Board People are Real People

JGP

There was one young woman living in the UK (Needle, I think) who I was really impressed by.

True 'dat. Zak, Needle and Tenalpia took me for drinks my first night in Edinburgh last summer. They were the first boarders that I had met in person, and I have to admit that I was a bit nervous before the meet up. But, rest assured, they were incredibly nice people to hang out with and made me feel more than comfortable my first night alone in a country I'd never seen before.

Greg tracked me down and called me once, shortly after I announced that I was pregnant with Henry. He'd heard enough about my heartache and woe in that particular department, and he just to say that he was happy for me and that he was glad things were going well. It was one of the sweetest things that anyone has ever done, seriously.

El-ahrairah (who posts infrequently) is a student at the college that employs me. He came to see my in my office one day. We don't hang out, but it's nice to know he's here.

Hah! I find it amusing that you've all fallen hook, like and sinker for the actors I've hired to play boarders IRL.

I don't know if it was deliberate or a happy mistake, but I find "hook, like, and sinker" to be a marvelous spin on a cliche phrase. Very appropriate for this thread. :)

Boarders are not in fact real people. This entire board is a figment of my imagination that allows me to explore all facets of my personality. That's right, you are all my alter egos. Sorry. Truth hurts. :P

El-ahrairah (who posts infrequently) is a student at the college that employs me. He came to see my in my office one day. We don't hang out, but it's nice to know he's here.

You have met The Rabbit!

Boarders are not in fact real people. This entire board is a figment of my imagination that allows me to explore all facets of my personality. That's right, you are all my alter egos. Sorry. Truth hurts. :P

You have met The Rabbit!

Yup, the Rabbit and the Skunk did indeed have a meeting.

Out of all the people i haven't met yet J, you, dub and coco are on my "why the fuck haven't we chilled yet??" list.

Ah, but you know we will my friend. It's inevitable. For the sake of the environment however, and innocent souls, it would probably be best that you, Dub, Coco and I never actually met at the same time. Such a gathering of laughter and pure unadulterated IT would surely cause some kind of collapse.

Those poor, cosmetically inclined m-theorists aren't ready to know there are only five dimensions.

Coffee flew forth from my mouth at that 'seen you in a mo...' line.

The worst part is my co worker will never understand.

I wish we had a slush fund to get everybody together for a giant meetup. Perhaps on an aircraft carrier.

/resurrect thread

Dammit, when are you all going to move to Dallas so we can have a proper meet-up?

When Texas stops sucking rotting hippopotamus cock.

At any rate, I've met oh, what, 30 to 40?, boarders, and it's been either good or great. Some you click with right away, and some are like your normal friend of a friend that you know, get along well enough that there's no complaint. Don't have any boarder that I have met on my "Do Not Want See Again" list.

Yet. :P

This explains my frequent, prolonged black-outs.

Archived