Chicon 7 Aug. 30-sept. 4 2012

Yes, yes, let's! I am arriving on Wednesday night so tasting local beer sounds like a very good idea indeed. (I don't technically have a room that night but can still get to the hotel even if I am staying elsewhere.)

Yes, yes, let's! I am arriving on Wednesday night so tasting local beer sounds like a very good idea indeed. (I don't technically have a room that night but can still get to the hotel even if I am staying elsewhere.)

We are checking in Wednesday, so we have a room, but with Makotohanabi's costumes, space might be a little tight.

depending on the size of the room of course.

We are checking in Wednesday, so we have a room, but with Makotohanabi's costumes, space might be a little tight.

depending on the size of the room of course.

Space will be tight, either my costumes grew or the bins shrank overnight. Having a what would MacGuyver do type moment.

Space will be tight, either my costumes grew or the bins shrank overnight. Having a what would MacGuyver do type moment.

Probably tweak a solution out of a paperclip, three rubber bands and bicycle pump.

I am coming into O'hare on the 27th around 3:45. I would consider waiting a bit.

If you do this, I highly recommend you hang out in the secured side of whatever terminal you land in until closer to her flight's arrival time. There is lots of seating and restaurants/food court on the secured side but there is absolutely nothing on the other side once you leave it. Well there is seating but its limited and you are fighting against a sea of people with their luggage lining up and crowding around.

Probably tweak a solution out of a paperclip, three rubber bands and bicycle pump.

What, no duct tape? :)

I'm arriving Wednesday morning and have to pick up a pay-as-you-go phone. Can I do that at O'Hare? Should I wait until I get into the city and find a place there? And is one carrier as good as another?

I'm arriving Wednesday morning and have to pick up a pay-as-you-go phone. Can I do that at O'Hare? Should I wait until I get into the city and find a place there? And is one carrier as good as another?

From memory, I can't think of any stores at O'Hare that would sell this. Probably best to come downtown and get one here. Look at AT&T's website or Verizon and see if they have anything listed that would work for you. They have plenty of stores in the downtown area.

What, no duct tape? :)

We now have unlocked phones and modems and will just get one-off sims when we get to the US. Dunno if we can do it at the airport or not. If so, we will, but if not we'll source somewhere the first morning.

From memory, I can't think of any stores at O'Hare that would sell this. Probably best to come downtown and get one here. Look at AT&T's website or Verizon and see if they have anything listed that would work for you. They have plenty of stores in the downtown area.

Thanks, will do. :)

For some reason, I always enjoy both parties, but have typically REALLY enjoyed the Saturday night party. I like Klingons, what can I say? :) I also like taking a break from our party, and going to the Klingon party. It's also a little disappointing to have to tell people on Fridays, "could you come back tomorrow night, please?" although they usually take it in good stride.

Well, Saturday is looking more likely of the two at this point in time...but I'm keeping the mind open to see what comes...

Haven't tested the app yet myself, but Chicon now has a mobile version of the program and con information: Chicon 7 Mobile Support. Currently available for Android, with an iOS version on its way.

ETA: Now have the app on my phone (HTC Vivid with Android 2.3) and it's got all the essentials (maps, program listed chronologically and by participant, program changes, a way to save events you want to attend as "My Program") and works fairly well, if a little slow in response times on occasion (though that could be my phone). Pretty sure everything in the program will be stored on your phone so you can review it offline, which is a nice touch.

Archived