What's the strangest thing you've read on the Internet today?

Jaxom 1974

Probably a tie between this post from Tormund:

If there were a fluid that turned men into violent monsters, that caused them to shed their morality, and walk away from the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ, would you support amending the constitution to ban such a liquid

and a guy posting on a boxing board that Wladamir Klitschko would KO Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Joe Louis and Larry Holmes in prospective matchups.

Well, now I want to know why Robocop didn't have to shave.

I read this story on CNN today - and wondered why that woman was on the hood of the Jeep in the first place? Weird. Then I read some of the comments complaining about how they couldn't see anything in this video, and why didn't someone get some better footage??? Idiots.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2012/09/21/dnt-woman-driven-on-front-of-car.wsb?iref=allsearch

I think the strangest thing I have read today comes from the BBC, whose article tells about the GOP candidate in Maine, whose campaign is focused on the "disturbing" fact that the democratic opponent plays World of Warcraft. In the 1950s it was thought that comic books would bring down moral turpitude and decay upon those that read them; it was bizarre indeed to see a similar theme in 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19842704

I think the strangest thing I have read today comes from the BBC, whose article tells about the GOP candidate in Maine, whose campaign is focused on the "disturbing" fact that the democratic opponent plays World of Warcraft. In the 1950s it was thought that comic books would bring down moral turpitude and decay upon those that read them; it was bizarre indeed to see a similar theme in 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-19842704

I thought everyone knew that WoW players are devilish and not to be trusted. No? Am I the only one that saw the Southpark episode about this?

I thought everyone knew that WoW players are devilish and not to be trusted. No? Am I the only one that saw the Southpark episode about this?

I thought the devils and demons were to be found in Dungeons and Dragons, not World of Warcraft. <smiles> Guess I missed the South Park episode.

"If you watch pregnancy backwards, its a movie about a she-monster who sucks a child into her vagina and keeps it there for 9 months, absorbing all the nutrients from its body until finally a man comes and sticks his penis in her and absorbs the last of the child."

This may take the cake...

After reading the last two posts, this one will definitely be disappointing. :lol:

I didn't read this thread the first time around, so I did read through it. The strangest thing I've read on the internet today has got to be thread the OP linked.

We all know the internet is great for learning new things we didn't know...but sometimes you gotta come across the oddities of the world without actually meaning to...So what's the oddest thing you've read online today?

A simple Yahoo gem on the grandchildren of a President born more than 200 years ago for me...

Not the stuff about grandchildren. The fact that the author says Canada became a country in 1841. Not 1867, like I was taught in school, and have celebrated all my life. Now I feel like opening a thread on the important events of 1750, the year the USA acheived independence. :lol:

I read this yesterday and feel that it has lessons for all of you.

That Ken M. makes bacon by crushing hotdogs with a rolling pin. Oh, yeah. And stop shipping our Earth jobs to Outer Space!

ETA: The more I read of this Ken M., the harder I'm laughing. Goddamn you, Ken M.!

I went to a dinner tonight and was describing Ken M.'s antics and no one thought it was funny but me.

How you can think the guy who wants NASA to bring our boys home is not funny is beyond me.

Archived