalm

Have you read any of the stuff Edward Snowden leaked or even wikileaks? They tap anyone within 2-3 steps removed from a suspected or known terrorist. They keep track of all the calls, texts, emails that we've sent (it's all stored on computers), technology-wise they can listen anyone's phone call, read any email etc. So for Florrick-Agos to be tapped all they needed was a client, friend or associate with ties to a suspected terrorist or a client, friend or associate with ties to someone with ties to a suspected terrorist. Or a client, friend or associate who was a suspected terrorist. I think the election stuff was just info they shared with that federal agency (because they learned about it through the wiretap), just like they shared information about Lemond Bishop with the DEA.

Anti-semitic teddy bear is the best.

I loved the way the episode practically oozed contempt for New York. (This show is set in Chicago and don't anyone forget it!) And Alicia's speech not being some perfect triumphant masterpiece despite everything.

And so many elevators...

Nice to see Alicia and Will bury the hatchet a little (I assume this voter fraud thing is really going to fuck him over and she'll come through,)

Those flashbacks were bittersweet. The rejections were heartbreaking, and at the same time, we could see how much she owes Will, and how she herself is aware of that.

Margulies is such a terrific actress. You could see the difference between naïve Alicia of the past and present Alicia. And nobody can do the whole eyes-well-up thing better than her.

Elsbeth is a goddess.

Elsbeth is one of the greatest characters ever created, simple as that! I kind of miss her interactions with Eli, though.

Nice to see Alicia and Will bury the hatchet a little (I assume this voter fraud thing is really going to fuck him over and she'll come through,)

I'm wondering how much time she'll actually have for that, actually. I mean, Will's last line was a huge Chekhov's gun, but Alicia's position seems even more precarious than his at this point. I'm thinking he will testify against Peter, and that will probably lead to disbarment - for good, this time? That video settles it.

Margulies is such a terrific actress. You could see the difference between naïve Alicia of the past and present Alicia. And nobody can do the whole eyes-well-up thing better than her.

Margulies, and her chemistry with Clooney, were the main reason I watched E.R. for so many years. She's certainly one of the best actresses in American TV.

Elsbeth is one of the greatest characters ever created, simple as that! I kind of miss her interactions with Eli, though.

I'm wondering how much time she'll actually have for that, actually. I mean, Will's last line was a huge Chekhov's gun, but Alicia's position seems even more precarious than his at this point. I'm thinking he will testify against Peter, and that will probably lead to disbarment - for good, this time? That video settles it.

I figure Alicia will try to do right by Will even if it puts her herself in harm's way. Or Peter in harm's way? This could go down as having choose between Will and Peter in a whole new way.

Oh, and how devastating was Alicia castigating herself with Jackie?

Carrie Preston is always awesome. I wish there was more of her character on Person of Interest as well.

I don't think Will (or Alicia, or anyone) will get disbarred because that essentially means he's out of the show.

I can see however Will testifying against Peter and as a result losing a crapload of clients, forcing LG to pretty much go under and have to fire most people. There isn't much future for a lawyer that breaks attorney-client privilege, specially if said client is the governor of Illinois.

Even more if Peter's not really convicted of anything, which is a strong possibility both for narrative purposes (having him as governor opens up a lot of storyline possibilities) and practical ones- powerful people getting away with stuff in which there isn't an overwhelming amount of proof against them isn't exactly new, even more in this case because we know that initially Peter didn't had anything to do with it.

Okay...Elsbeth landing "Claire Kincade" to start up their own firm? That seemed to come out of nowhere a little bit, but that's this show and how it goes sometimes. Will we see Jill Hennesy again? Seemed kinda off in the presenation of her being this bigshot lawyer yet we hardly see her. Felt like grouondwork for the future.

After reviewing the preview for next week, I'm putting my chips on the "Big Reveal" to be either the arrest of Will, or someone shooting that other shady lawyer he brought in...

Carrie Preston is always awesome. I wish there was more of her character on Person of Interest as well.

I didn't even know she was on that show; now I finally have a reason to watch it!

I don't think Will (or Alicia, or anyone) will get disbarred because that essentially means he's out of the show.

I can see however Will testifying against Peter and as a result losing a crapload of clients, forcing LG to pretty much go under and have to fire most people. There isn't much future for a lawyer that breaks attorney-client privilege, specially if said client is the governor of Illinois.

Even more if Peter's not really convicted of anything, which is a strong possibility both for narrative purposes (having him as governor opens up a lot of storyline possibilities) and practical ones- powerful people getting away with stuff in which there isn't an overwhelming amount of proof against them isn't exactly new, even more in this case because we know that initially Peter didn't had anything to do with it.

It makes sense. And then Alicia would be the one to hire him, or at least make the offer? I'd be fine with that.

I didn't even know she was on that show; now I finally have a reason to watch it!

She's not on it much but she does get to be a beau to her real life husband so that's always great. Still, PoI is one of the best shows on TV right now, just get past episode 7 before deciding whether you like it or not as it's a slow starter.

Nice to see this thread active again. I liked last Sunday's episode, and in fact, this was the best episode of GW since the hell broke loose with Florrick/Agos. I agree with Datepalm about Alicia's speech not being some masterpiece hailed by everyone, slow clapping and other cliche nonsense like that...

Also, Elsabeth, my God, Elsabeth... Her scenes are joy of the show and that woman does amazing job... I mean "anti-Semitic teddy bear"...

I also liked how Alicia kept her story far from feminist empowerment angle (even though that her story in fact is). That gave rather humane and deep notion of her story, not just typical heroism that is usually used in these situation. All and all, deftly handled flashbacks...

It's a relief to me now that Alicia and Will kind of made things up last week, because it would have been even more awful for her if they hadn't.

After watching the promo for the rest of the season, now I can see Alicia leaving Peter after all; possibly even running against him at some point. It would neatly refocus the "good wife" premise of the title.

Archived