The Good Wife

Datepalm

Dear Lord on Heavens... WTF have I just seen?

Make no mistake, this is 10.000 times worse than RW. For RW I was prepared, for this... Complete shocker

Well now we know what's the RW episode they talked at the beginning of the season...

Also, for those who have seen the episode from last night, here is something from the creators Robert and Michelle King

DO NOT READ IT UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN EPISODE 5.15

Dear Loyal Good Wife Fans,

We, like you, mourn the loss of Will Gardner. And while Will is gone, our beloved Josh Charles is very much alive and remains an integral part of our family.

The Good Wife, at its heart, is the “Education of Alicia Florrick.” To us, there always was a tragedy at the center of Will and Alicia’s relationship: the tragedy of bad timing. And when faced with the gut punch of Josh’s decision, made over a year ago, to move on to other creative endeavors, we had a major choice to make.

We could “send willgardnerhim off to Seattle,” he could be disbarred, or get married, or go off to Borneo to do good works. But there was something in the passion that Will and Alicia shared that made distance a meager hurdle. The brutal honesty and reality of death speaks to the truth and tragedy of bad timing for these two characters. Will’s death propels Alicia into her newest incarnation.

Death also created a new dramatic “hub” for the show. We’re always looking for these turning points—some event midway through the season that will spin everybody’s lives in new directions. These turning points keep the show from slipping into a numbing sameness, and keep the characters fresh: because you see how they react to a completely new status quo. Will’s death in many ways becomes a hub for the whole series, violently spinning everybody in new directions.

Finally, we chose the tragic route for Will’s send-off for personal reasons. We’ve all experienced the sudden death of a loved one in our lives. It’s terrifying how a perfectly normal and sunny day can suddenly explode with tragedy. Television, in our opinion, doesn’t deal with this enough: the irredeemability of death. Your last time with the loved one will always remain your last time. The Good Wife is a show about human behavior and emotion, and death, as sad and unfair as it can be, is a part of the human experience that we want to share.

Thank you for listening…and watching and caring and inspiring us to rise to the level of your passion and intelligence. There are seven wonderful episodes to follow this season and Josh will be directing one of them. We think you will enjoy them. It’s not all tears — there is comedy too. Michael J. Fox is back for four episodes. Dylan Baker. Dallas Roberts. Stockard Channing, as well as amazing new guest actors. And of course, Julianna does some of the best work of her life. Archie, Christine, Alan, Chris and Matt as well. Life does go on.

We’ve always taken as a guiding principle of this show that drama isn’t in the event; it’s in the aftermath of the event. We think you’ll find that true of this episode

Thank you for your devotion to the show – we are continually grateful.

With all our thanks,

Robert & Michelle King

This season is by far the best season of all times...

So...now the shock has worn off a little...the "rest of the season" promo...

Diane seems to be scrambling to fill up the empty seat at the top of the firm...(bringing in Canning?) is Lockhart/Florick/Agos an option?

Holy shit, that was certainly unexpected!

The moment we saw he was shot, I thought he would still survive, you know, maybe sustaining some serious injuries, needing a wheelchair, whatever. I should have know better; the creators of this thing are much worse than GRRM!

F*ck, my ship has sunk :bawl:

I should have know something like that would happen the moment Alicia and him seemed to be getting to an understanding. And all because of a spoiled little rapist asshole. I'm feeling really bad right now, and that teaser for the rest of the season only made me few worse, particularly about Diane and Alicia. I guess I never thought this was a show that would kill one of its main characters, you know. But then, I used to think the same about ER...

I honestly don't care what happens to the series at this point, as long as Alicia doesn't get happily back with that terrible husband of hers.

Well, at least there was Matthew Goode to make me mildly happy at the beginning of the episode, and Michael J. Fox returning soon... :crying:

Ok, here's the quest for you. Can anyone tell me without spoilers why you were all so excited? Someone died or what? Something irreversible occurred?

We can't tell you much without spoilers. But yes, it's irreversible. Suffice it to say, it's been ten minutes and I'm still crying, and I'm getting seriously worried about having to leave the house in a few hours with my face all red and swollen. :crying:

Diane seems to be scrambling to fill up the empty seat at the top of the firm...(bringing in Canning?) is Lockhart/Florick/Agos an option?

I'd like that, it would be a bittersweet enough solution, but probably not something that is happening any time soon.

That is my assumption, though I think it's possible you won't see Lockhart/Florrick/Agos until the end of next season.

Diane is absolutley looking to prevent David Lee from staging a coup in the wake of these events. How is that bad boy lawyer that sicced the lady cop on Kalinda going to play into this too?

Ok, here's the quest for you. Can anyone tell me without spoilers why you were all so excited? Someone died or what? Something irreversible occurred?

Just watch it! Walk away from the thread and watch it.

Yes, I think so, although it'll be an almighty battle on the way there.

The episode before this one was so good -- I just caught up with it yesterday because I've been on the road with no time to watch anything at all. And now -- this.

Heartbroken, at least in as much as one can be about a person of fiction, on a television series -- because I know from terrible personal experience that this is nothing at all like the real thing.

I actually think this will be good for the show, but then again I was tired of the love triangle and will they or won't they with Alicia and Will. Now she can divorce Peter if she wants without it going back the Alicia & Will thing. I think it might bring new energy to the show, to the personal lives of some of the characters, even more than the making the firm of Florrick/Agos did.

What does this do to the voter fraud case the investigator was building against Peter? If I were Peter, Will's death would be almost a good thing, because it would take out an uncomfortable witness and remove my wife's other interest. And I wonder how obvious that relief will be to Alicia: from the promo, this is stirring up a lot of things between them.

I don't know about this... It does sound tempting, but at the same time wrong... It's a step back and I don't like those...

What does this do to the voter fraud case the investigator was building against Peter? If I were Peter, Will's death would be almost a good thing, because it would take out an uncomfortable witness and remove my wife's other interest. And I wonder how obvious that relief will be to Alicia: from the promo, this is stirring up a lot of things between them.

I am not sure, but I doubt it will end that easily. I think we might see a lot of friction between Peter and Alicia in the awakening of Will's death. Also it should be noted that Alicia is still being under surveillance, plus I shouldn't be surprised that Alicia turns her back to Peter. It indeed would be interesting, especially given that Peter's line "We are all we have". I somehow think Alicia might start reevaluating Peter completely.

I actually think this will be good for the show, but then again I was tired of the love triangle and will they or won't they with Alicia and Will. Now she can divorce Peter if she wants without it going back the Alicia & Will thing. I think it might bring new energy to the show, to the personal lives of some of the characters, even more than the making the firm of Florrick/Agos did.

I was also tired of it, but this was rather extreme way to end the triangle

Diane is absolutley looking to prevent David Lee from staging a coup in the wake of these events. How is that bad boy lawyer that sicced the lady cop on Kalinda going to play into this too?

This death opened many doors. I am so torn between many show's storylines that I don't know which one of them I prefer --- Alicia/Peter, Kalinda's loss, Carey possibly being "the new Will" or Diane's struggle. So many delicious possibilities... (I know I am horrible human being :)) I also wonder about bad boy lawyer and I would hate that end to remain unsolved...

P.S. I hate spoiler tags... :)

Everything, I think, changes now.

Without Will, there is no leverage on Alicia. There's no leverage on Eli. There's no going after Peter on this. At least not so directly. There's no way this story goes away, but now I see it morphing into how they're going to close the loop o nthe NSA stuff.

With the Voter Fraud stuff, were the two new ballot boxes and their videos a little out of left field? There was zero indication that there was anything like that out there that I recall. Is it meant to imply Peter's more knowledgable than we thought on this...?

The actor who played Will wanted to leave the show.

I have read about that today, but that's not my point... There were many other ways to end the triangle issue. But since Charles wanted to leave, I imagine they seized the opportunity to tackle both problems at hand.

:agree:

The series is ultimately about Alicia, not Will nor even Alicia and Will. Without having to deal with that triangle of will she won't she who will she the series seriously passes the Bechdel Test, which will make it even stronger and more interesting. There are so many ways in which a central protagonist as woman can be interesting and dramatic without the romance thang.

I will predict (and not mind either, probably, if I turn out to be wrong) there will be a very angry show-down between Alicia and Peter that will have something to do with Zach and Grace = mother. But again, a woman can be interesting without the mother thang as well!

:agree:

The series is ultimately about Alicia, not Will nor even Alicia and Will. Without having to deal with that triangle of will she won't she who will she the series seriously passes the Bechdel Test, which will make it even stronger and more interesting. There are so many ways in which a central protagonist as woman can be interesting and dramatic without the romance thang.

I will predict (and not mind either, probably, if I turn out to be wrong) there will be a very angry show-down between Alicia and Peter that will have something to do with Zach and Grace = mother. But again, a woman can be interesting without the mother thang as well!

Well the previews for next week did show a big fight between Peter and Alicia.

Archived