Chicon 7 Aug. 30-sept. 4 2012

another consideration is the quest and knighting ceremony, if that matters to Jax

Unfortunately, no. It has become too cumbersome to do it with so many people showing up.

Ah, too bad. :(

I was so looking forward to that. Not that I would be one of the quest winners, though. ;)

Unfortunately, no. It has become too cumbersome to do it with so many people showing up.

Awww man. I can't make it to Chicon, but was hoping to go on the quest and particpate in knighting in S.A. next year :bang:

10pm, we've barely gotten started. ;)

Re: parties. Depends on what you want. Friday will be the BwB-only (plus guests). That's usually my favorite party because it's time for us to celebrate ourselves. Saturday is the open party, which means more work and outsiders. But it also means Klingons.

I suppose ultimately it will depend on which night goes smoother for me. Who knows, maybe both nights will...?

I was looking forward to the quest, but if it's gone it's gone. :(

I know I want to make the BwB one on Friday night if I can though...better chance to get more BwBers to realize I do exist! :P

In my experience, the parties open at, what, 8 or 9? So by 10, it really is just getting started, but for the BwB, "just getting started" is like other people's b@lls to the wall, full on party time :) From what I understand, the parties tend to go until 4 am or so. I say "from what I understand" because I have never shut down a BwB party, despite all good intentions. I just can't stay up that late!

Shutting down one of last year's parties partly involved Yagathai and I drinking the Monk's Cafe sour ale as the sun was starting to rise.

But yes, 10pm is safely in the 'just getting started' zone for most BWB parties.

Tangentially related to Regina's post about remembering to vote for the works that move you, if you guys and gals would be kind enough to look over and possibly sign this petition to allow the Business Meeting to vote on a Hugo category for Young Adult novels, I would much appreciate it.

And have fun at WorldCon! <3

SIGNED. And I'll tweet about it tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

For some reason, I always enjoy both parties, but have typically REALLY enjoyed the Saturday night party. I like Klingons, what can I say? :) I also like taking a break from our party, and going to the Klingon party.

:)

I totally hear you, Chats. My favorite memory from last year was trash-talking Klingons at our party (I was impugning their taste in wussy ale -- real Klingons would be doing shots of the Randyll Tarly with extra ghost chiles on the side). I was thinking that someone who has never come to a BWB party before might want to prioritize the Friday night, since it'll be smaller. (for various values of small, considering we have almost 70 BWBers on the list with still a month to go). But the open party has many things to recommend it and is a chance to meet a lot of con-goers in general.

Boo! We will miss you. :(

If I don't make it to SA WorldCon 2013 or London 2014 I officially suck and my BwB membership should be revoked. Will miss you guys, can't wait for the incriminating picts and posts from Chitown... :wideeyed:

Xray,

Are you doing Tee-Shirts this year?

I'll likely start another dedicated thread in the next week or so for t-shirts and organize the whole process in a similar manner to last year.

And in case anyone missed it, the thread for the t-shirts is up and running here.

Tangentially related to Regina's post about remembering to vote for the works that move you, if you guys and gals would be kind enough to look over and possibly sign this petition to allow the Business Meeting to vote on a Hugo category for Young Adult novels, I would much appreciate it.

And have fun at WorldCon! <3

Signed. Now, while we're at it, can we sign a petition to get the Business Meeting moved to a more reasonable time so that those of us who love the 'party track' can actually make it to the meetings to vote?

Hey all,

This is David Peterson (the Dothraki guy). I was at WorldCon last year, and will be there this year. This time, though, I was hoping to figure out everything that was going on before showing up. Looking forward to seeing people there!

And so you should be :)

Some of us are looking forward to seeing you too!

Hey all,

This is David Peterson (the Dothraki guy). I was at WorldCon last year, and will be there this year. This time, though, I was hoping to figure out everything that was going on before showing up. Looking forward to seeing people there!

Hey there! Look forward to seeing you again. :)

Archived