Community - Season 2, thread 2 [SPOILERS]

Brude

Going through a rewatch of season 2 and noticed something this time around; in episode 16, the Pierce is dying/documentary ep, they're talking about how Pierce overreacts and one time pulled the fire alarm because he had the hiccups. Looks the paint in the fire sprinklers from the finale wasn't continuity breaking after all, the endcap with the non-existent system was.

Is it possible that the whole system isn't fake, just certain parts of it? Maybe it was out of code, and to bring it up to code was too expensive, so they made some cheap aesthetic changes to make it look legit.

Is it possible that the whole system isn't fake, just certain parts of it? Maybe it was out of code, and to bring it up to code was too expensive, so they made some cheap aesthetic changes to make it look legit.

More than possible. Logically, I can't see them installing a fire system but skimping on two or three pull toggles, but I really shouldn't be nitpicking; I never once challenged their AC solution to the zombie problem :lol:

More than possible. Logically, I can't see them installing a fire system but skimping on two or three pull toggles, but I really shouldn't be nitpicking; I never once challenged their AC solution to the zombie problem :lol:

Wasn't there an ep where Troy and Abed pull one of the alarms and the Dean sees them? The Alarm is fake that get's pulled off the wall?

Wasn't there an ep where Troy and Abed pull one of the alarms and the Dean sees them? The Alarm is fake that get's pulled off the wall?

Yep, that's the endcap I mentioned previously.

3 references to the fire alarm system: First was a reference in the Pierce documentary (Pierce had hiccups and pulled the fire alarm), followed by the endcap where Troy and Abed try to pull the alarm to get out of taking a final, then in the finale, they use the fire alarm system's sprinklers as a paint delivery device.

In two instances, the alarm system apparently works fine, but in that one endcap, some aspect of the system is a fake.

AHAHAHA. Abed was just on "Cougar Town" He was in the background while Laurie and Travis were talking while at Subway. He was drinking a Starbucks coffee and he begins to noticibly eavesdrop on their convo to the point where he mimics Laurie's gestures and then runs away. :lol: The product placement was totally over-the-top. I've never seen that on "Cougar Town", I wonder if they were having some fun with shows like "Chuck" that do it a lot.

Just in case anyone wanted to see that.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to express my disappointment that the first season of Community is apparently not yet avaiable in Blu-ray (or at least, a visit to Amazon yields a "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" message). :( Why is it taking so long, especially when it's already available in regular DVD format?

At least on the plus side, of the 127 Amazon reviews of the series as of this post, 121 are five-star ones. :)

This is great. AVClub is interviewing Dan Harmon and discussing every episode of Community's 2nd Season over the next 4 days. Really interesting and funny stuf. Check it out.

AVClub & Dan Harmon

One of my favorite parts:

we had this whole thing plotted out where we were going to tell this seasonal story of how (Chang)’s plagued by the guilt that his mother put in him that he had a twin in the uterus, and it was a little girl, and he ate her. And [his mother] dressed him up in little dresses and said, “I wish you were your sister instead,” and that rejection triggers these psychotic breaks in him. We were gonna slowly bring in the ghost of his dead sister, playing with a little ball and encouraging him to do bad things.

Brilliant.

This is great. AVClub is interviewing Dan Harmon and discussing every episode of Community's 2nd Season over the next 4 days. Really interesting and funny stuf. Check it out.

AVClub & Dan Harmon

One of my favorite parts:

Brilliant.

That's the kind of shit they should keep hold of and put in season 3. Although they may have trouble getting that one past censors.

• 1 month later...

Archived