Community - Season 2, thread 2 [SPOILERS]

Brude

I love how when Abed goes into character he totally can turn Annie on. He did the same thing last season when he went all Don Draper on her and she puckered up for a kiss. Annie covered in paint and breasts heaving with desire= humina humina humina boomski!

Great finale.

Maybe the bar was set too high with the absurdly great and stylized Sergio Leone inspired part 1, but part 2 felt a bit weak to me. Of the three paintball episodes felt like this one had the least inspiration behind it. Maybe it's because Star Wars has been parodied a million and a half times or maybe it's cause this one felt a bit halfhearted - just Abed getting into it, but I'm usually more into what Community's selling.

Anyway, I like what they did with the Pierce ending. Shows this world isn't static. Or that the "Pierce is evil" storyline didn't just exist to get wrapped up in a nice little package during the climax. Makes me curious how they play it from here.

Finale had some hilarious bits and great homages, but it really didn't have as much character to it as I was hoping. After A Fistful of Paintballs, concluding with a "normal" episode was a bit of a letdown. I think my biggest complaint was City College being responsible for the tournament. The beauty of Greendale is just how inconsequential the school is, I mean, they're always joking about how cheap or poorly run it is, so the idea of Greendale even registering on City College's radar kind of ruined the joke for me.

That aside, my only nitpick was the fire alarm system. Only an episode or two ago we had definitive evidence the Dean completely skimped on fire safety. They put it in an endcap, for Pete's sake. Why did they rely on it working now? Don't get me wrong, the visuals of the orange paint flowing through the sprinklers were amazing, but it shouldn't have worked at all lol.

Yeah, count me in the "let down" crowd. It was entertaining, definitely, but it felt pretty weak.

Looks like Abed brought in reinforcements from Cougar Town.

That was hilarious. My friend noticed the chick and I noticed the dude, then we rewound and :lol:'ed.

That aside, my only nitpick was the fire alarm system. Only an episode or two ago we had definitive evidence the Dean completely skimped on fire safety. They put it in an endcap, for Pete's sake. Why did they rely on it working now? Don't get me wrong, the visuals of the orange paint flowing through the sprinklers were amazing, but it shouldn't have worked at all lol.

Troy said he would make it happen. Recall the Good Will Hunting homage when he was revealed to be a pipefitting/ plumbing savant.

Troy said he would make it happen. Recall the Good Will Hunting homage when he was revealed to be a pipefitting/ plumbing savant.

oh no, I totally get Troy hooking the paint to the sprinklers. I'm saying, the Fire 'pull' switch didn't actually exist at all. There was no real fire protection system, as evidenced when Troy and Abed tried to pull the fire alarm to prevent taking their Final.

oh no, I totally get Troy hooking the paint to the sprinklers. I'm saying, the Fire 'pull' switch didn't actually exist at all. There was no real fire protection system, as evidenced when Troy and Abed tried to pull the fire alarm to prevent taking their Final.

This is a really good point.

Troy must be a better plumber than we can possibly imagine. :P

ETA: Always entertaining hearing what Dan Harmon says about things like this. Can't wait 'til Season 2 DVD comes out.

Can't forget to mention the two college flags. City College's phallic looking skyscraper flag asceding on the flagpole toward Greendale's pink star! :lol:

I enjoyed the finale despite it being the lesser of the two parts. I mean Part 1 is one of my all time favourite community episodes EVER! Rewatch value is amazing.

But yeah the finale was awesome because the writers weren't afraid to honour Pierce's evil story arc. They didn't cop out is what i like.

One thing they could fix for next season though is Chang's role. He didn't have a place this entire season and i felt they just kept him to entertain that niche who are crazy fans of him.

One thing they could fix for next season though is Chang's role. He didn't have a place this entire season and i felt they just kept him to entertain that niche who are crazy fans of him.

Dan Harmon said he likes the idea of Chang being back in an authority position, something he came to appreciate from The Hangover. Don't have any links just this second, but if you do a Google search for Dan Harmon + Season 3, you should find a few interviews where he states as much.

I agree re: Chang.

Season 1 Chang was so much better than Season 2 Chang. They overplayed his antics too much in Season 2 and it was funny at first but it ended up turned him into a bit of a caricature and I think it wore a little thin.

Archived